• Having a Grand Day!

Generic Monorail Thougths

Today is crossed my mind that with Mark V Monorail Blue gone to become Mark VII Yellow (it's the only one changing colors), Disney are going to be in the horrible position of only being able to run one monorail at a time, with the second in the Shop waiting for the first to inevibatly fail. Even if it gets back from Bombardier before December 14th, it's going to have to go through Acceptance testing before it can be run with passengers and it's still going to be as useful as Monorail Orange untill they can iron out the faults.

So come December, I'm thinking that there are going to be a lot of annoyed passengers with the monorail running in one direction only for hotel guests only, creating another Dumbo.

I'm betting that they will have to close it again anyway after the peak and not be able to open it untill the next monorail departs for Canada.

Also, I was disapointed to see that all that is happening to the station is new ramps - I was hoping for a new canopy, railings and paint.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Generic Monorail Thougths

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Today is crossed my mind that with Mark V Monorail Blue gone to become Mark VII Yellow (it's the only one changing colors), Disney are going to be in the horrible position of only being able to run one monorail at a time, with the second in the Shop waiting for the first to inevibatly fail. Even if it gets back from Bombardier before December 14th, it's going to have to go through Acceptance testing before it can be run with passengers and it's still going to be as useful as Monorail Orange untill they can iron out the faults.

So come December, I'm thinking that there are going to be a lot of annoyed passengers with the monorail running in one direction only for hotel guests only, creating another Dumbo.

I'm betting that they will have to close it again anyway after the peak and not be able to open it untill the next monorail departs for Canada.

Also, I was disapointed to see that all that is happening to the station is new ramps - I was hoping for a new canopy, railings and paint.
    I'm also disappointed to see the Monorail station not get the makeover it needs. Get rid of that horrible logo that is hard to read, get rid of the terrible canopy over the station and all that ugly brown paint.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

A bit off topic, but there was a nasty mag-lev Monorail accident in Germany today. Many killed.

Video:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1724046

And print news:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...90011?cid=2194

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    A bit off topic, but there was a nasty mag-lev Monorail accident in Germany today. Many killed.

Video:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1724046

And print news:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...90011?cid=2194

A couple thoughts on this!
    1) It has nothing to do with the monorail in Disneyland(or any Disney Park for that matter)

2)This accident has NOTHING to do with the safety of the mag-lev. There was a maintenance vehicle on the tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
    A couple thoughts on this!
    1) It has nothing to do with the monorail in Disneyland(or any Disney Park for that matter)

2)This accident has NOTHING to do with the safety of the mag-lev. There was a maintenance vehicle on the tracks!
    Yes...and I did preface my post with an off-topic warning. And I never mentioned anything about mag-lev's safety.

And the thread title did state "Generic Monorail Thoughts."

Apologies if you didn't find the post relevant or of any interest to you.

• Banned User

They probably have stuff planned.. who knows... maybe one monorail is almost done...

do we know only one monorail is in canada right now?

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm also disappointed to see the Monorail station not get the makeover it needs.
    What? I was under the impression that the whole monorail station would be redone. You're kidding. It never occurred to me that the removal of the speedramps awhile ago might be the only thing removed, other than the Winners Circle below (which I must point out is not being removed but relocated. Bah).

So do we know for sure that everything that's there at this point having to do with the TL monorail station is staying? I want to get my facts straight. The very least that can be done is paint it a different color.

In response to the original post: if the monorail operates with one train in December, it won't be any worse (or much more so) than how it ran all summer...
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below: