50th Dreams vs. Reality

I was trying to remember all the things that were planned for the 50th going back a few years and seeing what actually materialized. Here's some stuff I remember being thrown around a few years back:

1. The re-do of 5 major attractions
    2. The Mickey + Friends "Mt. Rushmore"
    3. A fireworks show that brought the "2nd star to the right" over to DL.
    4. A DL history exhibit over in Innoventions.
    5. A draw-bridge used everyday in some ceremony.

*can anyone think of other plans that were scrapped?

ohhhh...

6. they were looking into some technology that "painted" the castle during the fireworks show (I haven't seen 'Dreams' yet, maybe they do that....)
    7. Something about some giant inflatable balls...I never did fully understand that one.

• Love!

Not all of those were scrapped.

There were "plusses" on HM and JC. And I'm probably forgetting something else. Pan got plussed last year. The two versions of SM count, I'd think.

The fireworks show with 'second star to the right' is probably implying an improved Tink flight. Which exists. And it's the best darn fireworks show I've ever seen.

DL History exhibit got moved to the Opera House

They are using cyber-lights to "paint" the castle during the fireworks, but they aren't quite the same as the ones they were looking at. Still, they're awfully cool.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by MrIncredible
    2. The Mickey + Friends "Mt. Rushmore"
    Thank goodness that is one was dumped! It has to rate as one of the all time lame ideas.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Don't forget the "Hall of Participants" idea. They were going to decorate the park and celebrate 50 years of unnthemed logos and overt product placements. In the show, CEOs from Coke, Pepsi, Nestle, Kodak, GM, GE, Honeywell, Chevron, Mission Foods and many more would magically "come to life" thru Audio Animatronics to sing about their products and how they forced us to consume their messages. Noteworthy songs were "There's a great a big beautiful tamale" by Rosarita.

It was passed on due to issues of logo size.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Don't forget the "Hall of Participants" idea. They were going to decorate the park and celebrate 50 years of unnthemed logos and overt product placements. In the show, CEOs from Coke, Pepsi, Nestle, Kodak, GM, GE, Honeywell, Chevron, Mission Foods and many more would magically "come to life" thru Audio Animatronics to sing about their products and how they forced us to consume their messages. Noteworthy songs were "There's a great a big beautiful tamale" by Rosarita.

It was passed on due to issues of logo size.
    Oh My gosh I have just decided, after months of deliberations, that you ARE the funniest damn person in the universe.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rides against injustice

"DL History exhibit got moved to the Opera House"
    The Innoventions idea was far larger in scale. I wish they wouldve gone through with that.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Banned User

ORIGINALLY, the 50th. exhibit was planed for the Circlevision building.

Also remember the imagineers had three differnet versions of Space Mountain overlays to decide from:

-Retro Mountain: This version included very corny and obviously fake effects including asteroids that hung from wires and the CM's would wear really cheesy sci fi outfits from the 1950s. It was supposed to make fun of how absurd old sci fi films were ala the box office smash hit "Mars Attacks!"

-Stich Mountain: This version would be similar to the original except supposedly they would add a second track to the ride which had stich riding around in a ship getting chased by galactic police or something stupid like that.

-Space Mountain 2.0: Basically this was the serious, no nonsense update of Space Mountain that would include 21st century effects and stuff. Originally 1 of 5 revampings of classic attractions.

All I can say is THANK GOD they chose version #3 over the retarded first two ideas. BTW this was reported by Al Lutz a few years ago.

Mighta been a dry joke ;o]

Hopefully! and Rock It mountian sign is up, so that is a go!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Does anyone remember the completely GOLD castle? I can't believe I actually liked the Idea!!!! (that was also around the time I liked Cinderella II ) How could I be so naive!!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Disney; 05-11-2005 at 05:40 PM.