Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

DCA rides that are similar to Knott's

So Knott's has started to prepare land (where the old Walter K. Steamboat was) to build a new Crazy Mouse Spinning Coaster had me thinking.

Mailboomer and Supreme Scream... Both are rides built by S&S, but Knott's is the larger of the two.

Orange Stinger and Wave Swinger... Both rides are about the same, I prefer the one out in the open instead of enclosed.

Bumper Cars... Both have the same height limits, but the Knott's version is faster.

Grizzly River Run and Bigfoot Rapids.... Same basic ride, DCA's version is longer.

Ghostrider and California Screamin'... Ghostrider is a true Woodie, and ranks higher on Best Coaster lists than Screamin'

King Triton Carousel and Knott's Merry Go Round... Knott's is a true classic Merry Go Round as compared to the fiberglass DCA version.

And now we will have....

Mulholland Madness and Crazy Mouse... Both rides use the same wild mouse type of track, but with Knott's, you will have the extra "spinning" action (similar to Primeval Whirl at DAK).

So IMHO you 7 very similar rides, in which Knott's has the better version 5 out of the 7, DCA has 1 (GRR) and one is tied (Wave Swinger).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: DCA rides that are similar to Knott's

I think Ghostrider sucks and that California Screaming is way better.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^Your opinion, I am attending a event Sunday, October 2nd for coaster fans where we will get to ride Ghostrider by ourselves before the park opens. A lot of fans are paying for this privledge...

Here is a poll that has Ghostrider ranked as the 2nd best Wood coaster in the world... (and that Screamin' didn't even make the list of the top 20 steel coasters).

http://www.screamscape.com/html/top_coasters.htm

Yep my opinion. For me California Screaming is fun, whereas Ghostrider makes me want to visit a doctor after riding it because of all the pain I feel afterwards.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Yep my opinion. For me California Screaming is fun, whereas Ghostrider makes me want to visit a doctor after riding it because of all the pain I feel afterwards.
    Ive only been on Ghostrider once, but it was not a smooth ride by any means. I too hurt pretty bad after.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I think that Ghostrider needs to be rehabbed because it's getting to bepretty rough.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I think that Ghostrider needs to be rehabbed because it's getting to bepretty rough.
    They are currently working on the track. Scheduled to reopen next week.

• Mexihick, y'all

I see no similarities between any of the rides. A lot of parks have the same or similar rides, so it's nothing new.

Maliboomer and SS are two totally different rides.

Theming is the difference between the water rides, as it is the difference at every park, including at Animal Kingdom.

Ghostrider/Screamin'...no similarities aside from being rollercoasters.

Ghostrider is a fabulous ride, and beats Screamin' hands down (for me).

As for the spinner swings...typical carnie fare. That needs to go.

• Neep meep beep

I loved Ghostrider the one day I rode it 4 times or so. But I also like California Screamin', which, agreed, is a smoother ride. With California Screamin's loop and fast launch, they are just completely different rides to me. Both are great.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    They are currently working on the track. Scheduled to reopen next week.
    But come on Darkbeer, we ALL know that Ghostrider was 100 times better when it first opened. The park hasn't taken care of it. They have taken what was arguably the best wooden coaster in the country and turned it to crap. I can barely ride that thing anymore. Last Solace I rode it once and that was enough.

And regarding Grizzly, you failed to mention it's only the 2nd ride of that kind with drops and it has the longest drop of any rapids ride.

Now I'm interested about the new mouse. The info hasn't been released so we don't know if it's a Reverchon Spinning mouse like Primeval Whirl or a Gerstauler spinner like Spinning Dragons at Worlds of Fun. Personally I'd MUCH rather have the Gerstauler since as of now there are only a few of these types of coasters in the US.

The Gerstauler:

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    But come on Darkbeer, we ALL know that Ghostrider was 100 times better when it first opened. The park hasn't taken care of it. They have taken what was arguably the best wooden coaster in the country and turned it to crap. I can barely ride that thing anymore. Last Solace I rode it once and that was enough.

And regarding Grizzly, you failed to mention it's only the 2nd ride of that kind with drops and it has the longest drop of any rapids ride.

Now I'm interested about the new mouse. The info hasn't been released so we don't know if it's a Reverchon Spinning mouse like Primeval Whirl or a Gerstauler spinner like Spinning Dragons at Worlds of Fun. Personally I'd MUCH rather have the Gerstauler since as of now there are only a few of these types of coasters in the US.

The Gerstauler:

So so true. They really didn't do the required maintenance on that thing, and as a result, the ride quality has suffered greatly.

Where are they breaking ground on this new ride, BTW?

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    ^Your opinion, I am attending a event Sunday, October 2nd for coaster fans where we will get to ride Ghostrider by ourselves before the park opens. A lot of fans are paying for this privledge...

Here is a poll that has Ghostrider ranked as the 2nd best Wood coaster in the world... (and that Screamin' didn't even make the list of the top 20 steel coasters).

http://www.screamscape.com/html/top_coasters.htm
    I have to say, Ghost rider was way to bumpy for my liking. Darkbeer, if you wanna have a park that would make you complain way more than DCA, you should come out to NC and go to Carowinds. I was HAPPY to have DCA after visiting that hell hole.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The new Spinning Coaster is going where the Walter K. Steamboat was....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...97018159/Large

• Mexihick, y'all

What?!? I can't believe that Knott's has taken every little quaint aspect about that park and ruined it. It's just a huge concrete hell hole now. I always thought the water areas were what made it so "sweet".

• n/a

Stupid Ghostrider!

Claimed My Wdw Water Bottle Strap As It's Own!!!!!!!!!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast