Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Wink 9/22 Visit: Space paints its queue, Halloweentime signs, a few other things

Another surprise visit! We decided to stop by just for the evening. No pics, but I wanted to share some things before I turn in.

There is a new display in the planter as you make the first turn under the freeway overpass on the Mickey&Friends tram. It is for Halloween Time and has Mickey and Minnie dressed up, and it was very cute and lit up at night, but of course you go by so fast I barely had time to see it! Also, there is a grassy patch on the walled side of the tram route, and as we were coming back, we saw some people setting up another display with several pumpkins! It's getting me excited for what awaits us at Halloweentime.

I'm not sure if it has been reported yet but something is finally being done about the baby-blue paint on the ground of Space Mountain's queue. It appears as though someone took a paint roller and spread dark blue paint over the light blue, and the slightly bumpy texture makes it look almost spongy. It looked shinier to me, so I'm supposing they used a glossy finish on it too. But whatever was done, it looks great! It will not show grime or dirt or gum or other contents of peoples' shoes nearly as much as the plain light blue has! In fact, in the area directly in front of the Space Mountain sign before you go inside, there was a place where it just ended, where the painters stopped the night before! I wish I had gotten a picture of it. There wasn't any particular line where it cut off either; it was a little here, none there...it kinda made me want a paint roller.

By the way, Space Mountain was not using Fastpass and the line did not exceed 30 minutes. Beat that!

And Splash was a near walk-on. Not many takers on a Friday night!

I noticed that the walls in front of the old Radio Disney / new TomorrowLanding shop have moved back about 15 feet, and the structure itself is coming along.

We rode the Disneyland Railroad to avoid battling Fantasmic/PoD crowds at about 7:30. We timed it just right so that we passed IASW just as the parade floats were heading backstage, and the Lion King float was right in front of us as we passed by, with Goofy, Timon, Dopey, and others waving! That was magical.

There was absolutely no sign of the 50th anywhere to be found, save Sleeping Beauty Castle. All the Main Street 50's are gone, along with the flower planters and Tinker Bells that were on the lamp posts.

We did our traditional end to our visit, watching R...DCT from IASW. It didn't seem likely because the winds were picking up earlier today, but things calmed down and the show was just as great as always. The smoke, however, seemed to be going every which way! We were coughing quite a bit as we rode IASW immediately afterward. Then we went home, and now I'm enjoying some chicken noodle soup, and I'll head for bed. Good night!

• Resident DL'er

Re: 9/22 Visit: Space paints its queue, Halloweentime signs, a few other things

I was there today as well, and the lines were very short for the most part, despite massive crowds!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Thanks for the update 2DieFR!
    I was missing DL tonight and wondering what was going on in the park. I can sleep better now!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Senior Minion

We were there tonight and Toad still has his 50th in hand. So does the front of the Main Street Station. It was a really nice day to be at the park. At around 2p Pirate's was down again. But we went on Splash, and dare I say it, Pooh. Went back to Pirates later and waited about 20 minutes, not bad. The 50 in ToonTown above the Trolley Station was still there. So a few leftover 50's still around. Pretty much everything was a walk on, 15 min to 20 including Indy. except Space and Roger Rabbit(55 minutes)
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

I can not believe you all went and did not take pics, gee whats an update, with pics?? shame shame.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post

I'm not sure if it has been reported yet but something is finally being done about the baby-blue paint on the ground of Space Mountain's queue. It appears as though someone took a paint roller and spread dark blue paint over the light blue, and the slightly bumpy texture makes it look almost spongy. It looked shinier to me, so I'm supposing they used a glossy finish on it too. But whatever was done, it looks great! It will not show grime or dirt or gum or other contents of peoples' shoes nearly as much as the plain light blue has! In fact, in the area directly in front of the Space Mountain sign before you go inside, there was a place where it just ended, where the painters stopped the night before! I wish I had gotten a picture of it. There wasn't any particular line where it cut off either; it was a little here, none there...it kinda made me want a paint roller.
    I was there on Wednesday I noticed the paint as well. I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Premium Youngling and

Thanks for the update!

i was there as well. I was happy to see that no lines exceeded 45 minutes. We were there from 6:30pm-10:00pm. We rode most of the big rides:
    Indy, Splash, Thunder...
    We watched "Remember" from Main St. and it was a pretty good night.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    I can not believe you all went and did not take pics, gee whats an update, with pics?? shame shame.
    I have been debating on if I should bring my larger camera or not...LOL...I decided to bring it, but not all the lenses...LOL...

They did the fireworks? Aw, man...it was so windy (and I'm still 0-and-4 with the fireworks this year) that we decided not to even waste our time and wait. Grrrr...

We were there last night as well. I concur, lots of people but mostly milling about, the waits were very short for everything except Peter Pan (natch). The tinkerbell finials were gone off the street lights on Main Street, and they looked so naked I wanted to knit them each a little sweater! The rats were AWOL on Indy but the pole and the rope were working fine. AND we saw a herd of goats strolling around the backside of BTRR heading for Fantasyland! I took a photo of that, but am having a little trouble with the uploading process ( am a bit of a luddite ).

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    Everyone loves photos, but if you're not great with a camera, or just forgot yours (or the battery died!) I still enjoy reading the descriptions of what's going on in the park. Post photos if you have them, but if not, I still love reading updates. It's all good. MiceChat is the best Disney site on the net, I love you guys
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    Everyone loves photos, but if you're not great with a camera, or just forgot yours (or the battery died!) I still enjoy reading the descriptions of what's going on in the park. Post photos if you have them, but if not, I still love reading updates.
    Oh I know. I didn't bring my camera because the battery was dead and we just got a new camera deck, and I couldn't figure out how to charge it on the new one. (I just got it to work this morning, it's charging right now!) That, and when I do bring the camera my family is not very patient with me when I request to stop to take some pictures of something, especially when it involves peeking into construction walls and such. I don't know what their hurry is- so we don't fit Big Thunder into our visit, so what, we'll come back in a week! I do the best I can however.

• Banned User

Awesome story telling!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Oh That, and when I do bring the camera my family is not very patient with me when I request to stop to take some pictures of something
    I hear that. My family hates when I get into picture taking mode. I taje one picture and they are rushing me or askign why i need to atke 3 pics of the same thing. Geez...I'm bracketing the shot...go do something..>LOL...one time I had them go off so i could be alone to take pictures, then they got mad because I ditched them...I can't win...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast