Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Rumor... "Remember" NOT returning

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    It shouldnt return because Julie Andrews talks about "50 years ago... a magical place was born", etc etc.

That can easily be changed. Just have her or somebody with a similar voice record a new narration spiel.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

I'm sure they could get her to re-do the narration. ^^

• Vehicle rotating backward

You guys don't seem to understand. Remember over-stretches DL by trying to do a WDW-sized show with more shells than ever going off inside the park, off the tops of show buidings, rather than the action going on behind Toontown as usual. This combined with the well-known fact that the show was designed with that picturesque font castle view in mind makes the entire thing an operational MESS.

I mean, the way it fills up the hub is bad enough, but the amount of attractions that have to be shut down for safety reasons (fireworks on the roof) just compounds the issue and makes it even worse.

While a decent show (IllumiNations is honestly a better spectacle) the show's major heart-tugging moment to long timers is all the winks and nods of respect for the extinct attractions, and you can take an old sound effect or spiel and play it to a new fireworks show that doesn't have a laser-focus on watching it from the hub.

• The Fantasyland guy

We all know the strain this show puts on the hub and the rest of the park.

We all understand how this show over-stretches DL beyound the breaking point.

What you dont seem to understand is that there are a lot of people who say that it is worth it!

People are willing to pay anything for quality! This is why DL is a success and DCA is a failure. I dont mind Remember going away, as long as they bring something with quality to replace it. I dont want them to make the same mistake they did with night time entertainment when they thought up LightMagic! The public is not stupid, we will not fall for it.

Remember is the only show around that I will stop every time to watch. (Illuminations: ROE would be if I lived closer to it) It's all about the Quality!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, I just hope ol' Stinkerbell don't go back ta flyin' in a straight line agin--like she USED ta do! Keep that pesky pixie flyin' the same way she did fer the 50th! Otherwise she'll git fat 'n lazy an' fergit how ta fly altagether an' that ain't what folks pays good money fer!!

• Disneyland Cast Member

But remember at the same time the air quality board is pressuring us to reduce the show in order to lower the particulites in the area. There is a guy in my neighborhood who is suing the park and the air quality board over his lung diease. He was just interviewed by Japanese TV last week. And he has got a whole team of big name attornys representing him. I think its another McDonalds hot coffee suit, but anything for a buck. It's one of those not in my backyard kind of thing. Who knows what would have happened to the Resort if H.O.M.E. (Home Owners Maintaining their Enviroment) hadn't been so vocal about WESCOT.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    It shouldnt return because Julie Andrews talks about "50 years ago... a magical place was born", etc etc.
    Year 2000: The 45 years of magic parade premires with a introduction talking about 45 invited guests. After the celebration, they rewire the introduction and rename it the Parade of the Stars.

First off.. I believe Remember to be the BEST Disney fireworks show at any Disney park. I have seen Wishes at MK, which I thought was the best until I saw the Remember show at Disneyland.

I believe that there should be a new show after the holidays, but I expect it to be BETTER than Remember. Why should WDW only get the great shows?

Disneyland just raised prices and they expect to cut quality??? I don't mind spending more, but I expect the BEST quality possible. WDW is always getting BETTER shows than what they had before. Why is Disneyland second rate all of a sudden?

This sounds like a Ed Grier stupidity!! Where is Matt Ouimet when you need him?
    Right On! Disneyland always gets the raw end of the deal and then they raise prices on us for low quality. That fireworks show is probably the best on ever that you will ever see.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
    But remember at the same time the air quality board is pressuring us to reduce the show in order to lower the particulites in the area. There is a guy in my neighborhood who is suing the park and the air quality board over his lung diease. He was just interviewed by Japanese TV last week. And he has got a whole team of big name attornys representing him. I think its another McDonalds hot coffee suit, but anything for a buck. It's one of those not in my backyard kind of thing. Who knows what would have happened to the Resort if H.O.M.E. (Home Owners Maintaining their Enviroment) hadn't been so vocal about WESCOT.
    I also remember the Company shareholder review saying that they were using a new clean air technology for the fireworks show.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Disneyland Cast Member

The amount of pollution saved by the air launch system has been negated by the increase in the number of shells used in the show. This is one of the basic points in this guys law suit. His lawyers have a company out sampling the air during shows. Then after the shows I have seen them in my neigborhood and on Ball Rd. picking up the fallout, paper and burnt pieces of shells that fall from the sky. They look like CSI, tagging what they found and putting it into plastic bags. First time I saw them I thought there had been a murder. Look at what has happened to Sea World's fireworks show because of pollution concerns.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/la-me-firew...ll=ktla-news-1

His suit contens that if fireworks can hurt sea life what is it doing to our lungs. And those of childern and the elderly. There are several senior care homes near the park. A friend who lost his Mom at one of the homes has been contacted by this legal firm. I think this will roll into one big ball of lawsuits as the wolfs begin to circle.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

This is really DL's best fireworks show ever, and it should continue.
    It really is one of the best attractions DL has to offer today. In
    the meantime, it would be great if they did update the MSEP. (And
    YES, I am getting tired of saying that, but it's such an obvious need,
    but until DL management does something about it, I'll keep repeating
    myself.)

As for the unhappy neighbors, who are lawsuit happy, why don't they
    sue the city for all the pollution caused by the traffic on the city streets?
    Good grief, what a bunch of crap! They are complaining again? It's like
    they moved next door to a known toxic waste dump, and now they are
    just realizing it was a bad idea? Their complaining like DL is their
    neighborhood terrorist!

Oh, please it's DL, they have been shooting fireworks for decades and
    the neighbors pretend that they didn't know DL shoots of fireworks?
    They didn't realize that they were moving into a neighborhood next to
    the worlds best known theme park? The Judge should give those unhappy
    neighbor's a kick in the @$$ and apologize to DL, because of the presence
    of DL and the tax dollar's that have created the beatification program all
    around the Anaheim resort certainly has increased their own house values.

Idiots. sigh, and then they try to get more $$$'s out of it for no reason at all.
    I have NO sympathy for them at all. These people just abuse the legal system,
    and should be taught a lesson for that abuse.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 09-24-2006 at 05:37 PM.

• The Dark Ride

I see a lot of discussion about quality, and I think that's a very shortsighted take on this.

The Believe show was amazing. Will be amazing. One of the best fireworks shows ever.

The Remember show was amazing. Probably THE best firework show ever.

However, it -did- take an incredible toll on the park. On the overstretched manpower. On an infrastructure designed for -one kind- of fireworks show. On oversized crowds who couldn't be moved around properly. On attractions already overtaxed, now burdened even more when some of the park's heavy hitters are taken down every night just for this one show that doesn't even last a half an hour.

Was Remember the best fireworks show in DL history? Without a doubt. This does NOT mean that the Believe show is somehow an inferior show, to the point that somehow we're being robbed or ripped off. (I saw a comment about 'raising prices and lowering quality'.) This is akin to saying a restaurant changing it's menu from serving lobster to serving prime rib is somehow robbing it's customers. No, it's just a different kind of offering that still pleases, but requires a completely different kind of preparation.

Believe is a great show, and I believe the next show will be grand as well. Disney has proven that the days of knock-off crap in the park are gone for now, and a committment to quality is clearly in place. (Despite this 'million dreams/DisneyParks nonsense thrown at it by Florida.) In that case, I completely believe there can be a balance struck between the guests who do -not- want the -entire- evening of Disneyland to be oriented around the 20 minutes of fireworks as well as those who really enjoy the fireworks show. Right now, that balance does not exist. Whether you want to watch them or not, the park screeches to a HALT when Remember plays. No trains move. Fantasyland roped off. Toontown down. Tiki Room down. Frontierland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland turned into one-way traffic flow nightmares.

It has to end, and it has to end now. Remember was grand, but it's over, and now we'll have a great fireworks show to replace it that provides quality to -every- guest...not just those who want to spend two hours sitting on concrete for a 20 minute show.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Everyones opinions here are right on the money! While it will be tough to see this one go, I think its time to move on. I think one other thing that people are forgetting... this is a LONG show! Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the average length about 10-12 minutes for previous shows? This opne is close to 20? Thats a lot of pyro!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123