Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rumor... "Remember" NOT returning

Disclaimer - while this has been confirmed by several sources from inside TDA, it's no where near official!

I have it on good authority that a new fireworks show will debut in April, and the current plans are to retire "Remember, Dreams Come True" this November. Four sources, all from Disney, have confirmed this, but I am not sure if i trust two of them.

The point of this post is, make sure to see it now if you haven't yet, becuase it sounds as if it will be going away.

Rumor has it the new show will be shorter, new sound track, less pyro launch sites. Also hearing that Believe in Holday Magic will be touched up and will utilize some of the same pyro launch sites used in "Remember" used.

I'll let you know if i hear more. Hasta folks!

• Kevin's a girl?

Re: Rumor... "Remember" NOT returning

"Remember".. Not Returning? I don't know about everyone else but I have to say "Remember" is my most favorite. I cried the last time I saw it

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• It's all about Theme!

They wouldn't throw a money maker away like that.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Good news for Believe. I hope they use the projection systems and the lighting systems they installed for Remember. I look forward to seeing the show.

Is there now a possibility they will use the round-the-hub launch sites?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Newseditor44 View Post
    Disclaimer - while this has been confirmed by several sources from inside TDA, it's no where near official!

I have it on good authority that a new fireworks show will debut in April, and the current plans are to retire "Remember, Dreams Come True" this November. Four sources, all from Disney, have confirmed this, but I am not sure if i trust two of them.
    Remember ends Nov. 4th. Believe begins Nov. 10th.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

It thought "Remember" was going bye-bye (with the other 50th stuff) when they made the transition to "Halloweentime."

I would really love to get a hard date for the last show because I want to make sure I can get some video from a couple of different vantage points before it ends. (I know, I'm the procrastination queen!! )

edit: Thanks Malcon!
    <o>

• Premium Youngling and

Im not really suprised that it wont be returning. I looks like a really expensive show and that is why they are shortening it. I will miss it though. O well...

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by AhLowHee View Post
    "Remember".. Not Returning? I don't know about everyone else but I have to say "Remember" is my most favorite. I cried the last time I saw it
    I cry every time I see it!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Still lost in Neverland

As much as I love it, it was a 50th show. It was made specifically for the 50th celebrations. I excptected to go away and be replaced. This doesn't surprise me at all. I am sure they will come with something easier to do and less costly for the next show, but they did learn a lot about what now can be done in fireworks show. It may not be as spectacular as Remember, but I bet the come up with something nice to replace it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• ...TWO BITS!

I hope they have up after the Believe (X-mas) and stay until Nov, then back to Believe (X-mas) and finally a new fireworks show. So like it's been said, they use the "dream" word in the title to tie the fireworks show into the "Year of a Million Dreams" campaign. Also because when I tired to tape the show, it got cancelled from high winds . At least I got my tape of Parade of Dreams . That's another entertainment offer that already has "dreams" word in it and also said might stay another year.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• n/a

In a Disney Eutopia they would use this oppertunity to out do themselves. Making the next show better than the last!

But this is reality and it's going to suck...
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Sock Puppet

I love Dreams its so fun i cant belive its going to be gone o well.

• Banned User

Yay I'm sick of Remember. No point in it with the 50th gone. Time for a new show!

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I hope they have up after the Believe (X-mas) and stay until Nov, then back to Believe (X-mas) and finally a new fireworks show. So like it's been said, they use the "dream" word in the title to tie the fireworks show into the "Year of a Million Dreams" campaign. Also because when I tired to tape the show, it got cancelled from high winds . At least I got my tape of Parade of Dreams . That's another entertainment offer that already has "dreams" word in it and also said might stay another year.

Happened to me twice just on my last trip!!! Then the 3rd try after a long delay the show went on but without the Pirates shots from the matterhorn they just didn't use those.

Seriously though Remember is a great show. Yes those who get to see it all the time may be getting tired of it but its still an awsome show. I mean they could (and probably will) use a new show that is half as good as Remember but that they use for twice as long ... then people will really be tired of a show and would be thinking "Man, I wish they would've kept Remember a little longer!"

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I still love "Remember." I'm personally not sick of it and enjoy it every time I'm at the park late enough to catch it. I think it is a fabulous tribute to attractions past and present, and that it should stay past Christmas. Of course, they should change some of the wording so it doesn't mention the whole "50 years ago" dialogue, but it is still a wonderful show worth saving....

that and like Pixie Chick, I still need to get video footage of the stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast