• Neep meep beep

OC Register: Halloween time details, "Grins over Gore"!

Full article at: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1283817.php

Quote:
    ANAHEIM – The Disneyland Resort on Thursday unveiled specifics of its "HalloweenTime" seasonal event, billed as the "biggest and best Halloween event ever celebrated" at the resort in its 51 years.
    The event, which starts Sept. 29 and runs through Oct. 31, is part of Disneyland's attempt to bolster attendance in the period between its peak summer and Christmas seasons. It aims to attract Southern California families with children ages 3 to 11 who are looking for a not-too-scary outing during the month leading up to Halloween.
    "We know who our audience is," said Joey Michaels, a senior producer with Disney Entertainment Productions. "We know that we want it to be family- friendly. … Even when we talk about our villains, our villains are fun. …They can be scary to a very little one, but we want to treat them in a fun way."

More at the link above.

• Shubisha

Re: OC Register: Halloween time details, "Grins over Gore"!

I just want a parade ='( Is that so much to ask? *cries some more*

I also want them to call it the not so scary halloween party like at wdw just so knott's can do ads for the knott's so scary halloween party and i can get a little giggle out of it =D

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I just want a parade ='( Is that so much to ask? *cries some more*
    You said it!!!! A Halloween parade with Villains would be so great.

If anyone remembers the Flights of Fantasy parade (the "Inflatable Parade") from 1983....when Maleficent would ride by, so high up in the air, with that wonderful scary music....in between her speeches she would give the most evil, hateful looks at the audience, and then extend her arm and point her finger right at you, or the person next to you.
    And then she'd throw her head back...."BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!" Little children would absolutely scramble to their feet and hide behind their parents....it was awesome!

• Banned User

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time I've heard of Disneyland redecorating for Halloween and having a Halloween-themed event a la Knott's Scary Farm (Haunted Mansion Holiday doesn't really count since it's more Christmas-oriented). I must admit I'm curious why this was never really done before.

Actually, Disneyland did host a Halloween themed event, twice infact, back in the mid 90's. It was called, Mickey's Halloween Treat.

I don't believe it will compare to what's in store with this event, but they did have something, cuz I went to both back then. It was cute, but not very elaborate. I have pics of the event and remember they had pumpkin lamp shades on all the lamps in Town Square and up Main St. Frontierland was renamed Lonesome Ghost Town where they attempted to have roaming *spooks* in that area, but nothing like what Knott's Scary Farm has.

Plus Halloween themed foods and snacks and Disney Villians (more than usual) throughout the Park.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    Actually, Disneyland did host a Halloween themed event, twice infact, back in the mid 90's. It was called, Mickey's Halloween Treat.

I don't believe it will compare to what's in store with this event, but they did have something, cuz I went to both back then. It was cute, but not very elaborate. I have pics of the event and remember they had pumpkin lamp shades on all the lamps in Town Square and up Main St. Frontierland was renamed Lonesome Ghost Town where they attempted to have roaming *spooks* in that area, but nothing like what Knott's Scary Farm has.

Plus Halloween themed foods and snacks and Disney Villians (more than usual) throughout the Park.
    I went on Halloween night once waaaaaay back in '96 I believe it was (maybe '95), and it was pretty fun... The Rivers of America had fog running through it, so you could hardly see in New Orleans Square at all (real spooky, I hope they bring it back), and they had a few CMs surprising you in POTC, too... the best was a CM dressed like a pirate doing a perfect Audio Animatronic parody of the other pirates in the jail scene... it looked so authentic everyone was wondering when they installed the new AA, until he got up and did a robot/moonwalk across the jail...

• Everyone neat and pretty?

I was there in 1993. it was cool. The following year the event was announced but never happened.
    Like Mickeys Halloween treat now at DCA, everyone could wear costumes. This lead to some pretty interesting and scary visuals from the adults. Not everyone dressed as a Disney character. It reminded me of Halloween on Santa Monica Blvd.

There was one guy there I remember well, he was dressed as Chuckie from Rugrats. He looked just like him and the only costuming he needed were the clothes and glasses. The funniest thing about him was that the guy was at least 6'3"!
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.