Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disabled Guest Pro

Rockin' Space Mountain?

EDIT: MickeyMania was absolutely correct! Screamscape has posted the following:

[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif]2007 - Rockin’ Space Mountain - Confirmed - (10/4/06) Disney has announced that Space Mountain will add an all new Rockin’ soundtrack for just 16 weeks from 1/3/07 to 4/26/07, allowing guests to ride a ride through the greatest concert in the universe[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman', Times, Serif][/FONT]
    Anyone have any comment on this plan? It is known that Disney Imagineers were not able to complete the orginally planned "Rockit Mountain" due to the bumped up timeline to get Space Mountain re-opened. Any idea why they would do this now, (maybe trying to get more people in)? Do you think or want them to still close Space sometime in the future to install and open "Rockit Mountain"?

I have seen the sign in the park before and it says Rockit, not Rockin. Does anyone know if this has been changed or have a pic of the sign?

Also, does anyone know if the plan is still to close it for a refurb where they can add the effects that imagineers wanted to add before but couldn't because they wanted the ride open earlier and cut the time from them to put the effects in. The reviews from Grad Night that the ride got were not very great. Anyone heard if its still planned ot be only a night time version of the ride? The website doesn't say that.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...OMDLandingPage
    Last edited by DisneyGeek75; 10-04-2006 at 06:41 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Rockin' Space Mountain?

Rockin' Space Mountain is a brief event stretching over a few months. They will have completed their works on the effects to the best of their ability. It will be offered in place of the regular experience during this period. They simply can place a big "Rockin" sign over the queue sign and then remove it when it's done.

After a few months of Rockin' mode, it will return to Space Mountain for the forseeable future unless new developments arise.

• Disabled Guest Pro

So then they still are not ready to go with Rockit' Mountain? What ever happened to that? I mean it was in the planning stages, you can tell by the sign itself and then it was not completed because the refurb was behind schedule and they didn't get to put all the effects in. They called it Rockit' Mountain for Grad Night as well. So is it just something that is not ready to present as a completed attraction so they are doing this in the meantime to try and boost attendance now the the 50th is over?

• Disabled Guest Pro

OK, I guess I should not have posted this! Sorry, thought someone may have some further info on it.

Im sorry but I have never heard of it being Rockit Mountain. Only Rockin Mountain. Rockin meaning the new rock soundtrack that will be in place for a few months. Its not a new ride its just a temporary experience (for now anyway). If they do add more special effects it will be because they had no time before not to do with Rockit anything. The only thing I can think of is you misread the sign or they were going to call Rockin Mountain "Rockit" Mountain for a while (which I doubt).

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzi View Post
    Im sorry but I have never heard of it being Rockit Mountain. Only Rockin Mountain. Rockin meaning the new rock soundtrack that will be in place for a few months. Its not a new ride its just a temporary experience (for now anyway). If they do add more special effects it will be because they had no time before not to do with Rockit anything. The only thing I can think of is you misread the sign or they were going to call Rockin Mountain "Rockit" Mountain for a while (which I doubt).

No, it was originally going to be named Rock It Mountain. Here are several links from the MiceChat boards as well as a link to an offical Disney site discussing Grad Night and one of the offerings being ROCK IT MOUNTAIN.

I also know that there are pics of the actual sing on here somewhere but I have not been able to locate them yet. I also have personally seen the sign and it definitely sayed RockIt on it.

http://www.disneylandnews.com/articl...article_id=131

Teaser: Rock It Mountain

í06 Seniors Rock it at Rock it Mountain, Disneyland Resortís Grad Nite

I rode Rock It Mountain! - pics and vids (MERGED)

• Banned User

I'm guessing... since everything talking about it says rockin' means that it will be rockin' Space Mountain... and never use Rockit Mountain

(even the report for stock holders say Rockin')

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    I'm guessing... since everything talking about it says rockin' means that it will be rockin' Space Mountain... and never use Rockit Mountain

(even the report for stock holders say Rockin')
    Obviously that is what they are calling this version of it but it may not be permanent. As was previously answered above this is going to be a temporary special event. So my question is are they using this temporary event for now to try and draw in visitors with the idea of doing another refurn in the future to have the chance to install all the effects that the imagineers originally wanted to install, and then open it as Rockit Mountain? The sign was still there the last time I visited in Aug, you can see it behind the Space on the regular sign. Has that sign been changed to reflect the new name or not? If it has not then it may still be the plan to eventually install all the other effects and open it as RockitMountain.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Still looking for the picture of the sign but it was no doubt about it Rock It Mountain, at least that was the intent and that is what it was called for Grad Night. Here is a link to the Official Disneyland Grad Night Page with that name being used. I am just trying to find out if it is a complete name change or is it only temporary and is going to change again after the updates can be installed.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Here is a link to another thread that I did not know was here. IT has a picture of the sign. While it is hard to see the T at the end due to the shadows, it is a T. Any idea why after spending money on the sign Disney all of a sudden decided, ummm lets just call it somethin else?

RockIt returns...
    Last edited by DisneyGeek75; 09-25-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Add Link

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
    No, it was originally going to be named Rock It Mountain. Here are several links from the MiceChat boards as well as a link to an offical Disney site discussing Grad Night and one of the offerings being ROCK IT MOUNTAIN.

I also know that there are pics of the actual sing on here somewhere but I have not been able to locate them yet. I also have personally seen the sign and it definitely sayed RockIt on it.

I back him up it WAS Rock It Moutain when they annouced it so there and I dont think was that cool of idea since there were really no cool effects added anyway..just add stuff to Space Moutain instead of wasting money and time on a stupid Rock 'n' Roller clone..

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post

ahhh. Yes thats why I said that it was probably originally called Rockit and was changed. Nice to know though.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Can anyone tell me if the sign has been updated with the new name?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Sign hasn't been updated with the new name. Rockin' Spce Mountain is the name of the time-limited event when Space Mountain will be switched off and the new effects will be switched on for a few months. They will probably stick a temporary "Rockin'" on the existing Space Mountain display.

After that period has passed (before summer starts), the new effects go off, possibly forever, and Space Mountain returns.

• Disabled Guest Pro

Updated original post above. Also instead of spring as has been reported it looks like it will start in Jan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast