Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I experienced one of the first Dreams! [Year Of A Million Dreams - Soft Opening]

On busy nights where are they going to put the folks in wheelchairs? That Fantasmic! wheelchair viewing area is often full of people with special needs. A slow Sunday night in September is radically different than Columbus Day weekend or Christmas or any Saturday night in summer. What are they going to do then?

Will the people who get this "Dream" simply stand behind two dozen people in wheelchairs? Is that what they call special treatment worthy of a dream?

This Dreams promotion seems very poorly thought out, and very poorly planned and funded. It feels like they are simply pulling stuff out of thin air that is cheap or free because it starts in a week and they have to do something.
    Last edited by TP2000; 09-25-2006 at 11:34 AM.

• The Dark Ride

Re: I experienced one of the first Dreams! [Year Of A Million Dreams - Soft Opening]

I noticed that new uniform around yesterday, and wondered what was up. I thought it was a security uniform sans hat, but then at the end of the day walking down Main Street, we wound up speaking with two gals in that uniform who remembered my wife from the Daddios happy birthday incident earlier in the day. (See the Delta Daddios thread for details.) At the time, I was exhausted after seven hours in the park, or it would have hit me: who are these CM's in these white-shirted uniforms who were in NOS in the afternoon but on Main Street at park closing?

That answers that. I can say that in at least this instance, they're bringing in good people to do that gig. These two ladies were very personable and good examples of the CM tradition.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    A slow Sunday night in September is radically different than Columbus Day weekend or Christmas or any Saturday night in summer. What are they going to do then?
    Who said it had to be done every night?

This Dreams promotion seems very poorly thought out, and very poorly planned and funded. It feels like they are simply pulling stuff out of thin air that is cheap or free because it starts in a week and they have to do something.
    Oh stop it already. Now you slam disney for trying things? In case you haven't noticed the real prizes are already documented and known, try reading them before you go slamming. This is just examples where disney can (and obviously is) looking where they can add more 'suprises' for people where they want.

Next you'll start slamming adding parade marshalls is a cop out because because they'll probably mention the promotion when they pick people.

• Again! Again! Again!

This is a good idea, but again, it's not the best place to see the show. I'm glad I stayed to see the show and to get my own perspective on it. And I'm also glad that the "Dream Squad" was so receptive as we gave our input.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    This is just examples where disney can (and obviously is) looking where they can add more 'suprises' for people where they want.
    Why not make someone's day by offering what might be considered a special perk? We, as Disney geeks, might not be so impressed but to the average Joe Tourist, it could be pretty cool. Okay, this I agree with.

The tone of your post however, not so much.
    A signature should go here.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

the better location is left of the center light pole and the firework desk.
    there is a small area disney can rope-off
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Main Gypsy

Ick... even as an AP'er, I don't want to see "The Backside of Fantasmic". This is the Year of a Million Dreams!!! I can not even begin to imagine if a person who won this would be happy with the view, especially if this is their first time seeing the show. I think it would not make a "Dream" come true and spoil the "Magic" to see CM's running on and off stage. I also agree that near the smoking section is not ideal. I would be disappointed if I had to sit down-wind from second-hand smoke.

Guarding the area I think needs to be addressed as well. We saw people sneaking into the VIP seating area when the CM walked away from the roped area for a few minutes. Another thing I think would be nice is to set out chairs for the event. Ok look, I am not asking for dessert here; just a chair to sit in to rest my feet. I mean think about it, these people have WON Priority STANDING?! (for 100 people) Wow, can you give 'em a chair? Also, it may be very possible that with chairs set up in a particular area, that may keep the people who go under the ropes away because they will get the message that is is an area for VIP's or Dream winners or whatever.

I like the other areas that have mentioned in the previous posts. Kudos to TDA for testing out the areas first and listening to your input.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

How very interesting. I am so glad the Dream Squad found someone that they could get great input out of. And thus one of the theories talked about here goes by the wayside. Y'know the one about not picking out APers and such. The Year of A Million Dreams doesn't seem well planned and though out but when all is said and done I think Disneyland will run the promotion better than at WDW. You can already see how things are being run at present at both parks and Disneyland is spending more money, cleaning the park better, refurbing with more detail. Is it just me or does WDW seem to take their guests for granted somewhat? Really they can afford to do that a little, because they don't have to promote very much to get people to come down. Just the name Walt Disney World advertises for itself. Since the Disney company has done more promotion for WDW than Disneyland, DL has had to work harder to pack them in. And thus the guest experience seems to be better at DLR.

Keep in mind this is just coming from an outside observer. I may be way off base. Thanks for sharing your experience with us Sadako!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

I don't know what the odds are on getting a dream offer, any dream, but I hope that isn't the only one you end up getting.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Band_of_Gypsies View Post
    I am not asking for dessert here; just a chair to sit in to rest my feet. I mean think about it, these people have WON Priority STANDING?! (for 100 people) Wow, can you give 'em a chair?
    I'd like a chair AND dessert (just greedy I guess). I also like that DL is pre-testing some of the prizes in advance.

Thanks Sadako for sharing! And it was nice that you got picked since you are in the park so much. How often do you go? (just wondering)
    Minnietoo

• Disabled Guest Pro

I think it was a good idea to try but impractical to actual do. The two spots that premium seating uses already (that cost $60 and sell out well in advance) are already not the best locations. The seating down near Rivers of America is on the left side where you always see the black chairs set up and the dessert bar. That area is not centered and offers viewing challenges unless you are one of the first to pre-check-in and get assigned the best seats. The balcony area is more centered but has less seating and is first come first serve (no pre check-in) and there are obstacles in the way in some spots. And those were the two best locations that they could put those seating areas and still charge $60. Maybe if they reserved a few less seats for the show in those areas they could give away seats in there.

• Main Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    I'd like a chair AND dessert (just greedy I guess).
    I like the idea of dessert too but it just seems like they are trying to keep it cheap. I don't think you are being greedy either. Believe me, I would be sooo thrilled to get both.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
    Maybe if they reserved a few less seats for the show in those areas they could give away seats in there.
    I think this is an excellent idea! It has chairs and dessert I don't think it is what they have in mind since it is suppose to be for 100 people. I guess that is why no chairs are in the equation. It is probably difficult to pack 100 people in chairs, little alone standing....

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    A look from the back at the Dream Squad costume:

(White Shirt, Blue pants, Pin Lanyard)
    Judging from the display in Costuming, this is just a temporary costume. I'm not going to say much more than that.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I was so thankful that Sadako let us join in on this opportunity! It was really a good idea, but not necessarially the most thought out. And like Grumpy4 said, I was really impressed with how they listened to our thougs and opinions with open ears.

• Up is Down

Yes as I was saying earlier they were very open to our ideas and that made me happy at least they were listening.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast