Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting Since 1992

Re: I experienced one of the first Dreams! [Year Of A Million Dreams - Soft Opening]

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes as I was saying earlier they were very open to our ideas and that made me happy at least they were listening.
    I love your avatar. Woot! Did you take a look at all those new HP pics? Can't wait for the movie, as my friend and I agree, "Dumbledore's Army looks bad ***".

Back to the thread.

• n/a

Re: I experienced one of the first Dreams! [Year Of A Million Dreams - Soft Opening]

Though I do agree that this is a craptastic "dream." On the other hand it's looking a gift horse in the mouth. It's getting a perk for free and complaining. I hope you guys were at least grateful for the attempt (as lame as it was). I am glad you were honest with them, hopefully that will lead to some better "dreams."

Also for someone who doesn't go to the park often, that's a GREAT "dream." They'll see everybody else cramped and crowded and just think how wonderful it is. We've been spoiled folks, we've been spoiled.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I guess Disney is willing to make your dreams come true by giving you a "priority area" that they can't sell.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

That's actually my usual spot to view Fantasmic!—it's in front of a water screen and you don't have to arrive early. That being said, however, if this was my "dream prize", I'd feel gypped—how is this anything special? I can claim that spot on my own (or at least, I could before this started).

To make this prize special, they should offer either: A) a centered view; B) no waiting; C) dessert...or any combination thereof.

Kinda odd idea for a dream, considering a lot of folks randomly selected might not want to see the show, might not be staying (hours later?) for the show, and might have a lot of trouble finding an area like that considering how confusing all the waving lights, roped areas, and whatnot already are in that area before Fantasmic. I know I would...

Nice report Sadako.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Exclamation Re: I experienced one of the first Dreams! [Year Of A Million Dreams - Soft Opening]

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    A look from the back at the Dream Squad costume:

(White Shirt, Blue pants, Pin Lanyard)
    Actually, that's just the temporary costume. When it comes in, the final costume will have the "Where Dreams Come True" logo either on the back of the shirt or on a vest that will go over the shirt... so it'll look a little bit more tied into the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    - Rope off the front of the bridge, creating only a single row along which Dream winners can stand comfortably without anybody being stuck behind a taller person or someone with children.
    What would happen if *gasp* someone with children won?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    I love your avatar. Woot! Did you take a look at all those new HP pics? Can't wait for the movie, as my friend and I agree, "Dumbledore's Army looks bad ***".

Back to the thread.

Yes I saw them all and laughed they are so cool! Back to what we are talking about.... Kids that are short would not be able to see real well without being on a parents shoulders which in turn will block the people behind them from viewing it.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Good ideas by all.

If they want you to see the backside of Fantasmic!, then why not take them behind the scenes of Fantasmic! ? Maybe have them dress as a monkey for the trippy neon sequence and have them dance around! There's so much potential for interesting and unique things to go on here.

Beggars can't be choosy! Sounds like they're trying really hard so give them credit. There not thinking of AP's. They could probably care less about them. They are obvious targeting the families that save up all year just to make a week of it. TDA is listening, but by rubbing micechat.com in there face doesn't impress them at all. I would find it really frustrating to have someone critiquing me that much. Think about what people from out of town think before you speak.

• Up is Down

We are thinking about those who only come once in awhile. That has been my whole arguement about this place they had us.... I was there and for me it was cool to see all of the side stuff but for the once in awhile tourist it is not a good show you can see things that ruin the magic of the show so in putting people in that spot they are giving them a bad show. Thats all i am saying.

Until I had seen Fantasmic many times, it never really mattered where I was, and even now I try to see all the magic wherever I sit. And you know if I was there for the first time ever, or first time in a long time and got the chance to have a VIP section to a show like Fantasmic I would not care where I was, just that I am there.
    And, I think in order for TDA to really listen to you. As with most people it is more effective if you don't rub it in their faces..
    The vibe in this post was actually hostile almost from who started it.
    In my opinion.

• Mexihick, y'all

To be given the opportunity to take a crap on a golden throne would be more than suffice, IMO. Disney is doing something extremely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMinnie View Post
    The vibe in this post was actually hostile almost from who started it.
    In my opinion.

I agree sounded like "someone" was on their high horse.

• Up is Down

I do not feel anyone is trying to rub anything in anyones face but, we told the lady that night that it is a really cool thing. I think it would be rad to win that again but as viewing spots go it is not really the best and she even admitted she had never seen the show from that side so she did not know. Everything that has been posted here from those that were there was told to the Dream squad manager and she thanked us and told us our comments were helpful in the testing stage.... I think in the end it is great that they will offer something like this but.... some people may not like the fact that their kid might not be able to A. see the whole show in its best view and B. The kid migh have to be on the parents shoulders. I think if they do something like this it should be for a very few people a day and they should get seats that would solve the problem of the standing spots.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast