Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Her Royal Highness, Sleeping Beauty Castle

So since the castle's been revealed with all of it's crowns and bunting, what do you all think?

Personally for me, I like the fact that you can still see the castle versus the Cupcake'd Castle in FL for its 25th.

• Practically Perfect

I agree...at least it's not a cupcake...I actually think they did a very good job on it

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    pictures?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Rainicorn.

Looks fantastic from the pictures I've seen. Can't wait to go in May/June and check everything out with my boyfriend.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Have a Magical Day

Its really magnificent in person. I'm impressed!

• Santa Barbara, CA

It's better than the birthday cake alternatives in the past, but having said that, it looks like it wears more bling than 2 Pac and has just as much class.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• That's Hawt

What's that I hear??? Its A Railroad Crossing Bling Bling Bling Bling Bling Bling!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Thumbs up

From the pictures I am seeing it looks great. Not as trashy or tawdry as people originally said it would look after looking at the concept artwork. I can't wait until July to see it in person and judge for myself.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Have a Magical Day

Sadly I couldn't get a clear view of the castle- and the only picture I got is a picture of the screen and the castle is on the screen. But from what I saw I think the castle looks great! I was expecting something gaudy and ugly... Nope- it was nice!

http://www.stagesdream.com/50th/P5050105.JPG (look at the screen on the right- you can kinda see the crowns and stuff)

• Rainicorn.

Beautiful.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

here's a picture for ya

and the sun was actually out yesterday!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Simply incredible!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Social Imagineer

So much better than the concept art made me fear. It's really rather beautiful, and not nearly as tacky bling bling as I thought it might be.

I love the gold "netting" on some of the peaks, and the crowns are really quite pretty.

Does anybody know the significance of each crown. I've heard everything from that they each represent one of the original lands to that they each stand for one of the 5 decades so far. Anyone know the real deal and, if so, which crown is what???

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    SoDoes anybody know the significance of each crown. I've heard everything from that they each represent one of the original lands to that they each stand for one of the 5 decades so far. Anyone know the real deal and, if so, which crown is what???
    from the press release...

Tiara One: The creation of Disneyland is represented by a pair of famous “Ears’ peeking up over the horizon to see the wonders to come.
    Tiara Two: “A World on the Move,” otherwise known as the “New Tomorrowland” of 1967, is represented by rocket ships and accented by opalescent planets.
    Tiara Three: The beautiful Blue Fairy represents the debut of the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade.
    Tiara Four: The Indiana Jones Adventure is represented by the evil Eye of Mara, guarded by mesmerizing snakes.
    Tiara Five: The 50th Anniversary of Disneyland is represented by fireworks and Tinker Bell.

They really are AMAZING upclose and you can see tinkerbell and the blue fairy and such when you zoom in on digital pictures

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

OMG, the drawbrige area is PACKED!

The castle turned out really well in my opinion. Nice "50th touches" but not too over the top. I like it.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast