Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Buttons for Next Year!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I went to Disneyland yesterday with my boyfriend for his birthday. Of course, we had to get him his birthday sticker...unfortunately, the sticker wasn't really holding up.

We got the sticker first thing when we got into the park, and then went on Space Mountain. When our rocket came back to dock, my boyfriend realized that his sticker had flown off So, we went back to City Hall for another one.

The second one was just barely staying on. Finally I decided to ask a few CMs if they possibly had a safety pin, and a nice lady in Pieces of Eight gave us one to hold it on his shirt. We walked out into the courtyard to fasten it on-another CM was standing there, looking bemused. We started a conversation, and she told us some interesting news. Apparently, due to the hassle of the stickers staying on, the resort will have buttons next year (yes yes I know you can get them in the hotel, but those are only birthday buttons and are only available there). From what she told us, there will not only be birthday buttons, but just married, first trip, and anniversary (and possibly more) as well, all available within the park! They apparently should be available hopefully in January.

I know, a bunch of you will probably say "Oh a CM told you, that's just a rumor, they don't know what they're talking about"-but I have high hopes that this is true and I look forward to January
    Well........I believe you. I mean, it can't cost all that much you know?

My wife and I (and the baby) are going on Friday, December 1 - it's my <gulp> 35th birthday.

We went to WDW for our honeymoon last October and they gave us buttons that said "Just Married" and it had a pic of Minnie and Mickey in their wedding attire. It did say WDW.

If this is the same button then it is really cool.
    Kungaloosh!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

My wife and I (and the baby) are going on Friday, December 1 - it's my <gulp> 35th birthday.
    Discalimer: I am not saying babies and small children should not go to DL. This is a global response to a post - not an attack on any one person or on anyone's parenting skills.

Consider that this is cold and flu season and your baby will be less than 2 months old and unimmunized for pertussis (whooping cough). Just suggesting that one considers the risks involved in taking a very little one out in crowds before they have had a chance to "grow" an immune system during cold, flu, and whooping cough season.
    Minnietoo

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Smile Re: Buttons for Next Year!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

From what she told us, there will not only be birthday buttons, but just married, first trip, and anniversary (and possibly more) as well, all available within the park! They apparently should be available hopefully in January.

Can you get anniversary stickers now? Neat!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Genteel Amphibian

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I have never seen any one with an "Honorary Citizen" sticker are these randomly given out, or are they bestowed?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Can you get anniversary stickers now? Neat!
    No no, there's no such thing at the park

The buttons for the occasion will come out soon, though.

EagleWings, there are many reasons why people can have issues with stickers, as this thread proves. I bought my boyfriend a Big Bad Wolf bowling shirt for his birthday, and he wore it to the park...the adhesive just didn't want to stick to the material. It stayed better on the name part with the thread, but it was still coming off. Hence why we needed a safety pin. Not all fabrics are the same, you know.
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 09-27-2006 at 09:33 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, I had no problem with my birthday sticker.
    but buttons siound awesome.
    Hope this is true!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Keep that Zebra safe...

I love the idea of buttons instead of stickers, though I have to say stickers are nice for scrapbooking. This is one situation where I would be pleased with either (or both >.>). Yay for not just celebrating birthdays though!

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

As a CM, I can confirm that the info posted about the new buttons is true. However, I don't know whether or not they will last past the YOAMD. My inclination is that they will, though.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

So, what does an anniversary sticker do? Is it just a "look at us, we're celebrating" type thing? DO we get a dozen 'tillas at the factory?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

I don't know that I like the idea of a button. That means making holes in my clothes.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I for one like this idea. My sticker stayed on my shirt, but 2 little kids...the stickers came off by lunchtime. And this way, we can save them. Stickers usually wind up in the trash
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

I've got birthday buttons it's not the big of an excitement. You can get them all over the resort..

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I've got birthday buttons it's not the big of an excitement.
    It is if you're a 6 or 4 year old.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

But the majority of people on this board are adults.. and they're giddy about buttons because they couldn't keep a sticker on? Man I love this place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast