Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Re: Rainforest Cafe or Blue Bayou?

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Seriously, Story Teller! Does anybody else recommend this restaurant. It's alot fancier and classier than Rainforest!
    Love it! We had Christmas dinner there this past year and the food (buffet) was really good (the best holiday dinner we have had in a resturant) and the service was fantastic.

We went this past month for a Chip n Dale breakfast and our waitress Maria was excellent - she even called us by name - and Chef Ralph came out and helped me pick out my food (special diet and he was able to tell me what was in each thing I asked about) - and CnD were so cute!(but you didn't ask about the character interaction )

I like BB for being quiet and a nice place to relax - I think the food is good. However the Cafe Orleans has just as good food. Rainforest has good food but is very noisy and crowded -so I don't find it relaxing.

There are several other good resturants to choose from. CHeck this out: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/dining.htm
    Minnietoo

• It's all nonsense

I'd take BB over rainforest cafe any day. Rainforest cafe is just chain place with tacky theming. Even thought you'll pay a little more, I think it's worth it.

I think someone mentioned Storytellers above. I dined there a few weeks ago and let me tell you that I loved it. The atmosphere is way nicer than RC and the price isn't as much as BB. Very good stuff.

• I meant to do that.

I would go to neither, and go to Granville's in Disneyland Hotel. But, I like a good steak. Storyteller would be my next choice, followed by ESPN.

• I'm not really here

My wife and I have been to RainForest Cafe's in multiple states now and have had slow service, cold entree's and other problems at all of them. I'm certain they aren't all that way, but so far we have not been impressed with them at all. We've never left feeling that it was money well spent at all. Definitely BB over RF. If you're going to do it though, get as early a spot as you can and when you show up, request waterside seating. If you have an early time slot it is easier to get that. It's worth it for the added atmosphere.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The Duck Rules

Go here to see the menus and see who has food you like and prices you can afford.

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

My choices (not in any order):

Storytellers
    Ralph Brennan's
    Granvilles
    Hook's
    Vineyard Room at DCA
    Napa Rose

Hope this helps.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

• NvrGrowUp's Princess Sis!

I have never had a good experience at Rainforest, so I would recommend BB if you are picking between the two. The last time I tried to eat at Rainforest, in fact, no server ever came to my table and after 45 minutes we left.

I do recommend Storytellers - fabulous service (ask for Jason), good food, reasonable price. If you are looking for a nicer restaurant _ Napa Rose is a good choice, but my favorite is the Vineyard Room in CA. There you can go the really expensive route with wine, appetizers, and dessert, or the cheaper route of main dish, dessert, and soda =o) It is a great place for a relaxing memorable dinner.

• Hooterville, USA

Do 'em both!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ev'thing is satisfactual

I can go to a Rain Forest just about anywhere, but there is only one BB.
    It's a unique Disney experience.

I also like judimouse's suggestions, there are some great places to eat there.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    My wife and I have been to RainForest Cafe's in multiple states now and have had slow service, cold entree's and other problems at all of them. I'm certain they aren't all that way, but so far we have not been impressed with them at all. We've never left feeling that it was money well spent at all. Definitely BB over RF. If you're going to do it though, get as early a spot as you can and when you show up, request waterside seating. If you have an early time slot it is easier to get that. It's worth it for the added atmosphere.
    Id have to agree. Ive been to a couple RF and was completely unimpressed with every one. The atmosphere is neat, but not worth having bad service and mediocre food. Ive only been to BB once and loved every second of it. Even with it being very crowded, our service was wonderful and the food was awesome.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• That Guy

I would also like to add, it's a bad sign that more emphasis is placed on their tacky gift store, then on service, quality or customer relations. I almost laughed out loud seeing all that chintzy crap for sale, it was worse junk then the circus...

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Seriously, Story Teller! Does anybody else recommend this restaurant. It's alot fancier and classier than Rainforest!
    I went to Storyteller for my birthday and it was great. The buffet is quite pricey though.

As for Rainforest vs. Blue Bayou, I've never eaten at BB and I've always wanted to put the prices are steep. I've been to Rainforest and although it's a nice place to look around, I was disappointed by the food. I had some sort of crab cake wrap or sandwich and it was gross!! I ate the potato chips that came with it but left the rest of it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Another vote for Ralph Brennan's here. Rainforest is fun the first couple of times, but if you want to be able to talk to your dining companions, it's not happening there. It is so, so loud inside.

If you have little kids in your group, do Rainforest. If not, go somewhere else.
    A signature should go here.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Blue Bayou over Rainforest Cafe ANYDAY.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Banned User

so some one tell me what this is?
    Jungle Fever
    Spicy Bloody Mary mix and Absolut Vodka blended with our secret seasonings.
    “Dip a Chip!” topped with our famous Kettle Chips
    $6.99

is this a bloody mary with chips and salsa?? or what??

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

First, EXCELLENT site Judimouse ! ! ! !

Here are a couple other ideas:
    -For a fun family style meal, eat at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel
    -For a fancy meal, eat at Catal in Downtown Disney.

I am crazy about Catal. The service can sometimes be a bit slow, but when they are in their element, it is really great!

Quote Originally Posted by judimouse View Post
    Go here to see the menus and see who has food you like and prices you can afford.

My choices (not in any order):

Storytellers
    Ralph Brennan's
    Granvilles
    Hook's
    Vineyard Room at DCA
    Napa Rose

Hope this helps.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast