Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Talking Re: Rainforest Cafe or Blue Bayou?

I have eaten at the RFC in Downtown Disney and at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Both times I was disappointed in everything from service to food quality. The ambiance was not all that it's cracked up to be.
    The last time I was in Disneyland I ate at the BB twice, I had the prime rib both times and both times everything was great. Be sure to ask for water side dining it's definatly worth the wait.

• Senior Minion

Re: Rainforest Cafe or Blue Bayou?

If it comes down to the two you have here, I would choose Blue Bayou, the service is better, and the ambiance as you know. But outside those two I would go with Granville's or Napa Rose.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 09-27-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• 1375 miles away

My vote would be Blue Bayou.

I was disappointed with the RFC. The food was marginal, the service was very slow, the place was dirty -- garbage on the floor, sticky tables & menus. The gift store merchandise is generic. The concept of the place is fantastic but, it just isn't done well. However, I do think you should at least try the place for the experience. It's not terribly expensive.

The Blue Bayou I love. I don't get to go to DL that often and eating at the BB is always fun. Ask for a table by the water for the best ambiance because that is THE reason for going there.

I know the food gets a lot of criticism but it was actually and surprisingly quite good the last time we were there (Dec. 05). Five years ago, it was so-so, ten plus years ago it truly was awful. Don't look at the prices and enjoy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I've eaten at both, and the Blue Bayou has an atmosphere that's incredible and romantic and hard to beat, as well as amazing food. I've had both bad food, and really bad service, at the Rainforest Cafe, so I have to say, in my opinion, it's Blue Bayou all the way.

When is your birthday by the way?
    I'm turning 20 on January 19th (I know I'm planning really early but I saw some clips of Rainforest Cafe and got all hyped ^_^). Btw, Frogberto-you make some excellent threads, I really enjoy reading them

My boyfriend's and my anniversary is in December, and I was thinking of probably going to the Blue Bayou then, considering it's romantic atmosphere, and we've been dying to have a full meal thewre since the refurb. The food also looks excellent, and of course you all know I love PotC. Being college students, however, money is going to be a bit of an issue *cringes*

Rainforest Cafe doesn't seem to be favored much here lol. I saw a short clip that had an AA elephant and the thunderstorms-I absolutely love exotic things and nature, so it looked like it might be up my alley. Perhaps it'd be an ideal dessert place? Could I do that? I know Blue Bayou lets you come just for dessert...I'm just obsessed with lava cake. The atmosphere looks fun.

For my birthday trip it's probably going to be me, my boyfriend, and two other friends...don't want it to be a huge group after last year. My friends would be young as well and would be a bit more budget constricted I imagine-I wouldn't be able to pay for their dinners.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    First, EXCELLENT site Judimouse ! ! ! !
    I totally agree Dustysage. I have been using Judimouse's site for the last month or so to get ideas of where to eat while I am at DL in Nov.
    For those of you still planning take a look at Judimouse's site. It is very useful and handy.

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/

• Fish Food

I have been to Blue Bayou a few times and Rainforest Cafe once in DTD and a few times here in the Dallas area. For me, the food at Blue Bayou has been up and down - mostly up lately. For me nothing beats that smell of POTC and the atmosphere there. Rainforest Cafe is just OK for me. The food is average at best - the atmosphere is interesting the first time. If you don't want to go to the Blue Bayou, I agree with those who touted Ralph Brennan's. The food there was miles better than both Blue Bayou and Rainforest and live jazz is always fun. Wherever you go, have a wonderful birthday!!

• Oh my Goodness!

I would go for the BB personally. BUt I guess it depends on the kind of atmosphere you want. Have fun wherever you go!!

• Minion FOREVER!

I've been to both several times. I would definitely go with BB over RFC (at least
    the one at DTD). Personally, I like the RFC at the Animal Kingdom better.

Completely agree with Judimouse's list and Dusty's comments re: her website.
    It really is one of the best for DL Food info.

I would also like to add Yamabuki which is about to re-open (tomorrow?). The previous
    incarnation was quite good IMHO.

If I had a choice of all the restaurants in DLR, I would personally choose Napa Rose.
    Storytellers if with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    IMHO, Rainforest Cafe is a total trainwreck. The food sucks, the service is a disaster and the ambiance is annoying. I HIGHLY reccomend eating somewhere else.
    I couldn't agree more.

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

Here is the definitive Rain Forest Cafe Experience.....

You approach the restaraunt and become excited because it looks really cool from the outside. You walk in and get taken to your table. You are totally mezmerized by the intricate aquarium system they have, you spend a couple of minutes like a deer in headlights looking at all of the animals, trees, decor, etc. Then, when your senses are near overwhelmed, a thunderstorm comes about with lightning rain, etc. The animals are spooked--the gorilla beats his chest and the monkeys go crazy.

After about a minute though, you become desensitized and start noticing how cheesy everything is compared to Disneyland. Then you look at your menu and are equally amazed at how lame the food choices are. You order you food and an hour and a half later, the bad-attitude server brings you your mini-portion meal. Yyou realize that whatever it was that you ordered, you could've made better at home with what is currently in your fridge--You take a bite and this confirms your previous thought. If you can ever track your server down you order a smoothie or dessert to try to salvage your experience. By this time, the thunderstorms have now made you manic depressive, ADHD, szchizo, and psycho all at the same time. Every half-baked animitronic motion is like a knife in the chest. The dessert comes 45 minutes later with the bill. You pay your $425 for your sandwhich and dessert and walk out of there vowing to never come back.

INMHO---Blue Bayou for dinner...Rainforest Cafe for dessert (or just a walkthrough later) just so you can experience it....but only once.

• The Duck Rules

[quote=nish221;976100]

I would also like to add Yamabuki which is about to re-open (tomorrow?). The previousincarnation was quite good IMHO.

quote]

I checked on Yamabuki's last Friday and was told that the week before there was no flooring in the restaurant. Guest Services also told me that they did not think it would open until early October.

Will be checking tomorrow for progress on the opening.

Thanks for all the nice comments about my website.

Good news is I am moving to Anaheim in October so I will be able to keep the website more up to date.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234