Thread: DL essay help

Question DL essay help

Hi everyone!

I’m writing an essay on Disneyland for my Sophomore English class and I’m looking for some help. If anyone has any experiences and/or opinions to share dealing with the prompts below, I would love to hear from you.

1) As a guest, how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
    2) As a Cast Member how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
    3) Do you see any correlation between the change in admission prices and any change in the “Disney Experience”?

I know that issues related to these have popped up on the boards, but I think it would standardize my research somewhat to have direct responses to these questions.

Thanks in advance!

• Keep that Zebra safe...

Re: DL essay help

I actually wrote papers on Disney for every subject imaginable all through highschool it makes all those tedious essays MUCH more fun

1.) As a guest I feel the Disney Experience has declined slightly I used to have a wonderful time interacting with other guests and cast members, but in the last few years there have been fewer 'magical moments'
    2.) I can't answer that one since I'm not a CM but in my talks with Cast Members in Disneyland (for an essay no less ) I heard a lot of Cast Members saying they didn't feel as if they were 'cared' for or 'noticed', I do think however that the 'Year of a Million Dreams' may help revive some spirits (I hope!)
    3.) The prices keep going up no matter how happy/unhappy people seem to be...I guess thats just the economy of things.

I would love to see your essay when your done, and good luck!

(Disney applies to everything!)

Disneyland Visits - 264
    DCA Visits - 52
    and counting...

• I'm Flying High

I'd love to help. I just did a report on Florida which meant WDW!
    1. A definite change to the Disney Experience is the major advertisement of the 50th anniversary for the last two years. There are more attractions but some of the Cast Members (none of the ones on MiceChat aren't helpful and fun) are less friendly and outgoing than they were let's say than in the very early 90s.
    2. Cast Members seem to have less benefits and less pay than they should, and as was said, some don't feel cared for. I think the excitement in "participating in the magic" has declined for some cast members, and it shows.
    3. As soon as new attractions were added in and old ones were refurbished, attendance sky-rocketed, and right around the same time prices sky-rocket as well. I don't think it's a coincidence. Disney knows guest well enough to figure out how much they'll be willing to pay.
    The daydream princess

• That Guy

If you really want to collect some good data, you may consider asking a series of specific questions and have respondents use a liekart scale (a scale of 1-5, for example)

That way you can obtain data, rate it, and use it and sound like a pro.

Best of luck to you!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by blubayou33 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I’m writing an essay on Disneyland for my Sophomore English class and I’m looking for some help. If anyone has any experiences and/or opinions to share dealing with the prompts below, I would love to hear from you.

2) As a Cast Member how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
    3) Do you see any correlation between the change in admission prices and any change in the “Disney Experience”?

I know that issues related to these have popped up on the boards, but I think it would standardize my research somewhat to have direct responses to these questions.

Thanks in advance!
    Hm m m, if I was your teacher I wouldn't consider this very strong evidence for your arguement. Your source is clearly biased and this is by no ways scientific in nature - you need to find some published data that can be cited and substantiated. Then you can add some public opinion that supports and refutes your stronger data. Of course, you may be doing that already - and just didn't say.

If you want these opinions to be stronger - your resondents need to include specific examples to support their anwers.

Good luck and keep working on this - if you are passionate about a topic - your paper will be that much better and more fun to write.
    Minnietoo

This really isn't a hard-and-fast reasearch paper; it's actually based on the concerns or fears of a particular community. Even as an ex-CM I'm split on the resonsibility that Disney has to its guests and CMs, so I'd like to hear many opinions!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by blubayou33 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

I can only answer this one, but It has grown with all of the promotions going on with the new attractions and shows in those promotions.

• Minion

I think the thing that was a real standout change for me, was when the ticket books went away. Being from the ticket era, the concept of just going all over the park and riding attractions multiple times, was just awesome!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

I don't think the price changes correlate with the events that I, as a guest, feel have changed Disneyland over the past 5-10 years. The number one change in my Disney experience, was the 1998 destruction of Tomorrowland. Also significant was the 50th anniversary spruce-up because I was beginning to think the park was getting a bit shabby. I don't remember if there was a significant price change when the Disneyland Resort was debuted, or if it's possible to accurately gauge that with the switch to single park/park hopper admission, but I do believe the expansion greatly affected my Disney experience for the better.

I hope this helps your paper. One of my daughters (eighth grader) incorporated Disneyland in to most of her assignments too. I love reading them.