Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Disneyland after closure

Folks, I have always been curious about Disneyland... after closure. Once the last person leaves a land.... not even the exit yet, do armies of workers come out? Some are maintenace, others are ride inspectors, what happens? How long does it take to clean the park? I mean, just putting up the walls around areas under construction must take all night.

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: Disneyland after closure

I was in the park after hours for a special event before and they had a bunch of workers power washing the streets and sidewalks and emptying trash containers. I did not see any ride inspections going on.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

how about restocking the stores?

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I didn't see any of that going on either but I wasn't really paying attention to that.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• n/a

The official Disneyland Podcast just did a short video podcast about this. Go download @ itunes
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• I'm not really here

Here's a link to the Disneyland Podcast video:
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ageGold&bhcp=1

Well worth the watch. Quite amazing how much work goes into that park every single night.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

I would imagine a bunch of Oompa Loolmpas come out whistling and breaking out in random dance numbers throughout the night while working. And when the sun peaks over the trees in the East, the Oompa's in their squeely voices, warn each other to seek cover before the guests come.....and then they all go down in the manholes and file Workers' Comp. and EDD claims.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    I would imagine a bunch of Oompa Loolmpas come out whistling and breaking out in random dance numbers throughout the night while working. And when the sun peaks over the trees in the East, the Oompa's in their squeely voices, warn each other to seek cover before the guests come.....and then they all go down in the manholes and file Workers' Comp. and EDD claims.

• NvrGrowUp's Princess Sis!

Smile Re: Disneyland after closure

I worked there back in the late 90's - so this may not be relevant anymore. But I worked closings the most - and mostly Critter Country. I loved walking the park after closure. The only people I really saw out other than other CM's making their way back to Costuming/Harbor House/home, was the CM's with the pressure washers. They wash down the pavement every night.

I never really saw any repairs, improvements, etc. Occassionally there would be trucks on main street - although I never saw what exactly they were doing.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but that is my recollection....

Here is a thread from a few months back.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23890

It asked about the mornings before the park opened, but a lot of closing infor was also discussed.

BTW, Great Pod Cast Video. I think I know one of the "hosers" (wearing the safety vest). If it who I think it is, I worked with him back in the mid 90's.

• Banned User

People water plants, sweep streets, clean ride vehicles, etc when the public leaves.

• Minion

Several years ago I was at the front gate at 3:30 am, and there were many landscapers, and painters entering the park, and working out front also. They were replacing wilted flowers with fresh.
    We taped it, they all said good morning, and the music was already playing! It was so cool.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Basking in birthday love

The music's always playing. Seriously. I don't really mind, or even notice, because I think walking down Main Street without music would be the creepiest thing ever.

When I worked in the mid 90's there were a few times when they changed the Main St music to a local rock radio station. It was "interesting" to say the least.

They turn off the ride music in most cases.

On the Podcast link posted about, right after that little girl says, "The characters to to sleep" They show a guy riding on a gray zambonie type thing. That's used to help dry the streets after they are hosed down. It sucks up the water and then is emptied out backstage.

I always hated it when they filmed at night. We had to finish the area they were filming in first and then stay away from it. It was really a pain sometimes....

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    Once the last person leaves the store, or even before the last person leaves, CMs are cleaning up and restocking the areas. In places like Star Trader, they work for an hour after the last person leaves, or just a little after park closing. People on Main Street, or in stores like the Emporium, stay for 1-2 hours to cleaning up, restocking. Most of the people already working there (regular stores CMs and Stock people) remain for a few extra hours, so no Oompa Lumpas are needed...

Music does stay on at night for Main Street and the Esplanade, but anywhere else in the park is pretty dead and quiet. Most of the lights are dimmed too, as many of the lights are not shining like they do during normal park hours (ex. Space Mountain lights on the building are off AND DCA Paradise Pier attraction lights remain off).

Once the last person leaves, there is a 15 minute gap to when the real workers come to work, meaning horticulture workers, and janitorial services. They are the ones who spray down the park with water everyday to make it all clean for the next opening of the park. Sometimes they do major work very shortly after the last person leaves, such as tear up Main Street for some reason or another. In another case, work on the Subs continues extremely shortly after the last person leaves Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast