Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Six Flags Dreams bigger than Disney?

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060927/nyw047.html?.v=96

>>NEW YORK, Sept. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX - News) today announced "Dream Nite," an industry first that will give six lucky winners at each park the party of a lifetime as they host an exclusive night at their park, and invite up to 100 of their friends and family to celebrate with them.

For one extraordinary night, Dream Nite winners and their guests will have the park all to themselves! They'll live out their theme park fantasies, from the world's best thrill and family rides to dining with the Looney Tunes and Justice League characters, riding in the Six Flags parade, watching their very own customized fireworks show and -- best of all -- no lines and completely free of charge!

All 2007 Six Flags season pass holders are automatically entered to win.
    "We know that everyone -- kids, teenagers and parents -- have dreamed about all they would do if they had a whole Six Flags park to themselves for a night," said Mark Shapiro, Six Flags President and CEO. "Dream Nite will make this fantasy a reality for a lucky six guests in each of our parks. Our guests know that a Six Flags season pass is already a tremendous value and Dream Nite will be our special thank you to our most loyal guests."

When Six Flags guests purchase and activate a 2007 season pass, they will be automatically entered to win their Dream Nite. The promotion begins online at midnight tonight and runs through Memorial Day, Monday May 28, 2007. The lucky winners will be chosen in a drawing in July 2007, and the Dream Nite parties will take place in September 2007 at the 16 Six Flags parks listed below.<<

...So did Six Flags trump Disney's skimpy "dreams" or what? Nice prize!

• I meant to do that.

Re: Six Flags Dreams bigger than Disney?

Now THATS a Dream!

This can be more easily accomodated at a Six Flags park, as they're not open every day of the year as Disney parks are.

• Banned User

So... where will their Dream suite be located at? The top of Superman ride's tower?

What a view!!!!

•   
    • Minion

I am not surprised, not surprised in the least... Rasselo, you just got butt whooped from a guy from ESPN!

And more over, they are going to mount this "dream" marketing campaign so that you, Rasselo, will now be advertising for them...

Brava, Shapiro...
    Check out my other blog:

• It's all nonsense

The DVC prizes alone are probably worth more.

• Hooterville, USA

That's a great way to treat APers.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

This sounds like an awesome prize, but lets face it......How many rides would actually be open at Magic Mountian??????

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    This sounds like an awesome prize, but lets face it......How many rides would actually be open at Magic Mountian??????
    Thank you for your LA centricism... My read of it is that this promotion is system wide...
    Check out my other blog:

Participating Six Flags parks include LaRonde, The Great Escape, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Darien Lake, Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari, Six Flags America, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, Six Flags Marine World and Six Flags Mexico.
    &#160;

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    Thank you for your LA centricism... My read of it is that this promotion is system wide...
    I figured it was a company wide promotion, but my closest six flags park is Marine World, which last time I visited, made Magic Mountain look like a well kept place.

• Banned User

Six flags is copying Disney. But even if Six Flags gives lifetime passes to all its guests. Disney will still beat them in a way.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Funny.. a copy-cat campaign gets applauded. I think it goes to show the level of creativity of the organization

Too bad there are only 6 winners for each park (approx 180 total) There are more then double that winners in the Castle Suite give-away alone, etc.

It would be fun, but it certainly isn't all that unique. Companies rent out parks all the time and not too uncommon to go on limited audience nights either.

Good for them to try to drive AP sales but down on the copy-cat cheeze marketing.

•   
    • Minion

Here is the thing... Shapiro's plan is for Six Flags to be "Disney Lite" - A regional theme park that can offer Disney-like theme park experiances at a fraction of the price.

Co-opting promotional plans is a part of the strategy... It seeks to get people to say, "Why go to a Disney Park this year, when you can get a seasons pass to a park that is closer and have "your dreams come true" for a fraction of the cost?"

It is a good strategy... And has been used in other industries...

Oh, and Marine World is open weekends year round this year... In some ways they have to be operating anyway as you can't send Animal employees home for a Winter Holiday...

---

Pardon my cranky mood this morning...
    Check out my other blog:

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I personally would rather win the Disney Vacation Club membership. That is not just a one day event. Even the Grand Marshall World Tour- where you get to visit all of the parks and be Grand Marshall in all of the "Kingdom" parks would be a better prize. I mean it's Six Flag's how good could it be?
    Foolish Mortal

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast