Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mexihick, y'all

Disneyland Hotel

I'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel tomorrow night, and it will be the first time for my husband. Any secrets of the hotel you wouldn't mind sharing? Any great places to sit and watch things? Anything you particularly like there?

Thanks!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel tomorrow night, and it will be the first time for my husband. Any secrets of the hotel you wouldn't mind sharing? Any great places to sit and watch things? Anything you particularly like there?

Thanks!
    Which tower are you in? Sierra? Marina? Bonita?

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Which tower are you in? Sierra? Marina? Bonita?
    I'm not quite sure yet, I'll find out tomorrow when we get there! (Around 2pm).

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Hotel

I'm not quite sure yet, I'll find out tomorrow when we get there! (Around 2pm).
    I would call today and ask to reserve a room in a certain tower.

1. In the Sierra tower, it is nice to look out to Downtown Disney - and make sure you are 'up high enough' to enjoy the view and the bands - throw open the ceiling to floor windows and enjoy.

2. If you stay in the Marina or Bonita tower, you might want to request an 'interior' view - of the pools or waterfalls - otherwise you'll get views of parking lots.

Just an FYI.

• Mexihick, y'all

I would call today and ask to reserve a room in a certain tower.

1. In the Sierra tower, it is nice to look out to Downtown Disney - and make sure you are 'up high enough' to enjoy the view and the bands - throw open the ceiling to floor windows and enjoy.

2. If you stay in the Marina or Bonita tower, you might want to request an 'interior' view - of the pools or waterfalls - otherwise you'll get views of parking lots.

Just an FYI.

Very nice suggestions! I'll ask.

Did they get rid of the nice water area by the bar? I remember it being very peaceful and "woodsy" back there.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Very nice suggestions! I'll ask.

Did they get rid of the nice water area by the bar? I remember it being very peaceful and "woodsy" back there.
    Yes. I did love the Marina. They had those paddle boats and those were so fun. I remember years ago watching little 'Hawaiian Type Bands" playing on little rafts in the evening when the torches would be lit. Very quaint.

I still love the waterfalls by the Bonita tower, though. They are AWESOME! But be careful - - you can easily slip and fall. I've done that before too.

• Mexihick, y'all

- you can easily slip and fall. I've done that before too.

LAWSUIT!!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

LAWSUIT!!!
    HA - yeah. But I didn't get hurt...it was funny. I was running and shouldn't have been.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Have a Neverland Tea at the Lost Bar. And don't forget the infamous Lost Bar Nachos :thumpup:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Have a Neverland Tea at the Lost Bar. And don't forget the infamous Lost Bar Nachos :thumpup:
    Do they still have the Fantasy Waters in the far corner near the Bonita Tower and the Waterfalls? I haven't seen that in ages upon ages.

• Mexihick, y'all

What time does that snack shop place close? I remember last time I was there I had a cheeseburger/fries at like midnight.

My friends and I love taking advantage of the hotel swimming pools and it's been quite warm out here the past few days!

Another thing that we do is go into the Grand California Hotel and just hang out by the big fireplaces. There's one inside and there is also one right outside. We just hang out and talk.

• Mexihick, y'all

You guys use the pool and don't stay there? Don't they have some sort of system to stop that?

• Popular Princess

Do they still have the Fantasy Waters in the far corner near the Bonita Tower and the Waterfalls? I haven't seen that in ages upon ages.
    fantasy waters is gone. just a gigantic planter box now

anywayz, my suggestion, go find the little jungle cruise boats! (last i checked they are still there)

also, walk through the waterfall area. it is so quiet and peaceful. it is my fave area at the hotel!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

What time does that snack shop place close? I remember last time I was there I had a cheeseburger/fries at like midnight.
    The snack shop (Croc's Bits 'n' Bites) closes at about 10:00, I think, but all of their menu items can be purchased at the Lost Bar after that (until 2:00am, I think).

Sadly, this has gone the way of the Marina. It's been gone for a couple of years. They had retained some of the workings as a regular fountain, but now that isn't even running.

I'd like to suggest you try the cove pools area. I prefer it to the Neverland Pool.

Also, I'm concerned that they might be planning to change that area. One of the cove pools is never filled to the proper level and thus the skimmer isn't working properly, leaving lots of bugs and debris on the surface. It was like that in July, and they hadn't fixed it by when we were there last week. I'm afraid they don't plan to fix it, but just get rid of it.
    Has anyone any information on this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast