Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• =)

Indy Queue Blueprints

Hey, all. I was wondering if anyone's ever seen blueprints, schematics, or any other sort of map of the Indiana Jones queue. I've done my best to map it out, but there are some parts that puzzle me. Does anyone have access to any of these? Thanks!

Re: Indy Queue Blueprints

A map of the queue was made as part of the theming of the queue itself. If you look in Indy's office in the queue you will see it. I found it on the internet, it's also in the book The Architecture of Reassurance: Designing Disney's Theme Parks. It's a fictional interpretation, but it was based on the actual design of the queue.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    A map of the queue was made as part of the theming of the queue itself. If you look in Indy's office in the queue you will see it. I found it on the internet, it's also in the book The Architecture of Reassurance: Designing Disney's Theme Parks. It's a fictional interpretation, but it was based on the actual design of the queue.
    My friend pointed that out to me last time I was there. It's very detailed.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• =)

I never knew that before...can anyone point to the site where it can be found? I'd go see it for myself in the park, but distance and cost are a bit of an issue.

I'd also be interested to see a to-scale map that includes the Jungle Cruise river, the Indy show building, and the adjacent Pirates show buildings.

What I really need is unlimited backstage access to all of Disneyland...

Exclamation Re: Indy Queue Blueprints

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'd also be interested to see a to-scale map that includes the Jungle Cruise river, the Indy show building, and the adjacent Pirates show buildings.
    I hope most of you are smart enough to not just provide this info, he can find it out some other way...

I care about security, although I know a lot don't.
    -Wes

I think the goal here is to see where the queue and Jungle Cruise line up. I'm certainly interested everytime I go through the line.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    I hope most of you are smart enough to not just provide this info, he can find it out some other way...

I care about security, although I know a lot don't.
    You make it sound as if I'm about to enter the park with explosives and detonate Indy! If my budget and schedule allowed me to go to Disneyland in the first place, I could answer these questions myself simply by keeping track of the direction changes and relative distances in the queue. If I didn't care about security, I'd just go waltzing through those off-limits doors and figure it out for myself.

I've seen many more "dangerous" questions answered on these boards, with no foul play resulting in the park. When people start asking about methods of sneaking backstage without getting caught, then you can be worried. But idle curiosity about the layouts of various rides is nothing new and nothing to be concerned about. Besides, if I "can find it out some other way," why withhold information I'm about to find somewhere else? (I haven't been able to find this information anywhere else, by the way. I generally only ask things on forums if I'm led to believe the information is otherwise unavailable.)

I also don't like being spoken about as if I'm not there.

• U. B. Bold

There is a very detailed and interesting map of the entire attraction at Disney Experience: http://www.disneyexperience.com/paper2.html. Just download the wallpaper and there you go.

Thanks Trader Sam!
    Last edited by BigThunder; 09-29-2006 at 07:08 AM.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    There is a very detailed and interesting map of the entire attraction at Disney Experience: http://www,disneyexperience.com/paper2.html. Just download the wallpaper and there you go.
    That link isn't working for me. Anyone else have luck with it?

A good way to see how things line up is to pull up Disneyland on Google Maps or Google Earth and just look at things. I will tell you that they are all VERY close to one another. I would even go as far as to say that Pirates and the Indy Queue share a wall at one point.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• U. B. Bold

^Sorry, my bad. Try it now.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• I'm not really here

Love it! Thanks! That ones getting on my bookmarks.

That Maynard Wallpaper rocks!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

There is a very detailed and interesting map of the entire attraction at Disney Experience: http://www.disneyexperience.com/paper2.html. Just download the wallpaper and there you go.

Thanks Trader Sam!
    That was actually available at the Indiana Jones shop in Adventureland as a fold-out map during the first year or two after Indy opened. They haven't had them for sale in a very long time.

• A New Kind Of Villain

There is a very detailed and interesting map of the entire attraction at Disney Experience: http://www.disneyexperience.com/paper2.html. Just download the wallpaper and there you go,
    Do you know if there's a higher resolution version of that map? I'd love to read all the details, but it gets too fuzzy if I zoom in.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Thank you so much!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Do you know if there's a higher resolution version of that map? I'd love to read all the details, but it gets too fuzzy if I zoom in.

Same here.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast