Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

I am PAP, and boy the discounts on merchandise add up quick! And free parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I don't know. My poor college budget doesn't allow for a premium pass at the mo'. I'd feel bad using my entire savings on a PAP... ahhh..

Question: should I just go on the 17th to get my AP like Tom Chaney suggest? I'm weary because the AP pass line was CRAZY on the 5th? I expect just as long of a line on the real 50th... HELP!
    You buy your AP at the ticket booth in the entrance plaza. They give you a temporary AP that will get you into the park and can be used in FastPass machines. You can then go to the AP center in the park at your leisure to get your "permanent" AP. (Frankly, I don't know what happens if you don't go at all that day... we've just always toughed out the line.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Rainicorn.

Thanks, Tom. I'm probably going to get my So Cal one when I go later on this month, though. I'd rather eliminate one line on the 17th (cause you know they're going to be nutsoid.)
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    We just convinced ourselves that we really should be there July 17th... then noticed that APs are blocked out that day.
    I have an annual pass. I'm not blocked out that day.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

No AP on the 17th?......No problem!

Here is one way to look at it... If you have to pay the extra to get a ticket on July 17, Do you have ANY idea what a cool souvenir having a ticket stamped from that day will be? and who knows, in 10 years it might pay for your AP for the 60th, if you sell it on E-Bay

• Junior Senior

I think this is more a bow to practicality than to greed...if all the APs could get in on the 17th, the park would be full before it opened. It's a Sunday in July, which would be busy no matter what. I mean, I'm sure Disney doesn't have a problem with making money off AP holders, but I don't think that's their primary aim in blocking out the day.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I have an annual pass. I'm not blocked out that day.
    Premium one?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Here is one way to look at it... If you have to pay the extra to get a ticket on July 17, Do you have ANY idea what a cool souvenir having a ticket stamped from that day will be? and who knows, in 10 years it might pay for your AP for the 60th, if you sell it on E-Bay
    Or just get this "50TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE TICKET"

And it's only $125.00!!

--J.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

We just convinced ourselves that we really should be there July 17th... then noticed that APs are blocked out that day.
    Don't feel too bad...all regular cast member sign-ins (blue AND silver passes) are blocked out starting the 16th, so if I'm not working, I'll have to either buy my way in or use a bi-annual comp!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Lovin' Life!

If you are going to have an AP ... you might as well have the Premium...the free parking alone (at $10. a pop) is well worth it! We're going to spend it anyway!!!

By the way, does anyone actually know what mechandise is "limited edition" and what isn't....I'm not planning to purchase everything...but, I'm thinking if I'm interested in something that is limited, I should focus on that first.... inquiring minds would like to know....
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

• CM for 4 years!

I just bought a Deluxe pass with parking. I wished about two weeks ago that I had purchased the premium... but now I'm a cast member, and I get better discounts than PAPs!!

• Rock Star Minion

OK... I guess they want paying customers and fat profits but still... it just seems wrong. Turn away your most loyal fans on the most important day? :confused:

I'll probably pay the upgrade to get in but as a guy who carries a Disneyland card in his back pocket every day, I wish I felt more special.
    I think it's blocked out for the same types of APs every year, not just this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12