Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Private Party at Disneyland and a terrible Michael the Bird!

Does anybody know whose private party is being held at Disneyland tonight? They were setting up as if it were one of those big Lindsay Lohan parties.

One last note i went into the Tiki Room today and i noticed that the audio was not in sync with the mouth movements of michael the bird. has this been a reoccuring problem that others have seen? i thought it was pretty sad and it was not in the shape that it has been in the last couple of months.

Re: A Private Party at Disneyland and a terrible Michael the Bird!

Oh no! I hope they fix him by december. My hubbie and son have been practicing singing the Tiki room song. . over and over and over. My husband has never seen it (and since my son has never been, he hasn't either) and they are both looking forward to it! I don't imagine it would make a huge difference if one bird was off but I want it to be perfect for them!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46 View Post
    ...Does anybody know whose private party is being held at Disneyland tonight? ....
    i was wondering the same thing

does anyone known?

• A New Kind Of Villain

It was for the "Quest for the Gold" contest finalists. I took a bunch of pics and video of the pirates out on the Columbia doing a sound check. I'll have them up shortly.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Basking in birthday love

Hmm, I haven't noticed Michael acting up... I'll keep my eye on him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    It was for the "Quest for the Gold" contest finalists. I took a bunch of pics and video of the pirates out on the Columbia doing a sound check. I'll have them up shortly.

For those of us totally not in the know, what the heck is (or was) the "Quest For The Gold" contest?? Was this some Disney contest?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    For those of us totally not in the know, what the heck is (or was) the "Quest For The Gold" contest?? Was this some Disney contest?
    Yes

Official Rules
    FINAL APPROVED AND FILED
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
    1. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The "Disneyland Quest for Gold" Double-Tier Game of Chance ("Game") begins on Monday, May 1, 2006 and ends on Thursday, September 28, 2006 ("Game Period"). The Game will consist of two (2) phases. During the first phase ("Qualifying Phase"), prize packages to attend the "Quest for Gold" Event ("Event") at Disneyland® Park will be awarded to no more than 1,700 eligible participants through a combination of local, regional, national and international promotions. The second phase ("Final Round") of the Game will be executed during the Event and open only to Qualifying Round winners.
    http://adestinations.disney.go.com/m...qfg/index.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Had something to do with radio station contests and a few other media sources, then folks got scratchers or raffle tickets or something when they came in I believe, and a few were in the chance for $50,000 at some event in NOS. I could be wrong on any of those things, and at least one is pretty much just an assumption.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Posting photos as I type.... (thanks to Linda from LP who won a radio contest for the pass)

Basically they had about 400 winners from selected contests, all who won 4 tickets plus in most cases, a hotel stay with plane tickets to Disneyland, and an invite to the contest.

Then when they checked in, they got a scratch off ticket to find about 20 winners that got to participate in the "finals".

The 20 got to ride the Columbia at 10:45 PM, the first round was a particular medallion, that each was given. About 10 folks got the winning medallion, second round was picking a "Jewel" from a bag, 3 folks found a winning jewel. Then they grabbed "mugs" of ale, each had a number on the bottom, which told them where to stand... Number 3 was the lucky one, as they unveiled the "flag" hung on the mast of the Columbia showed the winner....

Fun night, as only around 1,700 folks were in the park.... I grabbed my tripod and got some GREAT shots.....

(also got to ride HMH, since they opened it to the Quest guests....)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

IF I'm not mistaken our very own Migo here on MC was one of the lucky winners!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I was one of the winners from the Kodak promotion there were 1,700 winners from all promotions and depending on the promotion you were allowed to bring 1 or 3 guests. It was a great night lots of fun and the sneak peak of the Haunted Mansion was awesome. As a winner in the Kodak one we received 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel, (4) 4 day park hoppers, ground transportation and airplane tickets as well as the Mickey pirate ear hats and $80 in food vouchers. Wasn't one of the finalists but all 4 of us had a great time. We fly home tonight after we spend our final day today at the parks.
    Last edited by dizneydogs; 09-29-2006 at 07:35 AM.

• Banned User

What is this "Quest for the gold"?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    What is this "Quest for the gold"?
    It was a Disneyland Marketing program.

Disney contacted Radio and TV stations (and some other companies, such as Kodak) and offered prizes in return for free commercials and mentions.

Most Radio stations got 5 prizes which consisted of free airfare, hotel and tickets to Disneyland for 4 folks, and a chance for the "Grand" prize.

Last night they gathered all the winners and allowed them into the park as a private event from 9 PM to 1 AM, and held the final contest that found the one lucky person that got $50,000.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

How come none of us heard of this quest before?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    How come none of us heard of this quest before?
    Well...some of us heard about it via the various advertising and media coverage. And there were at least 2 threads on the subject right here in the Disneyland forum going back to when the promotion first started.

So I don't know why none of you heard about it before. Perhaps it's because you never heard about it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast