Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Pie > Cake

Re: Where does everyone park?

I Always try to park in the Lion King lot but if they redirect me to Mickey & Friends, I just drive past the parking attendant and find a spot closest to the escalators. =)
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

AP.....so Mickey & Friends
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• OM NOM NOM

Mickey and Friends for me, but man, do I hate getting stuck in 1K!

I'll park at Downtown Disney if I know I'll only be there for a couple hours.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Chip & Dale or Pinocchio lots.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    I don't like this... I have friends who are snakes and I feel by you saying weird, you are implying they are weird. (but my friends are weird, nevermind)

very clever!!

Keep up the good work.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Where does everyone park?

In the parking structure.
    It sounds horrible, but I have been bringing a set of my old crutches with me in the car.

A couple of years ago, I had sprained my foot, and while I didn't have handicapped parking, I showed the parking attendant that I had crutches and asked if I could park closer to the handicapped area. So, he obliged me and I did - VERY close.

So, now since the wife is prego, I have prepared myself to say the same thing so we can park close to alleviate a long walk for her to the tram. I take the crutches with me. But, both times we did it need them, as there was NO attendant and it was 'free for all' and we parked where we wanted.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    In the parking structure.
    It sounds horrible, but I have been bringing a set of my old crutches with me in the car.

A couple of years ago, I had sprained my foot, and while I didn't have handicapped parking, I showed the parking attendant that I had crutches and asked if I could park closer to the handicapped area. So, he obliged me and I did - VERY close.

So, now since the wife is prego, I have prepared myself to say the same thing so we can park close to alleviate a long walk for her to the tram. I take the crutches with me. But, both times we did it need them, as there was NO attendant and it was 'free for all' and we parked where we wanted.
    It doesn't sound horrible, it IS horrible. Many places have expectant Mommy parking so there is no need to lie.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for stealing handicapped spaces, even if you think you can justify it. It sounds like she needs to be on bedrest. Anyways, I thought she couldn't walk that much anyways because of the contractions?

Temporary handicapped permits are easy enough to get from a doctor if there is a true medical need. I know you feel justified because of your wife's condition, but how would you feel if some a-hole blocks the ambulance bay with his trailer at the hospital because he felt his medical emergency justified it. When your preggo wife is in the ambulance behind him and can't get the service she needs, then you will know why it is wrong.

Sorry, this just struck me as a very poor attitude and practice.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    So, now since the wife is prego,.
    Your wife is pregnant? I never knew! Congratulations!

Whip out those cigars old boy!

Oh, and I'd have to agree with DQ on this one. Stealing handicapped spots is in bad form.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

FWIW, I didn't read that message as saying that Disneyland Daddy used the DP parking, but instead was allowed to park right next to that area. Did I miss something?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

No, you didn't, but faking an injury to get a closer space is still dishonest. The truth would probably get the same response and its not at all sleezy.

I guess I am a little mystified as to why it matters where you park since you have to walk all over the place once the tram drops you off.......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, just so you all know I am not stealing handicapped spots. I never said that. And I haven't had to fake an injury yet - and you're right, probably should tell them "Hey, wife is pregnant and prefers not to walk too far - can we park closer?" I'm sure they would allow that.

But FOR the record - I don't steal handicapped parking spots...I just ask to park near the handicapped spots for her sake. Besides, I'd get a ticket if I parked in the handicapped zone - hello?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Where does everyone park?

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    It doesn't sound horrible, it IS horrible. Many places have expectant Mommy parking so there is no need to lie.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for stealing handicapped spaces, even if you think you can justify it. It sounds like she needs to be on bedrest. Anyways, I thought she couldn't walk that much anyways because of the contractions?

Temporary handicapped permits are easy enough to get from a doctor if there is a true medical need. I know you feel justified because of your wife's condition, but how would you feel if some a-hole blocks the ambulance bay with his trailer at the hospital because he felt his medical emergency justified it. When your preggo wife is in the ambulance behind him and can't get the service she needs, then you will know why it is wrong.

Sorry, this just struck me as a very poor attitude and practice.
    I think you might have mis-read what I composed. I ask to park NEARER to handicapped area - I would never ever steal a handicapped parking spot - NEVER. That is totally wrong.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Im just wondering, as dramaqueen asked, if your wife is pregnant....and its hard for her to walk far, why is she going to the park?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Im just wondering, as dramaqueen asked, if your wife is pregnant....and its hard for her to walk far, why is she going to the park?
    Excellent question. She's been on maternity leave since beginning of September. She's bored out of her mind at times......and she likes to go out to dinner and get on a 'slow ride'. Last Friday Night we went to Downtown Disney to Anne Geddes Store to get this Blue Bunny outfit that she wants the baby to wear for Halloween. He'll be 13 days old on Halloween, but whatever. She was all excited to get this thing. The week before, she wanted to go and just walk around and get on a slow ride - so we did - we walked to get on It's a Small World.....looked in stores and went home. We at at Rainforest both times.

We are going this Sunday to get a watch for my Aunt for her birthday next week. I'm a bit concerned about this trip since she's actually 9 months pregnant now......I told her maybe she should stay home and I'll go get the watch, but she wants to go - and UCI Medical Center isn't far from Disneyland.....and I don't want to leave her alone either.

So, when we've gone....it's just for short periods so she has sort of a different thing to do and get out of the house. We might stay all of an hour and a half....but it's still fun.

But good question. Thanks for asking - I'm sure others wondered as well.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I was just curious. Ive been pregnant twice, and for me at least, by my 9th month I didnt want to do anything but have the baby. Walking ANYWHERE was a chore for me.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast