Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I was just curious. Ive been pregnant twice, and for me at least, by my 9th month I didnt want to do anything but have the baby. Walking ANYWHERE was a chore for me.
    That's how it has been this week for her. Which keeps me on pins and needles all the time - thinking she's going into labor or something.

    This might sound horrible, but I suggested to her that for the only sake of getting my Aunts gift, that we use my late Grandmother's wheelchair. Does that sound morbid? If Grandma was alive, she'd be more than happy to let us use it - she'd say "Yes Mijo - take it."

    So, I'll have to see.

  2. #32

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    I"m curious Disneyland Daddy, but haven't you been posting, repeatedly, that you are not visiting the park and have not been visiting the park because your wife has been advised to not by her dr? In fact, in a recent meet thread you posted that she had been placed practically on bedrest due to numerous false labor scares and that is why you haven't been able to participate in meets. Now you're posting that you've been going the park and will go again this weekend. Color me confused



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  3. #33

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I"m curious Disneyland Daddy, but haven't you been posting, repeatedly, that you are not visiting the park and have not been visiting the park because your wife has been advised to not by her dr? In fact, in a recent meet thread you posted that she had been placed practically on bedrest due to numerous false labor scares and that is why you haven't been able to participate in meets. Now you're posting that you've been going the park and will go again this weekend. Color me confused
    Meets occur in the day - HOT - which causes her swelling.

    Meets are probably longer than an hour - I assume, but maybe not - she can't do more than an hour.

    1 pre-term labor scare On August 30- but from her inactivity during the week now and way less stress life, she's doing much better and can go and walk around for an hour or so. Dr. does say that walking is still good for her.

    First time we went to 'go get on a ride' and have dinner at 7pm - she just had to get out of the house and do something fun.

    Second time we went to Downtown Disney to get an outfit for the baby @ Anne Geddes and have dinner.

    This Sunday - we are going to watch store on Main Street to get a watch for my Aunt that she expressed interest in for her 50th next Friday.

    That will probably be the LAST time we go before the baby is born. Fact of the matter is - whenever we USED to go, it was for hour on end - but now it's for VERY short times.....and usually at sunset or after so she's not in the heat.

    Thanks for asking. I hope this cures your confusion.

  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    374

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Is it possible to stay on topic at all...?

  5. #35

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    It just didn't make sense to me, since when I asked you why your wife was unable to walk in one thread and you responded that she was suffering from pre-term labor and had been told to curtail all activity, then in another thread you were talking about going to DTD with your wife, and this was within a two day span.

    Seeing posts that don't add up like that usually catch my atteniton. It's a mod thing I guess.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  6. #36

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    Is it possible to stay on topic at all...?
    I see you are new to the board, Welcome to Mice Chat.

    As in a face to face conversation, sometimes topic tend to veer off topic. They generally make their way back to the topic at hand relatively quickly.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  7. #37

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Talking Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    It just didn't make sense to me, since when I asked you why your wife was unable to walk in one thread and you responded that she was suffering from pre-term labor and had been told to curtail all activity, then in another thread you were talking about going to DTD with your wife, and this was within a two day span.

    Seeing posts that don't add up like that usually catch my atteniton. It's a mod thing I guess.
    That's cool. I guess what is read can seem more 'intense' than it is. In all actuality, if she went into labor on Sunday at Disneyland, it would actually be better in the sense of time because it's like 3 miles from the Hospital - versus 25 from our house.

    Thank you for your concern, though. Yeah, she has a hard time walking....she gets worn out, but she still goes grocery shopping when she needs too, and such.

    It could also be me - I'm totally on pins and needles - Doc told her to sleep on her left side so I wake periodically to make sure she is....and then when she wakes to go to the bathroom, I make sure she's ok......can't help it. It's the first kids and I'm on edge I guess.

    I apologize if you feel I mislead you in any way. But I've already asked her about the meets and she says they sound fun, but would have to do them later.

    So hopefully in the coming months all three of us will be at one.

  8. #38

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    That's cool. I guess what is read can seem more 'intense' than it is. In all actuality, if she went into labor on Sunday at Disneyland, it would actually be better in the sense of time because it's like 3 miles from the Hospital - versus 25 from our house.
    If you think about it, and she went into labor at Disneyland...and you actually tried to get out of the park, get back to your car which is in Mickey and Friends (see? back on topic), then drive to the hospital.....it would take the same amt of time, if not more to get to there.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a shop on Main Street
    Posts
    1,924

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    That's cool. I guess what is read can seem more 'intense' than it is. In all actuality, if she went into labor on Sunday at Disneyland, it would actually be better in the sense of time because it's like 3 miles from the Hospital - versus 25 from our house.

    Thank you for your concern, though. Yeah, she has a hard time walking....she gets worn out, but she still goes grocery shopping when she needs too, and such.

    It could also be me - I'm totally on pins and needles - Doc told her to sleep on her left side so I wake periodically to make sure she is....and then when she wakes to go to the bathroom, I make sure she's ok......can't help it. It's the first kids and I'm on edge I guess.

    I apologize if you feel I mislead you in any way. But I've already asked her about the meets and she says they sound fun, but would have to do them later.

    So hopefully in the coming months all three of us will be at one.
    You sound like my husband did with our first! He usually thought things were more serious than what they really were. I had pre-term labor but I was still okay to do stuff. I just had to be able to sit if I needed to. I did all the grocery shopping all the way up to our son was born. Last time was two days before he was born. She'll be okay DisneylandDaddy! Hang in there! Good luck!

    Okay....I'm done changing the topic.....

  10. #40

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    374

    Smile Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I see you are new to the board, Welcome to Mice Chat.

    As in a face to face conversation, sometimes topic tend to veer off topic. They generally make their way back to the topic at hand relatively quickly.
    Okay, that's fine. And thanks for the welcome!

  11. #41

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

    This might sound horrible...
    Just a helpful observation.

    When you start a sentence with;

    "This might sound horrible...."

    -or-

    "This might sound terrible"

    You are probably correct. Maybe consider replacing the "might sound" with "Is". It will save you tons of time!

    Keep on Truckin!




  12. #42

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    Is it possible to stay on topic at all...?



    Perhaps you were looking for the MENSA message board, here is that link: (Those guys ALWAYS stay on topic)
    http://www.mensa.org/

    I think you'll find that while original threads will curve to the left or right, often times the side info is really good stuff.

    Welcome to MC!




  13. #43

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    If you think about it, and she went into labor at Disneyland...and you actually tried to get out of the park, get back to your car which is in Mickey and Friends (see? back on topic), then drive to the hospital.....it would take the same amt of time, if not more to get to there.
    Wouldn't they give us an escort back to where we parked?

  14. #44

    • That Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wizard Sleeve
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    ^ I bet you could at least get a golf-cart ride back to your car. That should be no problem.




  15. #45

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Where does everyone park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Wouldn't they give us an escort back to where we parked?
    I would hope so. And some kind of escort to the hospital. Or you can have fun driving around in the M&F parking lot at (see, im winking)
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Can't decide: Best Western Park Place Inn, Park Vue Inn or Desert Inn and Suites
    By harleysmom in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
  2. [Chat] What defines a Disneyland park vs. a Disney park?
    By Uncle Bob in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. My Newest RCT3 park, Jurassic Park
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
  4. HK Ocean Park vs Disney Theme Park in Mainland China ??
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
  5. the park meets do many other boards meet on Sundays in the park to?
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 09:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •