Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Where does everyone park?

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    It doesn't sound horrible, it IS horrible. Many places have expectant Mommy parking so there is no need to lie.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for stealing handicapped spaces, even if you think you can justify it. It sounds like she needs to be on bedrest. Anyways, I thought she couldn't walk that much anyways because of the contractions?

Temporary handicapped permits are easy enough to get from a doctor if there is a true medical need. I know you feel justified because of your wife's condition, but how would you feel if some a-hole blocks the ambulance bay with his trailer at the hospital because he felt his medical emergency justified it. When your preggo wife is in the ambulance behind him and can't get the service she needs, then you will know why it is wrong.

Sorry, this just struck me as a very poor attitude and practice.

I have to agree. If it's so serious you have to LIE about being disabled to get better parking for her so she doesn't have to walk, isn't that time to consider staying home?

What does that one book say about lying...you know, the one with Jesus and all the stories about floods and whales? Oh, right, The Bible. What would Jesus do in this situation?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Back to the subject of parking ... where is parking lot K?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think it's ironic that Disneyland Daddy was the last person to tell us where he parked. But now that we're on a new topic for awhile....speaking as one who has a wife who actually has handicapped plates and really needs them, I'm not sure I see what the fuss is about with DLD showing his crutches to park closer or telling the attendant he has a prego wife who will have trouble walking far. Remmember...the FIRST time he showed his crutches, he actually had a sprained ankle. As long as he isn't actually parking in those spaces marked as handicapped, I think ANYONE with an injury or who is in their last trimester should be able to park in a closer space or lot when available. When you consider the alternative might be parking in Lion King or in the back 40 on the top level of M & F, he should definitely say SOMETHING before being instructed to park in the next county. I don't think DLD realized that they would actually be willing to accomodate his wife without using the crutches as a prop. He was just looking out for his wife.

And...on yet another topic...if it's their first baby, you KNOW they're going to haul buns to the delivery room and end up waiting for another 12 to 24 hours. I was so panicked with our #2 that I put our hazards on and drove much of the East bound 91 freeway on the shoulder. "Man with pregnant wife...coming through!" Now...I COULD have obeyed the traffic laws, but I don't know nuthin about birthin no babies, and I had to make it all the way to Kaiser on Lakeview from Downey at 4pm on a weekday. All of that craziness and the baby didn't come until 6 am the next morning.

But if her water breaks WHILE at Disneyland...hmmm. How many babies have been delivered at Disneyland? And imagine the attitude that kid will have when he becomes an AP. ("WHY should you let me into club 33? I was BORN here, sonny!")

Veering even further off topic, it is very tempting at times, when driving my wife's van, to park in a handicapped spot without her in the car. I almost did it yesterday when I knew I would only be at the school for two minutes. But I sucked it up, found other parking only to return and find two other people parked in handicapped without placards waiting for their kids. Whenever I get the chance, I will drop my wife off first, and then go and find parking NOT in handicapped if I know she won't have to walk back to the car.

All of this to say, I think DLD's heart is in the right place. Maybe he bent the truth with the crutches thing, but he didn't park in handicapped, and he was only trying to get his wife in closer so she wouldn't have to take a major hike. So I give props to DLD, and wish him the best with their upcoming delivery. Keep us posted, DLD!

Oh....and I park in Pinocchio now whenever I'm with my wife, thanks to feedback from Micechat. But on my Wednesday morning walk around both parks, it's Downtown Disney for me.

(Maybe DLD should park in Pinocchio the next time he brings his crutches. heh....)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

DLD is just being a 1st time dad. It's expected to be kinda'... what's the word- "fun"?

My dad got a parking ticket and car towed the day I was born. As a med student he parked in ambulance parking when I was being born (1st child here) and they towed his car. My dad had to explain to the judge the whole story and showed pictures of me (I guess I was cute. I was just a big head as a baby), and the judge let him off without having to pay the fine. Dad also got a NICE speeding ticket in Tennessee or Kentucky 2 weeks before I was born (Mom thought she was going into labor and my dad was in Ohio. He got back to San Fran in less than 2 days). First time dads are allowed to be crazy, so don't get all hard on DLD. Parking is just... ey in grand scheme.

I park whereever I can. M&F but if the ramp is really packed and there are thousands of cars on it, I get really panicked (drive stick, not well), and I get a near panic attack as I am on it, so typically I decide on the ramp I am in no way in the mood to go to Disneyland and when I get to the CM I tell them I am leaving, then by the time I get to the exit sign the panic subsides and I am trapped so I just find the first availaible spot. Typically in the back of rows 8-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Back to the subject of parking ... where is parking lot K?
    K Lot a Cast Member lot, and is to the north of the Pongo Lot, which itself is to the north of the Buzz Lightyear lot.
    http://maps.google.com/?q=Disneyland...h&om=1&iwloc=A

• Dreams do come true

Staying off topic, I was at DL a few years ago and there was a baby delivered there

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Where does everyone park?

I have to report what I did.

Wife and I went to Downtown Disney on Saturday Night - about 7pm. Went to World of Disney exclusively and that was all - on the hunt for a gift for my Aunt. Didn't find what we wanted, so the hunt continues.

But this is the "HONEST" part of it all. I didn't take crutches with me in hopes to park close. When we got to the attendant I asked her, "Miss, is it possible for us to park closer? My wife is very pregnant and wishes not to walk too far to the escalator. Would that be alright?" The attendant was MORE than happy to oblige us and said, "Please, go right ahead and find a space wherever you can. Have a nice time."

So, honesty pays off! Thanks to all of you for your constructive criticism AND understanding! I did the right thing, and good things came out of it!

Have a good day all!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234