Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou

I'm planning to go to DL on my birthday in November. I've already made reservations for a character breakfast and early dinner at Blue Bayou. But, I've gotten mixed reviews from people about the new menu/service. What do you guys think of the new Blue Bayou? Thanks!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Re: Blue Bayou

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
    I'm planning to go to DL on my birthday in November. I've already made reservations for a character breakfast and early dinner at Blue Bayou. But, I've gotten mixed reviews from people about the new menu/service. What do you guys think of the new Blue Bayou? Thanks!

If you have never been - you have to eat here at least once. The food and service are very good. THe atmoshere is great. The prices a little high - but its a treat!

http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm
    Minnietoo

• Minion

i went there about 3 times before the refurb and twice after and its great

i reccommend it

• I'm not really here

We've been both before and after the refurb and we love it still. Prices went up but they include side dishes with the entree now. Food is excellent, atmosphere is amazing (especially if you request water). We've never had a problem with service there. Always quick and friendly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

having gone before and after the refurb i have to stay its still definantly a place we HAVE to eat at once during our trips....i can't wait to try the crab legs in a couple of weeks, they looked FABBO when we were there in august

dont' forget to ask for your water table!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    having gone before and after the refurb i have to stay its still definantly a place we HAVE to eat at once during our trips....i can't wait to try the crab legs in a couple of weeks, they looked FABBO when we were there in august

dont' forget to ask for your water table!
    I'd beware of the Blue Bayou's crab legs if I were you. When I went there with BandOfGypsies; we found a little surprise inside the crab legs:

Yes, that's right, a huge chunk of plastic inside the legs... apparently it happens often too according to the waitress; because they use the plastic to cook them and apparently they sometimes forget to remove it. Bad show for a supposedly high class restaurant. Especially for the price they ask for the crab legs.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Yeah, if you've never been, go...but sit by the water. Hubster and I went for din-din just after they reopened and were not impressed. The food was okay and the service was questionable. It's been quite a while since I've been wowed by the Bayou. When we want in-park, fine dining, we go to the Vineyard room. We are always wowed there.

• A spoonful of sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    I'd beware of the Blue Bayou's crab legs if I were you. Yes, that's right, a huge chunk of plastic inside the legs...
    that's pretty ick.
    Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Thanks guys! We have priority sitting reservation, can I call them back and ask for a water table or do I do that when we get there? And how long will the wait be?

By the way, good thing I don't like crab legs!

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
    Thanks guys! We have priority sitting reservation, can I call them back and ask for a water table or do I do that when we get there? And how long will the wait be?

By the way, good thing I don't like crab legs!

I recommend that you show up about 15 to 20 minutes before the priority seating time and tell them you would like a table by the water. I've tried to ask for a table by the water over the phone before and I was told to do it in person when I got there.

If you're in the mood for dessert try The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat. But don't try to eat the white sail that comes with it.... I speak from experience.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I went there frequently for lunch and got the Montecristo Sandwich.......and we always split it so we didn't over stuff ourselves. But now they have raised the price and now they have a 'plate splitting fee' and it's just ridiculous.

We might endeavor to go there for dessert or something, but we are quite disappointed with this new 'fee'.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    We might endeavor to go there for dessert or something, but we are quite disappointed with this new 'fee'.

As am I! Is there a chance they'll lower their lunch menu prices???

No?

Yeah I didn't think so....

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    As am I! Is there a chance they'll lower their lunch menu prices???

No?

Yeah I didn't think so....
    My wife and I would have paid the higher price. It was the 'plate splitting fee' that made me really mad. So we haven't eaten there basically on principle.

• Minion FOREVER!

We've been there a several times over the years and once after the latest refurb.
    I'm pretty much going to echo what every one has said.

* Good to Excellent Food. Depends on what you order
    * Overall good service (although I had one waiter who was not good; fortunately,
    he went on break and the guy who replaced him was excellent)
    * I actually haven't liked their monte christo for the last decade, but it is
    now quite good (not as greasy; better ingredients).
    * Definitely ask for a table close to the water. (BTW. I don't like the tables right NEXT
    to the water though... it feels too close to the people on the boats. :-).
    * The new desserts are quite yummy.

Hope that you have a great time!

• n/a

Plate splitting is a fairly common practice. I was peeved that the BB was going to charge $5 until I found out that my work charges about $8 for it.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast