Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Is it me or does the music seem like take they took out of storage? To me I feels like it came out of the early 70's.

Yikes! i'm glad the Anaheim fairy's don't have those masks.

there will be two additional and new parades soon, so in a few weeks there will be three different parades during the day...until the debut of Parade of Dreams

thank you for the pics, Issac. have you had a chance to see Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness yet? a group of us from the office got a special performance tuesday morning and it is very fun. look for Scottie...he's cute

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

"Mickey Mouse, our shining star!"

The Cavalcade will actually close February 10th. It's more or less a placeholder until the second of the three new "Character Celebrations" (which will be really nice) get up and running.

The thing to remember here, guys, is that it's SUPPOSED to be really short. A cavalcade by definition (well, at least Disney's definition) is a really really short, simple parade to see passing down the street. During rehearsals, we were actually told it was a bit too long so some of the lineup was tweaked ot make it pass a little quicker.

Yes, the music is recycled... It's the opening number from the old "One Man's Dream" show that ran in Videopolis in the early 1990s, which is why it sounds so different. But I personally like it, since it's exactly the upbeat, bright-sounding kind of music we should have all the time, you know?

And Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather have been face characters since the Very Merry Christmas Parade way back when... and we're the only place to do so. They're still heads everywhere else.

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Thanks for the info TweedlDum9. I agree that it is good the music upbeat but I find it a bit annoying. Perhaps it is just my taste differ from the norm.

P.S. From one newbie to another: Welcome!
    Last edited by College Zoo; 01-27-2005 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Forgot something ;)

• Queen of Randomness

I don't know where I would be if I didn't have your continuous pictures of Disneyland. This is the site for the most up to date pictures that I have been able to find. Thank you a bunch for all your work.

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

The pictures are wonderful Isaac. Thanks for sharing!

Question: Will the Splash Mountain Fastpass machines be moved to where WTP's used to be after the rehab? I heard they were thinking of moving them there, but in the pictures the machines are still right outside the Mansion exit. Does anyone know more about this?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    The Fastpass machines for Splash Mountain have already replaced the old WTP Fastpass machines. I think this change occured in the late summer or fall.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Newbie.

Issac, speaking for those of us who are stuck in the middle of the USA and thus thousands of miles away from Disney, thanks for the awesome pics...you make me feel like I'm there now. I really appreciate it. =)

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    The Fastpass machines for Splash Mountain have already replaced the old WTP Fastpass machines. I think this change occured in the late summer or fall.
    Ok thanks. I had wondered about that when I saw the Standby entrance sign in the same place as it was.

On a similar note, does anybody know if they're going to be taking down any more Fastpass machines? I thought they were talking about taking down Star Tours' this Spring. Does anyone know more?
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

• I Hug My Tapirs

I finally saw the the Cavalcade yesterday afternoon. Thought it was cute - an acceptable filler for a parade. And it had Aladdin, which is a redeeming quality. Although I have to admit, I laughed through the whole thing. "The 80's called! They want their mini-parade back!"
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    WOAH... Have Flora Fauna and Merryweather always been face characters at Disneyland? In WDW they look COMPLETELY different... and they are not face characters. That's so weird!

Its the awesome actresses in California and the talent also the good weather , Disneyland tends to use more face characters whenever they can because of the wide acting which means beautiful faces everwhere, its nice to acually be able to talk and converse with a face character than a head who cant talk. But your still good! Some cases i guess its good to have goofy a head , i hope no-one looks that goofy!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    "The 80's called! They want their mini-parade back!"
    Naw, the little wristbands bring it up to at least 1990...

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by TweedlDum9
    Naw, the little wristbands bring it up to at least 1990...
    Oh, true. My bad.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy95
    Ok thanks. I had wondered about that when I saw the Standby entrance sign in the same place as it was.

On a similar note, does anybody know if they're going to be taking down any more Fastpass machines? I thought they were talking about taking down Star Tours' this Spring. Does anyone know more?
    Anytime. It can be confusing with how quickly changes have been taking place around DL.

The park schedule we looked at yesterday stated that the Star Tours FP was indeed no longer available. I wonder how long it will take them to clear out the FP machines. Increased walking paths in TL would be a good thing.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast