Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

April 1st???

Quote Originally Posted by Indy95
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)
    Does anyone know if this will happen again? Or if it has happened before? I am planning a trip for 4/1/05. Other than a few special event "April Fools Day" pins what else might I expect?

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Anytime. It can be confusing with how quickly changes have been taking place around DL.

The park schedule we looked at yesterday stated that the Star Tours FP was indeed no longer available. I wonder how long it will take them to clear out the FP machines. Increased walking paths in TL would be a good thing.

No kidding the Cast is just as confused with the construction walls! A hod dog cart was trying to get to the backstage by going through the walkway between the mad hatter and tea party and there was walls all around both buildings and she had that look going on like what! this was open yesterday! so she had to backwalk her cart while people were comming out the exit of Alice, poor cast member! Its insaine how fast things change at the resort now-a-days!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    Does anyone know if this will happen again? Or if it has happened before? I am planning a trip for 4/1/05. Other than a few special event "April Fools Day" pins what else might I expect?
    Errr.. the "trivia" that Indy95 posted isn't true... it's from a site called DisneyLies.com which just kinda listed a bunch of stuff that would've been REALLY funny if the DLR actually did it. Sorry to burst your bubble!

• Minion

No bubble bursted here. That is good news, my girlfriend will be happy to see Fantasmic with out any funny business. THANKS NERDEUS.

• Sock Puppet

That parade looks really sad. It looks like they threw it together 5 minutes before they went up Main Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    That parade looks really sad. It looks like they threw it together 5 minutes before they went up Main Street.
    that could be because it's not a parade.

it's a cavalcade. *shrugs*

• Sock Puppet

Whatever. There's dancing, Disney characters, and a float.

• Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    You have to understand that a good parade takes TIME to construct. The Entertainment Department were told that they couldn't pass floats through Matterhorn Way only about a little more than a month and a half ago. Therefore, they had to plan, choreograph, and build a new entertainment offering in only a few weeks. You shouldn't be too critical about it. Like TweedlDum9 said, it's a CAVALCADE. It's meant to be SHORT and simple. I think it's just nice to see a big concentration of characters together on the street -- it's better than having NO parade.

And Mickey's Shining Star Cavalcade gave enough time for the Entertainment Dept to develop the new "Character Celebrations."

Quote Originally Posted by NERDEUS
    Like TweedlDum9 said, it's a CAVALCADE. It's meant to be SHORT and simple. I think it's just nice to see a big concentration of characters together on the street -- it's better than having NO parade.

And Mickey's Shining Star Cavalcade gave enough time for the Entertainment Dept to develop the new "Character Celebrations."
    exactly. and i've seen the sleeping beauty celebration, and it's great. it's very impressive, and it uses the hub space in a completely new way that ties together with the castle to make a great and appropriate setting.

• e komo mai

The calvacade is really short, but it's just a filler mini-parade. My only real problem with the parade is that we were watching it by the castle bathrooms and they were performing in a very tight area. The dancers came within two feet of Isaac and I. But they were dancing and lip syncing to the music. When you're lip syncing two feet away from someone, they can tell that there's nothing a comin' out of your mouth. I think they should at least try singing just enough to be heard. It's not that long of a parade route... I don't know, just my two cents. It's a little akward when someone's in your face pretending to sing with beautiful voices coming out of a speaker ten feet away.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    When you're lip syncing two feet away from someone, they can tell that there's nothing a comin' out of your mouth. I think they should at least try singing just enough to be heard. It's not that long of a parade route... I don't know, just my two cents. It's a little akward when someone's in your face pretending to sing with beautiful voices coming out of a speaker ten feet away.

, Thats what I told Isaac too!!! Those CM's aren't even singing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    I finally saw the the Cavalcade yesterday afternoon. Thought it was cute - an acceptable filler for a parade. And it had Aladdin, which is a redeeming quality. Although I have to admit, I laughed through the whole thing. "The 80's called! They want their mini-parade back!"
    Why are all the princesses on a car and Aladdin and Jasmine walking at the end. They seem to be left out. Will they be in the Parade of Dreams?

I will be sad if it is just the same white princesses from Parade of the Stars.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwish
    Why are all the princesses on a car and Aladdin and Jasmine walking at the end. They seem to be left out. Will they be in the Parade of Dreams?
    I have no clue. But there's really not much room in the truck. They couldn't fit everyone, someone had to walk.

I assume they'll be in Parade of Dreams. I know Aladdin was in one of the concept art pieces, but that could have just been for illustration. Your guess is as good as mine.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    The calvacade is really short, but it's just a filler mini-parade. My only real problem with the parade is that we were watching it by the castle bathrooms and they were performing in a very tight area. The dancers came within two feet of Isaac and I. But they were dancing and lip syncing to the music. When you're lip syncing two feet away from someone, they can tell that there's nothing a comin' out of your mouth. I think they should at least try singing just enough to be heard. It's not that long of a parade route... I don't know, just my two cents. It's a little akward when someone's in your face pretending to sing with beautiful voices coming out of a speaker ten feet away.
    I saw it at that exact same spot and was thinking the same thing!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast