Thread: Thoughts...

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Thoughts...

I was just thinking about attractions at Disneyland that are no longer there. Such as, the People Mover. Ok, seriously, the track is still there, they don't have to do much to bring it back. Also, do you remember the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough? That was my favorite thing to do when I was a kid. Just thinking about it brings back so many great memories. I talked to a security guard when I was walking by the castle, and he told me that they have all of the figures in storage. He also told me that the music and lights are still playing the way they used to up in the castle. Unfortunately, there was an asbestos scare, so they had to shut it down. Well, I think they should put it back, because it's little things like that that make Disneyland what it is! Agree?

What things do you miss from Disneyland?
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: Thoughts...

I also heard that they shut the castle walk through down after September 11th.

This could be very untrue so take it for what it's worth.
    Foolish Mortal

• Banned User

I never went through the castle walk through nor do I remember the People Mover. So I can disagree with you on that point.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post

This could be very untrue so take it for what it's worth.
    Yeah its all about saftly. I hate myself for not walking through that one more time when I went in 2000, my mom said "jerrod you want to walk through the caslte before we go?" and I said no. I wish now that I walked though it again.

BUT I miss the PM and Subs the most and since the subs will bak next year theres no reason to cry over that. but PM need to come back one of my all time favorites it was just a fun, slow ride through Tommorrowland nothing special but I still liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I never went through the castle walk through nor do I remember the People Mover. So I can disagree with you on that point.
    *fair enough :0) But just in case you didn't know, the People Mover was in the same spot as the also extinct Rocket Rods. They used the same track.

Oh and Yeah, September 11 was also a reason they shut it down.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    *fair enough :0) But just in case you didn't know, the People Mover was in the same spot as the also extinct Rocket Rods. They used the same track.
    Yep but I never went on Rocket Rods either lol.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Yep but I never went on Rocket Rods either lol.
    Me neither becuase it was open for like a year and the one time I went and it was there it had a 120 min wait (it just opened a couple of days before) so I said screw it and walked away.

Such as, the People Mover. Ok, seriously, the track is still there, they don't have to do much to bring it back.
    Want to bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    Want to bet?
    well, not really, lol. but i still think they should bring it back. im just saying that it wont be like they're building an all new attraction...
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

well, not really, lol. but i still think they should bring it back. im just saying that it wont be like they're building an all new attraction...
    Yes it will be essentially. When Rocket Rods came after the PeopleMover, Disney ripped out the People Mover track system and installed the Rocket Rods system on the entire track. Over time as well, the track is becoming more weak and less stable, that's why they cheaped out on building Rocket Rods with fewer details. Repairing and installing the new system, and making new People Mover cars wouldn't be a short amount of time.
    Last edited by Mathius; 09-30-2006 at 04:29 PM.

• My laughing place

I miis the rides that brought "kenetic energy" to the park (ie the peoplemover and the skyway buckets). The whole feel of the park has been downgraded since those rides left.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

a thread like this always turns up every once and a while, and we usually hear most of the same arguements that are being presented here (not that thats a bad thing! i actually like it cuz although the ideas come up time and time again, its usually different ppl presenting em each time!)

yes its not as easy as flipping a switch and bringing back the PM, but the vast majority of the ride's infrastructure is already in place. the track may need to be retrofitted/fixed, but its there, there is already room cleared for the ride in the builidngs it passes through, etc.

so yes, it will take some capital investment to bring the track up to par, bring back new vehicles (hopefully retooled a little to give it a bit of a "futuristic" feel, and i personally would love to see touch screens (kinda like the ones in the cars from Jurassic Park) that give TL info, history, fake, funny commercials, etc to guests who want it), but it wouldnt be as big as investment as if the infrastructure wasnt there in the first place

and i think we've all seen over the last 18 months just how crowded DL can get, and not only would it be great (from a guest's point of view) to have a nice, liesurly, slow moving ride where u can literally rise above all of that bustle and commotion, but it would also be excellent (from a management PoV) to have another people eater ride to get some people off the walkways and onto a high capacity ride, without having to build a new costly, precious-space consuming building/structure/track/etc that would otherwise be needed to house such a venture.....
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Banned User

I just remembered that space exibit where the Buzz Lightyear Fastpass station is and there are not nay more star tours fastpass machines and they are not sponsored by energizer anymore!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Three letters: CBP.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    That is true. But, the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough was an attraction that was not handicap accessible in anyway. That also caused problems.....