Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    In that case, I'd rip out ALL OF TOMORROWLAND and replace it with 27 new e-tickets and 84 new D-C tickets.....

Unfortunatly, budget is highly, highly, highly limited. We get a Nemo overlay of the Sub ride.... another decade of slow, marginal increase in DCA's attractions.
    Well, budget is one thing; available space is another.

Besides, restoring the Subs is rumored to cost at least as much as that ginormous ToT.

As much as I snooze at Matt's choices for new resort attractions, one thing he has proven is that budgets can be changed to better suit the needs of the park. For instance, if ATIS recyled an existing ride vehicle design, that would make a big savings on R&D. Same with importing Aquatopia, or using the Hunny Hunt technology to create the smart car Autopias, etc.

Sometimes it's not so much about spending more, but about spending smarter.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    A new E-ticket PLUS Space/Rockit Mountain would be like waking up and finding all the plants in your back garden have replaced their leaves with 50 notes (or in America $100 bills).
    HUH? You British ! ! !

I like the idea of MISSION SPACE being the new main TL attraction, with a refurbished Space Mountain and new Buzz, all we would need is a PeopleMover and Sub refurbishment and a new Magic Eye Theater movie and the land would be back. I'd still love a new Star Tours and to see a replacement for INNOVENTIONS aka CAROUSEL OF SPONSORS, but doesn't that building generate money for DISNEY as is? I'd be surprised to see them pull the plug on it, since they can cross-clone with EPCOT's Innoventions.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Oh, and of course PeopleMover... I'd cut out the hub station and build a new station by the Monorail, or maybe in Starcade or inside Innoventions. The track would then go straight from Buzz to Star Tours. The old Rocket Tower would then become an advanced three-story, ground-loading Rocket Jets, perhaps an evolution of XK-1 at Knott's

I love how ModHatter skims the board for other people's ideas and then presents them as his own.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    PREVIOUSLY POSTED UNDER "Were the Rocket Rods Sabotaged?" thread:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gibbage
    Thats very true. The rods zips behind the arcade on its way to SM after StarTours. It may be best just to brake down a wall and but the boarding there. Or in the area it meets Innoventions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    yes, my thinking is they could board the ride any where along the length of it's track.

My idea is to tear down the loading building and make the end of the track be a much wider circle with a huge banked turn that you have to walk under to get anywhere in tomorrowland. It could be cool if they exited Buzz, went down the track and zipped around in a uturn motion and went back to Star Tours. Or do I have the direction reversed? It could go in either direction after all.

Or they could even chop off that leg of the track and have it go from Buzz right overhead to Star Tours if they think they need to open up that walkway more. And then do the fun turns and hills over the subs/autopia.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    Just for fun...

I removed a few things. I have not seen MS yet so I don't know if I got rid of anything important...
    But is everything perportional? What if the picture of Mission space was from further up?

I like the idea, but it's unlikely, Walt would want something New!

• Animatronic

You know, I have to agree. A Mission:Space type ride belongs in Tomorrowland. I've heard talk of it going to DCA, but Tomorrowland sorely needs a modern E-Ticket. I suppose it might make Star Tours seem rather lame though. As for the Rocket Rods, I say restore a lovely (slow) behind the scenes look at Tomorrowland, perhaps with a videoscreen in each car and make it really seem like the future again. With Mission:Space Tomorrowland will need a slow ride to let people know what they're in for. Mission:Space would really help put Tomorrowland back on theme. I'd take it one step farther (and slightly Pressler), and use digital paper futuristic ads in the stores, making the shops an actual attraction unto themselves.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    I like the idea, but it's unlikely, Walt would want something New!
    I do believe that this is new. No other ride in any amusement park in the world gives a more realistic simulation of space travel. I have had the chance to ride in at WDW, four times. The reports of people vomiting has declined after the initial launch. It appears that people made themselves so nervous before they rode that it made them sick. The second and third times they were fine.

If this is not a theme for TL, I don't know what is. As to the engineering to do it, I know that it is possible. We are a nation that engineered sending someone to the moon, we can engineer a simulation to Mars in a limited space. As to Star Tours feeling lame, well that ride is in sorely need of an upgrade anyway, but that is another topic.

This would be a great boost to DL and to attendance. It would cost a lot, but it would also make a lot of money. It is like modern movies, you have to spend money to make money.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Mission: Space sucks...I mean the technology used in the ride is AWSOME but the ride "film" sucks, the "story"(if you want to call it that sucks" as well. I would be all for a new TL ride using the centerfuge technology IF it has a good story and good ride film. But im telling you a clone of the florida version will suck on so many levels.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I love how ModHatter skims the board for other people's ideas and then presents them as his own.
    Oh gee, let's see:
    Your posts:
    Posts 54-56
    Dated 4/23/05

Here's mine:
    Post 57 in the Peoplemover - the next logical step? thread
    4/19/05
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...4&page=3&pp=20

Thanks... I think many of the armchair Imagineers have come up with a bunch of ideas to get the ball rolling. Imagine what the guys with degrees could come up with

If nothing else, there's that whole Rocket Tower issue to deal with. Innoventions, for all its faults, has sponsors which will keep that place alive for a while. Chevron has its hooks in Autopia. Magic Eye, ebing a theater, isn't meant for a permanent attraction anyway, but is tucked away so it will truly be a blight. But Rocket Tower... talk about bad show.

And the best news is, even without Rocket Tower, the tracks between Buzz and Star Tours could be spliced, and a new queue could go in on the second story of Carousel Theater, or Starcade, or even parallel to the Monorail station. The PeopleMover is just too visible to leave dormant, but too versatile to get rid of. We just need to be patient and wait for the Imagineers to have some of the other major projects like the Monos and Subs done so they can tackle the PMs. But it'll happen, and the odds are in their favor to be brilliant

I in fact never said the idea was mine (though this one was). I said it's what I would do. But even if the idea hadn't been mine, I sure had it before you did.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Oh gee, let's see:
    Your posts:
    Posts 54-56
    Dated 4/23/05

Here's mine:
    Post 57 in the Peoplemover - the next logical step? thread
    4/19/05
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...4&page=3&pp=20
    I in fact never said the idea was mine (though this one was). I said it's what I would do. But even if the idea hadn't been mine, I sure had it before you did.
    Wait a minute, this is going to take a bit to verify...
    hehehehe sorry I'll stop being Micepolice ModHatter, you win.

By the way, I know I can dig something up older if I tried.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    PREVIOUSLY POSTED UNDER "Were the Rocket Rods Sabotaged?" thread:
    yes, my thinking is they could board the ride any where along the length of it's track.

My idea is to tear down the loading building and make the end of the track be a much wider circle with a huge banked turn that you have to walk under to get anywhere in tomorrowland. It could be cool if they exited Buzz, went down the track and zipped around in a uturn motion and went back to Star Tours. Or do I have the direction reversed? It could go in either direction after all.
    Anyways, my point was this space could be the used in much the same way as EPCOT's Test Track exterior track.

• Minion

Wait a minute, this is going to take a bit to verify...
    hehehehe sorry I'll stop being Micepolice ModHatter, you win.

By the way, I know I can dig something up older if I tried.
    Well, if I were up for it, I could go back to the sites I used to post on before MiceChat, so there :devil:

But let's just agree it's a good idea, and come up with more.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    So do we think they're going to put in a Slow People Mover like FL or else a Fast Rocket Rod return (not likely) or maybe something in the middle?

Maybe cars that are fully enclosed and air conditioned and turn to the right or left to look at stuff like Haunted Mansion buggies only with windshields.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Someone asked if the scale in the images is different, to which the answer is no. If you look at the original images, scale is listed on the bottom right hand corner and it is identical b/t images. If they could fit Indy in, they could easily fit this in--that shouldn't even be the issue here. I do admit the graphics on SPACE could have been better--it has a very video game-ish feel to it, and the story is not what I had originally hoped for. However, now that R&D would be minimal for cloning the ride system, they could build this at DL for much less than its $100,000,000+ price tag at Epcot. Changing story line would not be a problem, and the original at Epcot was indeed designed to change flight plans every 10 years or so (whether or not that will actually happen is another issue entirely, but it is certainly possible). And yes, vomiting on the ride has decreased enough that they have removed the "space sickness bags" altogether. I felt as though the ride system itself was incredible, though it could have been used better, which is something possible in a clone. I think it would definitely work in Tomorrowland as it at Space Mountain would play off of each other much like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror do at MGM or SPACE and Test Track at Epcot. By the way, they could easily move the post show to the opposite side of the building and have Space Mountain and Mission: SPACE share a gigantic post show (and gift shop, of course) and make this feel like an Epcot-like pavillion. I think it would be phenomenal, and a great place to spend several hours on a rainy day. Just my opinion, but with the insane amount of money spent to develop SPACE, it's a pretty sure bet that it will be cloned eventually (though I don't see it opening elsewhere for another 7-10 years).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Rainicorn.

Haha.. people are trying to pwn each other.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast