Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    wait, how does a SeaCastle idea relate to Tomorrow? maybe if they were to reroute the map lines to make it fantasyland, that MIGHT work. and before it gets mentioned, i don't think an idea like a new land (ie perposed discoveryland or somethin of the like) would work, simply because of where you would have to be entering the rides from: either from a FL side or a TL side, with this new land wedged in between, just wouldnt work, you would enter autopia from tomorrowland, aquatopia from FL, subs from TL, indoor saucer ride from somewhere, space just doesnt allow for this. its almost like Michigan, separated by the great lakes. you would have to go around the sub lagoon on that narrow strip of land to get to the other part of the land, i think it would just confuse guests and would actually hurt themeing. which leaves the sea castle idea (which i do like very much, all those new/redesigned rides would be a welcome site, esp. if done really well), it leaves the idea to either being a part of TL or FL, but again, i just dont think that would work theme wise. if you could clarify, i'd appriciate it.
    Sea Castle, as first envisioned in Epcot's Horizons, is a futuristic, floating city of tomorrow. The basic idea is, you take everything that is Autopia, MBC, and the Subs, and tear them all out to build afresh.

The Subs have a brand new, built from scratch, showbuilding that takes you beneath the city to view new types of underwater technologies. The Aquatopia would take you on a sea-level tour of the model city. Autopia would provide a view of a smart freeway of the future, etc. Basically, you create a multi-level view of Progress City or something along those lines.

One of the simple tricks to keep this as a transition land between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland would be to use the Aquatopia waterway as a sort of moat around the floating city. Instead of the old MBC boarding area, you board where Fantasyland Autopia used to board. From the shore, you have landscaping and rockwork that mirrors Matterhorn and the rocks around the current Sub Lagoon. As you pass along the Tomorrowland side of Matterhorn, you still mostly see a natural setting with trees and such. It's only as you get closer to the loading area that you see the tall spires of the model city.

One of the other ideas I've been tinkering with is to have a second PeopleMover station within the model city, so that like a real city of the future, you get to the model city's Downtown by Tomorrowland transportation. But that's just one possibility.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Puppy Cuddles

OK, I'm too lazy to actually look it up right now (I will if someone really wants to know), but on the thread about Star Tours 2.0, someone suggested using M:S technology to update Star Torus. This goes along with both the overlay and existing technology moneysavers and I think that it might have potential. Not to mention it would kill two birds with one stone: new ST and M:S with good story in TL.

Having not been on M:S, I don't know if this is even possible, but if they're gonna ******* around with one of my favorite rides, I'd like to at least see some very noticable improvements.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    OK, I'm too lazy to actually look it up right now (I will if someone really wants to know), but on the thread about Star Tours 2.0, someone suggested using M:S technology to update Star Torus. This goes along with both the overlay and existing technology moneysavers and I think that it might have potential. Not to mention it would kill two birds with one stone: new ST and M:S with good story in TL.

Having not been on M:S, I don't know if this is even possible, but if they're gonna ******* around with one of my favorite rides, I'd like to at least see some very noticable improvements.
    the issue there is space. There is no way Mission: SPACE would fit in the Star Tours building and it's a very crammed area of the park--no where to move things around to fit it. Really, the only place to put SPACE without having to move things around is Innoventions, since there is backstage space there to spare.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

thanks for explaining the seacastle idea a bit more mod, sounds good to me.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    thanks for explaining the seacastle idea a bit more mod, sounds good to me.
    Any time... I'm an armchair Imagineer and that's one of my pet projects, and I can talk about it til the cows come home.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Mission:Space, while a good idea for where it is, is a ride that wouldn't fit at Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland should be innovated to be its own unique land. If something were to replace innoventions at the carousel theatre or its former real-estate, it should be something new and exciting that no other park has.
    Ride technology from other places can be reused. Dinosaur Encounter at Animal Kingdom uses the Indy ride system, for example.
    Something from Disney's Japanese exploits could certainly be possible. Pooh's Hunny Hunt doesn't even have a track. With a little more polish, think what this ride system could do! It could make some advanced sort of "Space Walk" simulation. Where your space pod will help you make repairs to a shuttle. The track could drop, rise, revolve in a sort of hybrid between Pooh, Roger Rabbit, and Buzz. Think of the possibilities.

Lightbulb

You know, the other day I was plotting out a whole new Tomorrowland and even went so far as to make a semi-brochure form of it.
    http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL991/...8/96281304.jpg

I think that an interesting move they could make is gut Redd Rocket's Pizza Port and build a Star Tours-style simulator ride with an Adventure Thru Inner Space remake or as the topic of this post, a Mission:Space related ride.

I also think that if the Carousel of Progress is taken from Florida it should be sent back to Disneyland and upstairs be changed into a restaurant. Some of it outdoors looking over the rest of Tomorrowland.

Another idea that I had is if Honey I Shrunk the Audience be replaced with a 3-d ride around aviation or is that too close to Soarin'?

I doubt this would ever be....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    Another idea that I had is if Honey I Shrunk the Audience be replaced with a 3-d ride around aviation or is that too close to Soarin'?

I doubt this would ever be....
    Really interesting brochure, btw.

Okay, here's a thought... I like the idea of more aviation and earth-bound attractions. How about using HISTA as the restaurant, and then following a similar plan to what WDW is supposedly thinking about...

Put the Flying Saucers into the top half of Carousel Theater. But, put the queue outside, and usse the walls for a wrap around Circlevision system to give it more show, make you think you're flying through a stratospheric traffic jam. Heck, to borrow from your idea, you could even bump it up another notch and experiment with making it a 3-D CircleVision movie. Call the whole thing Dizzy Discs, and install dashboard cams so even guests at home can see a webcam teaser show.

-- Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    You know, the other day I was plotting out a whole new Tomorrowland and even went so far as to make a semi-brochure form of it.
    http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL991/...8/96281304.jpg ....
    Two bad you can't just twinkle your nose like Samantha on BEWITCHED and make it so... We love those red enclosed PeopleMovers. I say have them sponsored by PIONEER and have awesome stereos iin them that play digital radio stations and let each party in each car have their own tunes...

Or only at night time, you can ride PeopleROCKer.... PeopleMover by day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Two bad you can't just twinkle your nose like Samantha on BEWITCHED and make it so... We love those red enclosed PeopleMovers. I say have them sponsored by PIONEER and have awesome stereos iin them that play digital radio stations and let each party in each car have their own tunes...

Or only at night time, you can ride PeopleROCKer.... PeopleMover by day.

Well, it would make perfect sense if they revived some form of the Radio Disney booth, and make that one of the digital stations you can select. Of course, if they had a decent live stage, that could be another. And of course, you could have different audio tracks, one retro with narration, one music-only retro track, one Tomorrowland history and trivia track, and the default station is narration for Tomorrowland 2055 (or whatever theme they go for).

Then, in Star Trader, your sponsor sells themed MP3 players called "PeopleGroovers," that come preloaded with the tracks you can hear on the ride.

-- Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    In Star Trader, your sponsor sells themed MP3 players called "PeopleGroovers," that come preloaded with the tracks you can hear on the ride.
    STEVE JOBS are you listening? IPOD PeopleGroovers at DLR. $99.

You can make the presentation in the Magic Eye Theater.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    No second thought, Steve Jobs probably loves the Whoopi Goldberg Movie in DCA. Use that theater.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    STEVE JOBS are you listening? IPOD PeopleGroovers at DLR. $99.

You can make the presentation in the Magic Eye Theater.
    Well, just be careful about Apple.

They might be more inclined to opt for the Rocket Pods, and we know what that'd mean...

-- Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, just be careful about Apple.

They might be more inclined to opt for the Rocket Pods, and we know what that'd mean...
    ROCKET PODS you're a genius ModHatter.

We just found our Sponsor. Music by Itunes.

Hmmm.This combines an idea of Apple Computers as a sponsor. Anybody heard of the short-live and poor attended Astuter Computer Revue at Epcot's Communicore. Well They could put an Apple Showcase in Innoventions. I mean with everybody having iPods nowadays. They could showcase the projected iPod they plays movies or something and the new computers. And they don't have to bump HP because Apple is partnered with HP on the iPod project and something else. I don't know I'm just putting ideas out for Innoventions that seems to lose sponsors and luster.

oh yes and by the way about my brochure, here is a better clearer copy so the text and pics are actaully viewable
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2.../Untitled-1.jpg

And I was thinking about this when I saw this a few minutes ago, on

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c

I zoomed in on this specific spot, because I see another ride. It could do with the Earth almost like a mini-The Land. It would be like Hemilech's Chew Chew Train. There seems to be some space if you removed some of that utility space in back, but would it's location beunderserved or would people going to Autopia, The Train, Innoventions see it? I don't know what the cars would look like. or it could be the jungle seen from the Incredibles. Ok I'm going overboard with the Pixar movies let alone with the wack concepts. I know now that everything is going crazy and there is absolutely no space in this Fantasy-Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 05-12-2005 at 07:31 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast