Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Tomorrowland Expansion: MISSION to SPACE and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    Just for fun...

I removed a few things. I have not seen MS yet so I don't know if I got rid of anything important...
    I think that is a great idea. I've always thought that Mission Space should be in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and this photo is great and I can see it fitting in there nicely. Hopefully they could have it open for the 55th anniversary in 2010!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    I think that is a great idea. I've always thought that Mission Space should be in Tomorrowland at Disneyland and this photo is great and I can see it fitting in there nicely. Hopefully they could have it open for the 55th anniversary in 2010!
    Agreed...and honestly, it doesn't need to even be as big as it is at Epcot...they didn't need the four centrifuges that they paid big bucks for. The average queue length even in the summer for this ride hardly breaks 30 minutes, since the capacity is so high, so they could probably just build three centrifuges and use the space that would be taken by the 3rd as the queue and post-show area, thus saving a lot of space, with the ride only needing to be as big as the clearly outline box you can see in the overhead photo.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well given the lawsuits from the developers and the recent death of a child in the FL version, add lackluster reviews and a huge capital investment, and I think this idea is not going anywhere.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Well given the lawsuits from the developers and the recent death of a child in the FL version, add lackluster reviews and a huge capital investment, and I think this idea is not going anywhere.
    The overall opinion of Mission: SPACE hasn't been exactly lackluster. People that can actually go on it tend to enjoy it, it just has a ride system that about half of guests would not put themselves through, and it has an incredibly high hourly capacity. That is why the waits never seem to break 40 minutes. The boy that died on it has not been shown to be Disney's fault. Cost would be the only thing really keeping this ride from being cloned, and even so, they could build it much cheaper this time--no research and only 2 or 3 centrifuges would be required, since 4 is clearly too many. However, I should point out that with the introduction of this ride, Epcot's yearly attendance shot up about 10%--significantly higher than the other WDW parks, and it was the only new attraction in that time period. Someone likes it...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Well ... I'm hoping Mission:Space never comes to DL. DCA? Third Gate? Sure.

But Disneyland is unique in that all to most rides are for the whole family. Mission:Space is an INTENSE thrill ride that EXCLUDES many people. Many people would have to sit it out.

• Minion

I feel ... that an "Anchoring" Tomorrowland ride .. as this prime location sits dead center in the land (ie - "Center Piece") .... needs to always be kept for things for the entire family. While .. off to the side here ..... we have Space Mountain in the south corner .. and Star Tours to the right front corner.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

You think STAR TOURS is an extreme ride that the family can't all ride together? Unless you suffer from motion sickness, you're not gonna fall out or anything.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345