Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Lightbulb Tomorrowland Expansion: MISSION to SPACE and more.

I think EPCOT's Mission to Space belongs in Tomorrowland. It is a great attraction. DL's Tomorrowland has been so neglected. The DL version of Mission to Space can of course be slightly different (and make it better). Tear down Innoventions and the Pizza Port and build it there. I think the Nemo version of Submarines will be great...I also would like Ariel, the Little Mermaid and her friends there as well so it will not all be Pixar-themed. It also would be great if the PeopleMover came back as well as per Al's updates.

What would you add to make Tomorrowland better?
    Last edited by JoeCool; 05-06-2005 at 11:22 AM.

• Defeats the Huns

Wait i'm a little confused -- you want Ariel there so that it WILL be all Pixar? or won't be?

I don't think DL will get Mission:SPACE any time soon though -- I don't really want another clone anyway -- if anything, Disneyland should be getting a brand new ride. Tomorrowland will be better again once Space Mountain opens.

• They wanna know, HO!

I think you mean Mission:Space, right?

Well, lets put it this way, the land area required to put M:S would be much larger than Innoventions and Autopia load area. Remember, they will need an area for 4 giant centerfuges, the que, and enterence with possible post show.

While M:S is a great ride, it's not a good fit for Disneyland as the ride is based a lot in fact, and also it's not as good as everyone says.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    I think you mean Mission:Space, right?

Well, lets put it this way, the land area required to put M:S would be much larger than Innoventions and Autopia load area. Remember, they will need an area for 4 giant centerfuges, the que, and enterence with possible post show.

While M:S is a great ride, it's not a good fit for Disneyland as the ride is based a lot in fact, and also it's not as good as everyone says.
    Actually, no. A few weeks back I compared the plot size for Mission: SPACE and Innoventions. Mission: SPACE is EXACTLY as wide as Innoventions is, it just goes further back. The is also enough room behind Innoventions to fit in the entire back of Mission: SPACE, so they could easily have the front half of innoventions feature the queue on the bottom floor and post show on the 2nd floor, and then take out the entire back wall to extend it to make a box shape (i.e. a box that holds the ride with a semicircle front to hold the queue and post show). It would fit.

Compare, noting the same scale:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...+Vista%7cFL%7c

Mission: SPACE is an easy fit in that space. I think it's a great ride, and while it's based in fact over at Epcot (as it should be there), it has an extremely adaptable ride system and could easily be changed to fit Tomorrowland's theme better.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Actually, no. A few weeks back I compared the plot size for Mission: SPACE and Innoventions. Mission: SPACE is EXACTLY as wide as Innoventions is, it just goes further back. The is also enough room behind Innoventions to fit in the entire back of Mission: SPACE, so they could easily have the front half of innoventions feature the queue on the bottom floor and post show on the 2nd floor, and then take out the entire back wall to extend it to make a box shape (i.e. a box that holds the ride with a semicircle front to hold the queue and post show). It would fit.

Mission: SPACE is an easy fit in that space. I think it's a great ride, and while it's based in fact over at Epcot (as it should be there), it has an extremely adaptable ride system and could easily be changed to fit Tomorrowland's theme better.

Well, I'll be. Thanks for that, and thanks for proving me wrong.

• Minion

I think that they need to put something new and original, forget the cloning!

• o Tom o

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84

I hate to poke a whole in that theory but it cuts awfully close into the train tracks, as well as a water filteration center located behind Innoventions, as well as the only half way decent breakarea for the CMs on the East Side, which as I know understand contains the offices for the Tommorrowland department as they were evicted for Astro Blasters.

I like the story and theme of Mission: Space and it fits with the circa 1960's Space Race theme they are restoring to TL but I think we deserve an original piece.

• Former Epcot CM

I agree that M:S wouldn't suit in Disneyland because it is too real, and Tomorrowland doesn't need clones right now. Ok, maybe when the land has Space Mountain again and a few new original D-ticket rides, a cloned E-ticket could survive without dominating. But a new E-ticket PLUS Space/Rockit Mountain would be like waking up and finding all the plants in your back garden have replaced their leaves with 50 notes (or in America $100 bills).
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• The one, the only...

Joecool is right

I think that Mission:Space is perfect for TL. After all, Disneyland was first to present a ride simulation for a trip to the Moon, and then to Mars. It would be exactly the attraction Walt would have done.

Second, people say there is not enough space. Well, Walt liked doing the impossible and did not like it when people said to him that they could not do it. He would simply say, work on it a little more.

I have a solution. People are thinking 2D instead of 3D. I say STACK the centrifuges! To keep it from getting too tall, dig a hole to put the base at a lower level! It would look impressive from the outside, but it might add to the allure of the ride. It could end up probably just one story taller than the innoventions building.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Just for fun...

I removed a few things. I have not seen MS yet so I don't know if I got rid of anything important...

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    Just for fun...

I removed a few things. I have not seen MS yet so I don't know if I got rid of anything important...
    The exit....

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think that Mission:Space is perfect for TL. After all, Disneyland was first to present a ride simulation for a trip to the Moon, and then to Mars. It would be exactly the attraction Walt would have done.

Second, people say there is not enough space. Well, Walt liked doing the impossible and did not like it when people said to him that they could not do it. He would simply say, work on it a little more.

I have a solution. People are thinking 2D instead of 3D. I say STACK the centrifuges! To keep it from getting too tall, dig a hole to put the base at a lower level! It would look impressive from the outside, but it might add to the allure of the ride. It could end up probably just one story taller than the innoventions building.
    Can't work for many reasons, one of which is that the ride isn't designed to be stackable. Even if it was, the wear and tear on the foundation would be huge.

The M:S ride system sinks into the ground about 8 feet, allowing for electrical systems bellow to be installed, it also allows for a sinking floor, which allows for people to get on and off, but also allowing the cabins to pitch, roll, and turn.

• Banned User

I was talking about this exact same thing on MouseInfo months ago.

Marice, the resident DISCO mouthpiece (she spins everything, but is always correct) said that the original development plan for Mission:Space was to add it to DLR, and TDL.

However, there were huge cost overruns (like 2-3 times the original budget) and there is still a law suit over who owns the rights. (Sub contractor says DisCo still owes them more money, and they should get more-more should the ride be added to other parks).

So, M:S is on hold for further deployments at least until the law suit is settled.... Then, they'd have to convince management the budget for additional installs wouldn't slip as badly as the first one's did.

The exit....
    Minor detail...

• Minion

Well, I wouldn't add M:S. Personal feelings about the ride aside, I don't think the Vomit Comet is really going to be enough of a family attraction.

To sum up my wishlist... With an unlimited budget and free reign, I'd tear up the entire MBC/Autopia/Sub area and reImagineer it into my multi-level SeaCastle model city concept, including new subs, Aquatopia, Hunny Hunt-style "smart freeway" Autopia, and an indoor Jetsons-style Flying Saucers darkride/bumper car combo.

Innoventions would revert to the Carousel Theater. The first floor would use the theaters for an interactive Disney trivia game. Above, you have something like Innoventions, but it changes every two years or so to reflect a different theme for the land. For instance, when the subs open, have it based on the world's oceans, and maybe it could have a tide pool and other interactive areas. The landscaping and lighting color pallette will all reflect the ocean theme. Then, when another attraction opens or is highlighted, these little mini-themes change.

HISTA I would turn into a modern ATIS, using the original Honey storyline to frame the new ATIS plot.

Oh, and of course PeopleMover... I'd cut out the hub station and build a new station by the Monorail, or maybe in Starcade or inside Innoventions. The track would then go straight from Buzz to Star Tours. The old Rocket Tower would then become an advanced three-story, ground-loading Rocket Jets, perhaps an evolution of XK-1 at Knott's
    Last edited by ModHatter; 05-06-2005 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Forgot about PeopleMover! I know. I'm just as shocked as you are.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    To sum up my wishlist... With an unlimited budget and free reign,

In that case, I'd rip out ALL OF TOMORROWLAND and replace it with 27 new e-tickets and 84 new D-C tickets.....

Unfortunatly, budget is highly, highly, highly limited. We get a Nemo overlay of the Sub ride.... another decade of slow, marginal increase in DCA's attractions.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast