Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Will we ever get Mickey's PhilharMagic?

Well, I know there are a lot of us out there who don't really like clones but I think this particular clone is worthy of making it's way to Disneyland. I know MANY people didn't like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh clone from 2003 and people are 50/50 satisfied with Astro Blasters and no one ever wants Stitch's Great Escape to lay a foot in Tomorrowland. With the exception of CBJ, wev'e been getting many direct clones from other parks since 1998: MK: Winnie the Pooh and Buzz, EP: Turtle Talk and HISTA, MGM: Tower and Muppet-Vision, and DRP: Astro Orbiter. I think Mickey's Philharmagic would make a fantastic addition, I think it is very appropriate to have a home in DL. You can't say whose PhilarMagic is better because it's practically the same and it would make an excellent fit in the Motorboat lagoon. Anybody think we will ever see it come to Disneyland?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Will we ever get Mickey's PhilharMagic?

I hope we don't get it. The more they clone, the less desire I have to visit other parks. I liked Walt's idea of having MK's fantasyland filled with different darkrides. I would prefer if Disney created something new for Disneyland, as they did with MK when they created Philharmagic.

• Dreams do come true

I kinda hope we don't get it also, eventhough I loved it and saw it twice last week, If we did get it take out HISTA and put it there.

• Banned User

They cpould always use different movies from their hit list.. there are others besides whats being used now...

it cxould even begin and end similarily... then house it in toon town in a new opera house... then get rid of HISTA in Tomorrowland... and replace it with something else...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Toontown needs this attaction REALLY BAD!!!!
    So yes we need it.

• The one, the only...

I am not a fan of cloning. I do believe that any attraction can be IMPROVED! I would love to see a BETTER version of PharMagic. How can it be improved? Add more Disney Animatronics! I think that just the rear end of one character is simply not enough!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• ...TWO BITS!

Refer to my Toontown expansion link in my signature

Just repeating what others said that I agree with:
    1) Perfect for Toontown as it really needs attractions, Fantasyland has enough

2) IMPROVING the clone would be great. AA's are always welcome. Just the themeing for MP in Toontown compared to FL would be a cool difference. DL Buzz is an improvement to WDW Buzz, right?

3) WHY PUT MP IN TOMORROWLAND?? I still don't get that. I've been saying they could replace HISTA with a TRON 4D (with real actors and blacklight effects, etc)

4) Definately agree we should have got the Tokyo Pooh clone instead of WDW clone. If DL gets a clone, it should be the the best of the best/improved.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

It would fit well in toontown. Filmfreak11 mentioned a PhilharMagic/House of Mouse complex for the expansion of Toontown that sounds like a dandy idea.
    But add lots of AAs and some more in-theatre effects. I mean, we KNOW the water/stuff by the feet/air blasts are a given for 3d movies, but incorporating more AAs into the mix (think Muppetvision/Bug's Life combined, with some T2:3D thrown in) would make a fantastic improvement.
    It's a cute show (from reports) and could sure use placement in Toontown.

• Defying gravity

If PhilharMagic was moved to DLR, I would put it in the old Millionaire building in DCA. I don't think DL needs anymore attractions right now.

Well... doesn't really fit there. Unless you did the whole "backlot thing."

NO! Wait! That's RIGHT next to Muppets!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'd LOVE to see MP at DLR. It really is an awesome show. Toontown is a great idea, but where? Is there any room? Maybe get rid of a couple of "houses"?

Another option is to build a theater somewhere between Matterhorn and Small World. Maybe where the Motor Boat Cruise used to be? Seems like there's an awful lot of space around there.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    If PhilharMagic was moved to DLR, I would put it in the old Millionaire building in DCA. I don't think DL needs anymore attractions right now.
    I thought about MP in DCA's HPB. Even themeing the building as The Walt Disney Concert. That would be awesome. BUT DCA has enough movie attractions, DL doesn't however. MP is a good transition from FL to TT too. So put a Walt Disney Concert/MP in Disneyland Paris' Studio park!! This way, you have a MP in FL, TT, & a studio park.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I'd LOVE to see MP at DLR. It really is an awesome show. Toontown is a great idea, but where? Is there any room? Maybe get rid of a couple of "houses"?

Another option is to build a theater somewhere between Matterhorn and Small World. Maybe where the Motor Boat Cruise used to be? Seems like there's an awful lot of space around there.
    If you read Toontown expansion link in my signature, I go into detail how it may be possible to rebuild FL theater so a new FL theater and Toontown Operahouse/Playhouse could hold MP. It'd work great because MP would be a good transition from FL to TT. And the TT train depot actually GOES into TT instead of FL. TT also gets land expansion. And MP would be open while the rest of TT is closed at night.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 10-01-2006 at 08:06 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I'll admit, PhilharMagic is a GREAT show, but please no clones. Toontown needs much more help than a show, and the Motor Boat Cruise area is too good of real estate to waste on a theater building!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

It definately would fit better in toontown then replacing Muppetvision. Seems like a downgrade to replace Muppetvision with Mickey's PhilharMagic.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

From Mice-Age
    But what is planned to go away is the sparsely-attended MuppetVision show, as a reworked facility to house the popular Philharmagic 3-D show from Orlando and Hong Kong would go in its place.
    Why not change the movie once in a while instead? I bet that would bring attendance up. Then put Philharmagic next door.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast