Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Star Wars Timelines OUT THE WINDOW!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I always wanted to see that fight nut I know it will suck a DL since they cant use effects..
    Ray Park (AKA Darth Maul) is a superb martial artist. A lot of what we saw in Episode 1 was him and not some computer generated special effect.

That's why if there ever was a "fight" between the Darths is would be a strange match up. David Prowse had little ability with a sword which is why Vader's lightsaber fighting is stiff and wooden, especially when compared with Ray Park.

Lucas even went to pains to explain the discerepancy in lightsaber duelling talent between the two triologies. In his own words Vader and Obi Wan (Ben) were old men and Luke was still in training, whereas young Obi Wan and Ani are from the Prime of the Jedi.

That doesb't mean its cannon its only Cannon if Lucus says so...and he has yet to say if Maul has survied or not so its noncannon.
    I though that it was very clear that the Jedi examined Maul's remains and positively identified him as a Sith. If he wasn't dead, then why did Sidious replace him with Tyranus?

Well, aside from the Obi-Wan Vader fight from IV, Prowse didn't do any of the lightsaber fighting.
    That was done by a swordsman...
    Will find the name...
    Got it! Bob Anderson.

• Shablagoo!

There actually was a Darth Vader vs Darth MAul fight in a Dark Horse comic a few years back. I'm not sure how it turned out though. If you ever want to see a cool Darth Vader lightsaber duel check out the Dark Horse comic "Purge". In it Vader tracks down 7 or 8 jedi including Bultar Swan and beats them all . Vader kicks major butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Vader kicks major butt.
    But not on the big screen. Anderson was better than Prowse but he clearly lacked Park's overall skill.

Of course back then Lucas had no idea where it was headed. I also wonder if Hamill had the ability to at least spar credibly with a Master level martial artist (my hat is off to Ewan McGregor).

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
    Official Star Wars comics are canon. Every storyline has to be run by Lucas' team. They get explicit instructions whom they can kill off and whom they can't.

Lucas never made them cannon. By his own words only what happens on the big screen and the micro clone wars series are cannon. The rest is just part of EU nothing more.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Shaman of the Whills

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    Lucas never made them cannon. By his own words only what happens on the big screen and the micro clone wars series are cannon. The rest is just part of EU nothing more.
    I'm not sure where you found that quote from GL, because I have yet to find it, but I hear that repeated alot across the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

The link above describes the different types of Star Wars canon that exist.

The comic books (except the Star Wars Infinities series of course) have a C-canon determination, which makes them a bit less than the movies (G-canon), but more relevant than computer games (S-canon) and everything that's N-canon (meaningless re: canon).

Lucas even has a holocron library which tracks all changes to the "canon" (I'm refering to G, C and S).

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.js...2583&tstart=25

For example, when planning ROTS and the upcoming Star Wars TV series, (quote) "Lucas himself instructed the writers of the Star Wars: Republic comic book series not to kill off the Quinlan Vos character. This has led some fans to speculate that Vos may play a role in the [upcoming Star Wars TV series]. Lucas had originally written a scene for Revenge of the Sith involving Vos, but ultimately, he only got a mention in the film (Obi-Wan explains to Anakin: "Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity")."

• "Always On The Move..."

Official Star Wars comics are canon. Every storyline has to be run by Lucas' team. They get explicit instructions whom they can kill off and whom they can't.
    Weeellllll, when I was at the 10th Anniversary of SW in LA, Uncle George himself was there and was answering questions. The question came up about with all the books and such, what was "cannon" and what wasn't and how did he explain all the differences. The answer was...

"If it's in the films, then it's cannon. As for the books and other stories, they are just that books and stories. But if you want "cannon" go by what the films show."

I was there during his presentation and the question and answer period. In fact I was sitting next to a friend who was the one who ASKED that question. AND was present when George answered the question immediately after it was asked. So, the quote came from the SW 10th Anniversary Celebration in Los Angeles, in front of about...a 1,000 or so witnesses. According to George..."cannon" is the films only. The rest is to have fun with..but take with a grain of salt. (And a lot of us.."old tymers" still use his quote. LOL)

...As is said by the "Maker", so it is said, so it is done.
    Last edited by AlohaStitch; 10-02-2006 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    Since we're showing off our dorkiness...

At the end of 'Revenge of the Sith' the Death Star looked pretty close to the Death Star at the end of 'Jedi'. The 'Jedi' Death Star was functional. The 'Sith' Death Star, according to the timeline, wouldn't be operational until it takes out Alderaan. So, between the time Luke is an infant until he's like 16 or so, the Death Star isn't functional. It seems like a long time. If the Empire could build a new Death Star in several years after the first one was blown up, then how come the first one took so long to be functional...?
    Because no one thought to take the time to connect the logic dots 20 years later.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

why Uncle Owen didn't want anything to do with Obi Wan.
    Because he was scared Beru would make a move on that Jedi hottie... I know I would.

Darth Mall
    The dreaded Sith of Retail!

The Darths DO NOT fight each other at the Jedi Training Academy. That would be awesome. Anyway, the Academy was great for kids, but for people like me there wihtout kids, I was hoping the Jedi would battle VAder or Maul. I know they hired people with sword experience, would have been nice to see it. At the show Darth Maul and Darth Vader come out of the Tomorrowland Terrace stage and fight little kids with this choreography that was taught to them minutes before.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm not sure where you found that quote from GL, because I have yet to find it, but I hear that repeated alot across the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

The link above describes the different types of Star Wars canon that exist.

The comic books (except the Star Wars Infinities series of course) have a C-canon determination, which makes them a bit less than the movies (G-canon), but more relevant than computer games (S-canon) and everything that's N-canon (meaningless re: canon).

Lucas even has a holocron library which tracks all changes to the "canon" (I'm refering to G, C and S).

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.js...2583&tstart=25

For example, when planning ROTS and the upcoming Star Wars TV series, (quote) "Lucas himself instructed the writers of the Star Wars: Republic comic book series not to kill off the Quinlan Vos character. This has led some fans to speculate that Vos may play a role in the [upcoming Star Wars TV series]. Lucas had originally written a scene for Revenge of the Sith involving Vos, but ultimately, he only got a mention in the film (Obi-Wan explains to Anakin: "Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity")."
    but in the Real Cannons (Movies/Clone wars) thats what is Really Real the rest is not cannon Maul May have lived but like someone else said the Jedi's did say he was a sith so it might have died.

Anyway the Maul we see is not Half Robot and Half (what ever the Hell he is) in this he's just Maul. But its Disneyland where anything can happen Right?

• Shaman of the Whills

but in the Real Cannons (Movies/Clone wars) thats what is Really Real the rest is not cannon Maul May have lived but like someone else said the Jedi's did say he was a sith so it might have died.

Anyway the Maul we see is not Half Robot and Half (what ever the Hell he is) in this he's just Maul. But its Disneyland where anything can happen Right?
    That's a very good point. Probably because Di$ney didn't want to cough up the cash. I'm still terribly disappointed that they're not sporting the life sized AT-AT from Disneyworld!!

• Now 40% less bitter!

I'm still terribly disappointed that they're not sporting the life sized AT-AT from Disneyworld!!
    Disneyland doesn't have nearly the same amount of acreage that Disneyworld does. We could sport a life-sized Yoda. He's just a tiny little muppet (or was, before... sigh).
    Oo-de-lally!

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    In his own words Vader and Obi Wan (Ben) were old men and Luke was still in training, whereas young Obi Wan and Ani are from the Prime of the Jedi.
    Yeah, then what about Yoda? He's waaaay older than any of them!!!
    xo, Deanna

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast