Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Smile Re: Star Wars Timelines OUT THE WINDOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Yeah, then what about Yoda? He's waaaay older than any of them!!!
    So are Dooku and Palpatine. Lucas probably had no idea where the light saber dueling was going. Either that, or he hadn't seen enough Asian martial arts movies when he filmed the original movie.

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Star Wars Timelines OUT THE WINDOW!

David did his own fighting in the original Star Wars (sorry, I refuse to call it Episode whatever...) He had used swords before and there was concern because of Sir Alec's age and abilities at the time. (According to what I was told of the fight scene first hand) The style of fighting used at the time was Kendo and Bob Anderson was the swordsman who trained and choreographed the fight. Kendo is a very precise style of swordwork that actually has little movement. But, probably not the best choice for a big screen saber fight. David did not get to do the fighting in RotJ. THAT was the stunt person. (This came from Dave himself..used to run around with him all the time. ) The new style of fighting was created by Nick Gillard...whom I had the pleasure to meet and talk with quite a bit at CIII ( I do competitive lightsaber fighting). THAT style was created especially for the new trilogy because they wanted to do something much more than just the original kendo from Star Wars and the extended (but still pretty stiff) fighting from RotJ.

And yup,, the fighting in the second trilogy is absolutely spectacular, and a good martial artist could recreate any of Maul's moves. (But, hey...Ray Park is the best!!!). Of course, McGregor and Hayden weren't shabby themselves!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Mickeyfan3

so who says you have to be 10 years old to do the JTA??? Who hoo! Yet one more reason to go back down there, my little Padawan will be SOOOOOOO excited.....he's chompin' at the bit for anything Star Wars and this would be way, way cool.

• Infinitized!

Now that you bought the original Star Wars trilogy theatrical release DVDs, get ready to buy another: next week they're on HD DVD and Blu-ray!!

• Fastpass Hater

Quote Originally Posted by bytemaster View Post
    Darth Mall was killed[...]
    I love the food court at the Darth Mall.

• Shaman of the Whills

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    And yup,, the fighting in the second trilogy is absolutely spectacular, and a good martial artist could recreate any of Maul's moves. (But, hey...Ray Park is the best!!!). Of course, McGregor and Hayden weren't shabby themselves!!!
    I'm waiting for the re-re-re-re-re-re-release of the original trilogy with the Vader/Kenobi fight replaced with a CG fight scene a la Dooku jumping down the stairs in the beginning of ROTS.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
    I'm not sure where you found that quote from GL, because I have yet to find it, but I hear that repeated alot across the internet.
    It was in an interview that he did for Star Wars Insider. I'll have to flip thru my collection to find the exact issue. It was also stated by him I believe at celebration 3. Although I would have to check the video I shot of that to be certain of that.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234