• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 9/30: Disney's HalloweenTime Run-Down - Both parks and tons of photos!

SICK OF THE HALLOWEENTIME COVERAGE? CHECK OUT: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +MORE

After a three week hiatus, I finally was able to make it back to the Resort. And boy, I couldn't have come back at a better time. Disney's Halloween Time is truly spectacular - from all of the jack-o-lanterns on Main Street, to the somewhat creepy jack-o-lantern people in Frontierland, to the Tower of Terror Halloween storytime - it's all here, and it's all good!

I know there are a bunch of other threads out there covering HalloweenTime and the rest of the goings-on at the Parks, but what the heck - what could some more hurt?

So let's get to it!

NEW BILLBOARDS AT THE TRAM STOP

New billboards greet you at the Mickey & Friends Tram Stop:

As do new banners in Downtown Disney:

PUMPKIN STREET, U.S.A.
    WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    The Fab 5 welcome you at the Disneyland turnstiles in enormous jack-o-lantern form.

And they light up at night too, and all of those vines around them are covered in decorative dancing lights - a very nice touch.

FLORAL MICKEY
    Floral Mickey's makeover is pretty cool, and all of the mini pumpkins making up his face is a clever touch:

Real mini pumpkins!

MAIN STREET, U.S.A.
    Main Street, USA looks amazing - Personally, I would have not put the "Disney's HalloweenTime" logo on the street lights, instead, I would have put "Main Street Pumpkin Festival" to match the theme of the land, but I can't complain - those mini Mickey pumpkins winking and smiling are just so cool!

Main Street Performers, Vehicle operators, and characters have neat oversized HalloweenTime ribbons on, including the Dapper Dans:

Jack-O-Lanterns that light up are in nearly every Main Street window, and on every balcony and all the eaves. And fall squash and pumpkin creatures are in the windows of some shops, matching the theme of their respective shop.

A special Mickey Jack-O-Lantern sits in a Window at Walt's Apartment above the firehouse:

Baker gourd at the Blue Ribbon Bakery:

At the New Century Music shop:

You can see the yellow extension cord coming out of the window here so the jack-o-lantern can have the juice to be illuminated in the evening. Bad show?

See the Year of a Million Dreams logo jack-o-lantern?

THE PARTNERS GET FESTIVE
    There are pumpkins circling the back and sides of the Partners statue in the hub. Each jack-o-lantern features an animated character that represents the land. Woody represents Frontierland, but somehow I missed his pumpkin when I was snapping pics - sorry!

ADVENTURELAND: Tarzan

NEW ORLEANS SQUARE: Jack Skellington

CRITTER COUNTRY: Winnie the Pooh (should have been Brer Rabbit!)

FANTASYLAND: Tinkerbell

MICKEY'S TOON TOWN: Roger Rabbit

TOMORROWLAND: Buzz Lightyear

MAIN STREET ALL AGLOW: HALLOWEENTIME AT NIGHT

The Giant Mickey Jack-O-Lantern (winking side):

The spotlights for Jack-O-Lantern Mickey could be seen coming from Main Street windows:

FRONTIERLAND & WOODY'S HALLOWEEN ROUND-UP:
    Frontierland was the other hotzone for HalloweenTime mania - specifically, at Big Thunder Ranch, where Woody's Halloween Roundup is taking place --

These Halloween decorations have been up in Frontierland for a while now, but here they are again:

WOODY'S HALLOWEEN ROUNDUP:

SCARE-DY CROW SHACK:
    To be honest, I was a bit creeped out by some of the decorations in the Scare-dy Crow Shack at Woody's Halloween Roundup... The jack-o-lantern people are just a bit unnerving...

She's particularly creepy:

DISNEY'S HALLOWEENTIME ADVENTURE:
    Candy corn!

Over at DCA, not much is going on.. the "enhanced decor" for the Hollywood Pictures Backlot is nothing more than some lightpost banners - and nowhere near as nice as the ones on Main Street across the esplanade...

The neat new Bat arch at the Tower of Terror is pretty cool though, and the new HTH lightpost glass web decorations are VERY NICE!

Inside, the decoratoins are more or less subtle, but nice. The rotting pumpkins and vintage-looking Halloween paper masks are cool:

TOWER OF TERROR STORYTIME:
    I reallllly liked the new storytime at the Tower of Terror - its short enough to hold my attention and the lightning effect and the blacklight makeup is really cool!
    A couple shots of the honeymooning couple:

Shots of the mechanic and journalist:

Smoke rises from the broken fountain...

VIDEO ADDED!
    Sorry its not the best, and theres no audio - my little digital camera isn't the best.. but here it is. Sorry the lightning video is sideways...

GOLDEN SCREAMS:
    I didn't wait around until the next showing of Golden Screams, but the outside overlay is pretty nice. Minimal, but nice. I really like the little entryway

...Well, that's it. I've got TONS of more photos of the HalloweenTime goings-on, but I think I've already posted plenty. If you want anymore, let me know, or if you want a specific photo in high-res for a desktop or anything, let me know

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-02-2006 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Adding a couple more pics, fixing grammar/spelling errors, ADDED VIDEO!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Magnificent & Marvelous

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30: Disney's HalloweenTime Run-Down - Both parks and tons of phot

Thanks for sharing your photos! It's always great to see lots of pics!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30: Disney's HalloweenTime Run-Down - Both parks and tons of photos!

Wow! One of your best photo reports so far! Great work!

• Senior Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30: Disney's HalloweenTime Run-Down - Both parks and tons of photos!

You captured alot of the different Pumpkins around that no one else has yet. Thanks for the report, MG. Love the Maleficent and Mickey Pumpkins!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

great photos

thank you

• Don't mess with the duck!

I did not realize the Mickey floral at the entrance had all the mini-pumkins in it for his face. Kewl! Is it me, or does Mickey look more like a raccoon, though? The land pumpkins are also a nice touch. Thanks for all the great pics!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    I did not realize the Mickey floral at the entrance had all the mini-pumkins in it for his face. Kewl! Is it me, or does Mickey look more like a raccoon, though? The land pumpkins are also a nice touch. Thanks for all the great pics!
    I thought he was going as Batman this year!! ahahha

Great post MG!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Added two video clips to the OP - they aren't the best and theres no audio but it's somethin'

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Thanks SO much for the pictures, those were GREAT! I wish I was able to see the park in person, but this sure helps! =)

Smitty

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Excellent photos!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Resident DL'er

Thanks for the pics Gracey!

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Great Pictures ---It looks like they went all out this year

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Those pics are the awesome.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• The one, the only...

I like the lamp posts for TOT! I really don't see anything Halloween about them. They could be there all year! I think they look great enough to enjoy all year.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!