Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Lost in Wonderland

Re: "High School Musical Pep Rally" Exclusive Preview (VIDEO!)

It's only a rehearsal (that's not meant to be seen). So you can't judge it until it actually premieres. Maybe they were tired (from an 11 hour day) or sick and just having a bad day. That's why it's a rehearsal, so they can practice and improve things. And I'm sure there's more than one female lead, so you'll have alternates.

On another note, does anyone know who the people are inside Disney who coreograph/ direct the shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    It may not be where it was intended to be seen, but that doesn't mean she's going to sound lower pitched or on key when we're closer. For that matter, I kinda doubt inside "Greetings from California" was where it was intended to be seen/heard as well. From closer it may look better and sound clearer, but it's not going to change her pitch / key.
    Inside Greetings certainly isn't where it's intended to be seen, but it does stop directly in front of the store. Area music is turned off during parades, obviously, and parade audio is sufficiently loud to be heard inside the store without much (if any) distortion. Maybe it was because I wasn't actively paying attention to what was going on outside, or maybe I'm not as picky as you are.

I'd say take a listen to the video clip if you want to hear what we're hearing, because by the comments on the video, apparently a few others believe her to be high pitched and off-key as well.
    My thoughts on this are the same as a few others on this board; I refuse to jump through your hoops to view your videos. Personally, I'm not going to watch your videos as long as they're marked as being private. I would go into why, but I would probably be accused of a personal attack if I did so.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    It's only a rehearsal (that's not meant to be seen). So you can't judge it until it actually premieres. Maybe they were tired (from an 11 hour day) or sick and just having a bad day. That's why it's a rehearsal, so they can practice and improve things. And I'm sure there's more than one female lead, so you'll have alternates.
    Yeah... I can't wait to see it with an actual crowd, and not just non-performing Entertainment Cast Members and curious onlookers from other departments. Like Block Party, it seems like it would be better with Guests actively participating.

I forgot to mention that I did get to see it from outside the store after I clocked out Monday night. I noticed that the female performer did sound at times like she was out of breath, but honestly, I would be too if I did what she did.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Inside Greetings certainly isn't where it's intended to be seen, but it does stop directly in front of the store. Area music is turned off during parades, obviously, and parade audio is sufficiently loud to be heard inside the store without much (if any) distortion. Maybe it was because I wasn't actively paying attention to what was going on outside, or maybe I'm not as picky as you are.
    I wouldn't say I'm picky, I just have an ear for vocal quality which comes from voice training. I can easily tell when someones voice is being strained and even slight differences in pitch. It's why I have a hard time with most of the actors from Turtle Talk with Crush. The last one I saw had a regular speaking voice with a much higher pitch than Crush's and I could hear him straining to lower his pitch when he wasn't talking in Turtle Lingo. That ruined it for me. ( I have video of this particular show here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyU8O5UOs70 )

My thoughts on this are the same as a few others on this board; I refuse to jump through your hoops to view your videos. Personally, I'm not going to watch your videos as long as they're marked as being private. I would go into why, but I would probably be accused of a personal attack if I did so.
    That's ok. The current system is working just fine considering over 300 people from this site alone are now on my YouTube friends list, and this number is increasing heavily every day. I especially get a lot of PM's from people who originally didn't want to jump through hoops, but realized how painless it was and are now watching all my videos old and new (Which are now over 100). I don't plan to switch the system back because if I did it would be like letting the terrorists win.

Yeah... I can't wait to see it with an actual crowd, and not just non-performing Entertainment Cast Members and curious onlookers from other departments. Like Block Party, it seems like it would be better with Guests actively participating.
    The difference between HSM and BPB in this case is that noone in BPB sings, and thus there really are no vocals to be judging. I'm reserving final judgement until the show premieres, but being so close to opening, there really is very little that can be done. By this point the show is basically set in stone.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Minion

I DCA and hope one day it will actually be worth the $68 admission price.
    Slightly off topic here but it's only about $50 to enter either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea, and both are completely worth their respective ticket prices.

And now back to your regular topic...
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

That's ok. The current system is working just fine considering over 300 people from this site alone are now on my YouTube friends list, and this number is increasing heavily every day. I especially get a lot of PM's from people who originally didn't want to jump through hoops, but realized how painless it was and are now watching all my videos old and new (Which are now over 100). I don't plan to switch the system back because if I did it would be like letting the terrorists win.
    Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite. Implementing the system to begin with was letting the terrorists, i.e. those that made the negative comments towards you, win.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite. Implementing the system to begin with was letting the terrorists, i.e. those that made the negative comments towards you, win.

Um... they can no longer watch my videos which they were all gaga for ( 50,000 views in 2 days )... how exactly does that make them win?
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

They terrorized you into changing your behavior. Rather than maintaining the status quo, you now have security measures in place to shield you from further potential hurtful comments. Trading freedom for security.

Your "sources" are flat out wrong. Block Party isn't going anywhere for a very long time. HSM is just another parades production, and kudos to DLR Entertainment for creating another daytime show for a park sorely lacking in good staged entertainment (BPB notwithstanding, of course).

A friend of mine is in HSM and BPB, and yes, most of the cast dances in BPB. This does give them a full 8 hour day, which is unusual for a parades CM. So they're happy about it. Just thought I'd clear that up for ya.

• The Happiest Cynic

They terrorized you into changing your behavior. Rather than maintaining the status quo, you now have security measures in place to shield you from further potential hurtful comments. Trading freedom for security.
    They're free videos, what exactly are you complaining about? Registering on a website isn't "jumping through hoops", it takes like 10 seconds. Crikey, people will moan about anything, won't they?

Thanks for the update Sadako. Glad this is in DCA, though, and not DL.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Ah, but you see I actually have more freedom and control now than ever. I'm free to choose who gets the privilege to watch my videos at the click of a button. For example, last week someone was very vocal about how he considered my videos / pictures to be demeaning. With one simple click, he no longer has to worry because he doesn't have access to them anymore. Plus the fact that even though you complain about the hoops, the fact is, having my videos set to private makes my work a lot simpler rather than harder. I don't have to worry about stuff like comment moderation or embedding, it's all set up automatically on private videos. If I wanted to have all my videos suddenly public, it would actually take hours upon hours of work.

Nevermind the fact that signing up isn't as complicated as you make it seem. You fill out one simple form and PM me the username. It takes a total of 2 - 3 minutes and you no longer have to worry about any susequent videos. You're good to go for the remainder.

In the end, when I started the video projects I intended them to be solely for Micechatters. It's a service I provide to this site because of my love for this community and the people in it. Before the incident, I didn't even know other people were watching them and that's not what I wanted to begin with. So you see, I still have my absolute freedom and more importantly full control which oddly enough brings with it security as well. It looks like I got to have my cake and eat it too.
    Julie Rei

. For example, last week someone was very vocal about how he considered my videos / pictures to be demeaning.
    Let's not take things out of content now.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Let's not take things out of content now.
    I guess that would make us both victims of misinterpretation.

I'm just sayin'...
    Julie Rei

• Banned User

Your always at the spot at the right time, Julie! Good work!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast