Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• That Guy

Re: "High School Musical Pep Rally" Exclusive Preview (VIDEO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    No kidding... not only is her voice annoyingly high, but she seems to be out of breath and struggling to speak a lot... and don't even get me started on when she (attempts) to sing. No wonder DCA has no glass stores like in DL...

That seems kind of harsh... As an aspiring voice performer, I would think you would be more supportive of someone else who is where you hope to be some day. But that's just me.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    That seems kind of harsh... As an aspiring voice performer, I would think you would be more supportive of someone else who is where you hope to be some day. But that's just me.
    I actually don't hope to be anywhere near where she is. I'm not a singer nor have I ever aspired or pretended to be one. My rightful place is in a booth, not a stage. Voice Acting and Singing are very different arts that although use some of the same vocal control techniques, aspire for very different results.

And I'm not being harsh at all, I'm just giving my honest opinion. Which in the end is just that, an opinion.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• That Guy

I wouldn't say I'm picky......

I don't plan to switch the system back because if I did it would be like letting the terrorists win.

You wouldn't say you're picky? All I have seen are picky, negative comments about someone who is trying to bring joy to people at the resort. One might think you're jealous..

Letting the terrorists win? What in the world does that mean? Somehow you're equating terrorism with people giving you a hard time for your little videos? Really?

• Mexihick, y'all

My rightful place is in a booth

The best ones are at Arby's.

• That Guy

I actually don't hope to be anywhere near where she is. I'm not a singer nor have I ever aspired or pretended to be one. My rightful place is in a booth, not a stage. Voice Acting and Singing are very different arts that although use some of the same vocal control techniques, aspire for very different results.

And I'm not being harsh at all, I'm just giving my honest opinion. Which in the end is just that, an opinion.
    I appreciate what you're saying, but I guess I'm just saying, there must be times where you're not at your best, and someone could walk by, hear you, and just label you as not having talent, when the reality is, maybe you're just having a rough day, maybe you just woke up, etc.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    The best ones are at Arby's.

Those are nice, with a tasty Jamocha Mocha shake!!!!!!

Here is my lucky booth!!! you can totally see my initials if you look hard.

• A New Kind Of Villain

You wouldn't say you're picky? All I have seen are picky, negative comments about someone who is trying to bring joy to people at the resort. One might think you're jealous..

Letting the terrorists win? What in the world does that mean? Somehow you're equating terrorism with people giving you a hard time for your little videos? Really?
    No, I'm not picky. If all we do is conform to what we have then there's no room for improvement or evolution. I'm just honest about what I hear/see and give my suggestions accordingly. And obviously TDA is in fact listening as our picky, negative comments about the Dream Squad's priority standing area for Fantasmic! got their plans tweaked thanks in part to what we told the manager. Let me also add that from what I heard, the male singer for the pep rally is quite talented. I have nothing at all negative to say about what I heard from his lungs during this short preview.

Jealous? Not at all. I'm a voice actress, not a singer. If I were jealous, you'd hear me spout negativity about Corey Burton's extensive narrations throughout the Resort (which quite the opposite, I think fit in quite nicely. He's one of the most talented voice actors alive today). That is where I aspire to be one day.

As for the terrorism comment... a certain someone knows why I said that... it wasn't my personal comparison to begin with.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Mexihick, y'all

... a certain someone knows why I said that..

SNEAKY SNEAKY!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

What is up with everybody always harping on Sadako's threads? If you don't like a photo, or the way she presents her videos, then back up.

Yeah, its a free country, and you're allowed to do and say what you want, but so is Sadako.

Give it a rest, people. Let the lady do what she does for us in this community and stop nagging her!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    What is up with everybody always harping on Sadako's threads? If you don't like a photo, or the way she presents her videos, then back up.

Yeah, its a free country, and you're allowed to do and say what you want, but so is Sadako.

Give it a rest, people. Let the lady do what she does for us in this community and stop nagging her!
    I'm with you Master Gracey. She has the right to her opinions and to post her videos the way she wants.

I was classically trained in ballet, jazz, modern, and tap. I do not have the body for dance. Just because I do not make my living in the dance world does not mean that I can not evaluate others performances.

As I understand it, Sadako has considerable vocal training so the ability to evaluate goes the same for Sadako.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

I don't think it's good to say negative things about something that wasn't even supposed to be seen and was not the final, finished product. Maybe she didn't intend her post to seem negative, but that is the impression I get. Sure she is free to post her own opinions, but I hope she keeps in mind the influence it can have. It's like pointing out the bad things before someone gets to experience it for themselves. It can then lessen their enjoyment, as when they finally get to see it, they may be "distracted" by these things they would normally not notice. And since High School Musical Pep Rally has not officially premiered, I'd hate to see anyone turned off based on someone's comments about a rehearsal.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I don't think it's good to say negative things about something that wasn't even supposed to be seen and was not the final, finished product. Maybe she didn't intend her post to seem negative, but that is the impression I get. Sure she is free to post her own opinions, but I hope she keeps in mind the influence it can have. It's like pointing out the bad things before someone gets to experience it for themselves. It can then lessen their enjoyment, as when they finally get to see it, they may be "distracted" by these things they would normally not notice. And since High School Musical Pep Rally has not officially premiered, I'd hate to see anyone turned off based on someone's comments about a rehearsal.

First of all, if they fix it before it premieres then there's nothing to notice. And my comments were only on the girls vocal performance (which I got more than an earful of), something that's not likely to change in the span of 4 days. I reserve my commentary on the show as a whole until I see it this weekend. I never said anything negative about the show itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    I'm actually looking forward to this event opening on Friday (10/6/06) given I happen to be a High School Musical fan.
    What part of that previous statement is so hard to understand?

I'd really appreciate it if people stopped putting words in my mouth.
    Julie Rei

• Mexihick, y'all

Does it hurt when people put words in your mouth? Do they put them in one by one, or do they just shove a bunch in at once, making your cheeks stretch a bit?

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Does it hurt when people put words in your mouth? Do they put them in one by one, or do they just shove a bunch in at once, making your cheeks stretch a bit?
    Family Board!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast