Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: "High School Musical Pep Rally" Exclusive Preview (VIDEO!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami View Post
    Glad this is in DCA, though, and not DL.
    Crikey, people will moan about anything DCA does, won't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Ah, but you see I actually have more freedom and control now than ever. I'm free to choose who gets the privilege to watch my videos at the click of a button. For example, last week someone was very vocal about how he considered my videos / pictures to be demeaning. With one simple click, he no longer has to worry because he doesn't have access to them anymore.
    Wow... so if someone disagrees with you and your band of followers, they're denied access? How... totalitarian.
    Plus the fact that even though you complain about the hoops, the fact is, having my videos set to private makes my work a lot simpler rather than harder. I don't have to worry about stuff like comment moderation or embedding, it's all set up automatically on private videos. If I wanted to have all my videos suddenly public, it would actually take hours upon hours of work.
    Or you could just take the advice that others have given you and not worry about what sort of comments others make about you. "Like water off a duck's back," as they say.
    Nevermind the fact that signing up isn't as complicated as you make it seem. You fill out one simple form and PM me the username. It takes a total of 2 - 3 minutes and you no longer have to worry about any susequent videos. You're good to go for the remainder.
    But then, I don't have the freedom to post comments as I please, lest I get my access revoked. Of course all the comments you see agree with you; the people who have the ability to post them are screened by you.
    In the end, when I started the video projects I intended them to be solely for Micechatters. It's a service I provide to this site because of my love for this community and the people in it. Before the incident, I didn't even know other people were watching them and that's not what I wanted to begin with. So you see, I still have my absolute freedom and more importantly full control which oddly enough brings with it security as well. It looks like I got to have my cake and eat it too.
    It's not your freedom that was lost. It was that of those who wanted to be able to anonymously view your videos, and register only if they wanted to comment. I realize not being able to view your videos isn't really a big deal, but that line of reasoning is becoming increasingly prevalant in our society and our government, and that worries me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    What is up with everybody always harping on Sadako's threads? If you don't like a photo, or the way she presents her videos, then back up.

Yeah, its a free country, and you're allowed to do and say what you want, but so is Sadako.

Give it a rest, people. Let the lady do what she does for us in this community and stop nagging her!
    My initial entry into this thread wasn't meant so much as an attack on Sadako, but more in defense of the performers, who technically are my fellow DCA Cast Members.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    I was classically trained in ballet, jazz, modern, and tap. I do not have the body for dance. Just because I do not make my living in the dance world does not mean that I can not evaluate others performances.

As I understand it, Sadako has considerable vocal training so the ability to evaluate goes the same for Sadako.
    Perhaps this is true, but you wouldn't evaluate a rehersal that you weren't meant to see, and from about a hundred or so meters away from the intended viewing area now, would you? A dress rehersal, on the other hand, can be more properly evaluated.

I didn't stick around for last night's rehersal, but they were actually in costume this time, and not just t-shirts and shorts.

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Crikey, people will moan about anything DCA does, won't they?

My initial entry into this thread wasn't meant so much as an attack on Sadako, but more in defense of the performers, who technically are my fellow DCA Cast Members.
    Ah, that explains a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Wow... so if someone disagrees with you and your band of followers, they're denied access? How... totalitarian.

But then, I don't have the freedom to post comments as I please, lest I get my access revoked. Of course all the comments you see agree with you; the people who have the ability to post them are screened by you.
    It's not your freedom that was lost. It was that of those who wanted to be able to anonymously view your videos, and register only if they wanted to comment. I realize not being able to view your videos isn't really a big deal, but that line of reasoning is becoming increasingly prevalant in our society and our government, and that worries me a bit.
    This is so hilarious, because of how much of an over-reaction it is!!

There are two ways of looking at Sadako's choice of restricting access to her videos:
    1) They are personal and private property, and thus just as she has a choice in whom she invites into her home and shows her photo albums to, she has a choice in who sees her videos. Because her "friends" are scattered far and wide (and she has so many ), she posts those personal videos on the internet, similar to how my extended family now has their photo albums online, and sends a link to each person who is allowed to see it. YES ABSOLUTELY, if she doesn't like you or your attitude or your snarky comments, it is more than reasonable that she chooses to not invite that person to view her personal property again! She's not REQUIRED to share, and she's not doing this for money; if she were selling these videos, she would probably expect positive and negative comments, but she's sharing them with friends! No one here has a "right" to see them!

or, conversely, maybe you're seeing it this way:
    2) They are just videos, no big deal, not that personal. If you think that way, then what's the big deal? Skip her threads, move on. Change the "channel" and watch something else on YouTube. Again, if you don't like the "invite only" system, you can watch anyone else's videos.

Honestly, this is the most "much ado about nothing" that I can imagine...
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• Mexihick, y'all

This all makes me want to poop.

• That Guy

For example, last week someone was very vocal about how he considered my videos / pictures to be demeaning.
    I don't know how to tap dance, perhaps you do.

If you're referring to my outrage when you posted an image last week where you posed in a position that would lead a reasonable person to feel you were making fun of people with retardation, then you're spot on. I would also note that I had a great deal of company with me, who also felt it was beyond poor form.

Interesting how on one hand you complain about kicking a dead horse, yet you make reference to these things as it benefits you.

• Mexihick, y'all

Ack! Winky clearly indicates Sadako is hitting on you!!! Where is Hakuna Makarla's dating service when you need it!?

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    This all makes me want to poop.
    Are you making fun of people suffering from incontinence? First the mentally retarded and now this?? Shame on you!

• Big Member

The best ones are at Arby's.
    Nah, I prefer the one's where you need to deposit a quarter to keep the movie going.

• Big Member

Sadako! Thanks for the tip! However I agree with Goin2Disneyland, because that person is the bomb-dig-idy!

P.S. How come I can't view your videos ?

• Golden Girls Fan Club

I hug Goin2Disneyland on a regular basis and he/she/it speaks the truth.

Pete, I see no videos either. I have seen yours, however, and they were filthy.

• Waiting Since 1992

SNEAKY SNEAKY!!!
    sounds more like being passive aggressive to me....

• Big Member

Quote Originally Posted by suttytx View Post
    Pete, I see no videos either. I have seen yours, however, and they were filthy.
    That's not fair! "That" video was not of mother and I.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    sounds more like being passive aggressive to me....
    You win!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    What is up with everybody always harping on Sadako's threads? If you don't like a photo, or the way she presents her videos, then back up.

Yeah, its a free country, and you're allowed to do and say what you want, but so is Sadako.

Give it a rest, people. Let the lady do what she does for us in this community and stop nagging her!
    I don't really see how anyone is "always harping" on her threads, but I do however I know many people have enough common sense to realize that despite her popularity it does not give her the right to make fun of others only to entertain some.

It absolutly is a free country which is why just like Sadako, myself and other can post our own opinion too in a public forum. Provided we stay within the guidelines of MC and basic social etiquette. If one can dish out criticism then expect it in return.

I would never nag anyone for merely posting their opinon, but that does still give me the right to disagree and/or be offended.

As a matter of fact I did/do enjoy her posts for what they were but unlike others, who want to defend and praise her for posting whatever she thinks will entertain the masses. I find one picture objectional (and I am not the only one) and suddenly I can no longer be included in her inner-circle of "friends" or take part of private video links posted in a public board. Oh well, the beat still goes on.

I love how so many threads can be beat to death yet no one seems to mind, but if your arguement or defense has no real basis, the other person is accused of beating a dead horse or nagging. Yet the same people ranting about the dead issue, can then reference the dead issue again help their point later.

Whatever...I thought this thread was about HSM at DCA. In that case I will hold my judgement on it till I see it.

• That Guy

Uhh, I love everybody!!!

Migo, remember how we met!! ( I STILL have your watch band indented in my back, you little devil...)

The Lord loves you!

And the Lord loves you!

You... make the Lord very nervous...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast