Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

"High School Musical Pep Rally" Exclusive Preview (VIDEO!)

Earlier tonight as I left Disneyland after the extended hours (around 11:00 pm), I heard a particular tune reach my ears. Suddenly I asked myself... "Why do I hear 'Stick to the Status Quo' in the Promenade?". As I went through the gates, I had my answer. In the horizon, I noticed a huge sign that said 'High School Musical' and immediately ran to investigate.

Take a look as I run to DCA's gates to investigate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfaFqKIeEuM

Apparently they were rehearsing for the new 'High School Musical Pep Rally' in Sunshine Plaza. Reports tell me that this event might eventually replace Block Party Bash. After viewing this rehearsal, it makes sense. The Pep Rally runs the same way Block Party Bash does. There are show stops where they go through a full routine, inciting the crowd to join in on the dancing and singing. The cast seems to be very small. In the most, half the size of Block Party Bash, which leads me to believe these are in fact performers from Block Party Bash taking on this new parade. When the casting call went out for the Pep Rally they only cast the lead male and female roles. Also, let me quickly note that the female lead seems rather lacking from this 5 minute preview as her singing voice isn't very strong and in the little she does sing, you can hear her crack. Back to my original point, this Pep Rally seems to be in a way a budget cut from BPB given they seem to have the same performers, but they cut over half the cast. Something rather sad given that Parades are the lowest paid CM's in the park.

Take a look at this exclusive preview from your video princess - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA-VOPrDW8Q

I'm actually looking forward to this event opening on Friday (10/6/06) given I happen to be a High School Musical fan. Unfortunately I don't like the idea of this being a replacement rather than an addition. It seems everything in DCA is being done minimalistically and I don't see why. DCA needs to more events to draw people in and maybe one day actually make it a full-day park. Plus they aren't even given us the best they can do. All current entertainment in DCA is very low budget and it shows. Golden Screams and Tower of Terror Halloween Storytelling both have zero re-view value. I have yet to be wow'd and I really do want to. I DCA and hope one day it will actually be worth the $68 admission price.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Banned User

Re: "High School Musical Pep Rally" Exclusive Preview (VIDEO!)

well, parkhopping and APs will love to have there ears cleaned by that LOUD off key noise... when she sings...

great video, lucky..
    (It's better than the 5 performaers we got, probably same routeen..)

Now it's official, I can no longer enter DCA durring day-time hours. Or maybe I'll just have to perfect hiding out in the Animation Building until the sun sets.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the videos Sadako. It is cool to get a sneak peek at something that has not officially started yet. Its quite the scoop!

• Banned User

they built a temporary stage in tommorrowland at WDW and as figment said they have a cast of 5 for this 20 minute show. it runs almost hourly including during the afternoon parade which is unusual since they want everyone on mainstreet. have they started the princess academy yet? actually in WDW it's not really a princess academy as a " grand ball" party . the "hostess' was the fairgod mother in cinderellabration. it's very campy here.

• Defeats the Huns

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Reports tell me that this event might eventually replace Block Party Bash.
    For the die hard Block Party Bash fans, this news isn't true. It won't be REPLACING Block Party.. it's just an additional entertainment offering.

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see it in person. Have heard so much good stuff about the Rally.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang View Post
    For the die hard Block Party Bash fans, this news isn't true. It won't be REPLACING Block Party.. it's just an additional entertainment offering.

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see it in person. Have heard so much good stuff about the Rally.
    Thanks for that good news I was so worried I wanted to cry, I love Block Party and all my friends in it!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    well, parkhopping and APs will love to have there ears cleaned by that LOUD off key noise... when she sings...
    No kidding... not only is her voice annoyingly high, but she seems to be out of breath and struggling to speak a lot... and don't even get me started on when she (attempts) to sing. No wonder DCA has no glass stores like in DL...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Sadako, spare me

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    No kidding... not only is her voice annoyingly high, but she seems to be out of breath and struggling to speak a lot... and don't even get me started on when she (attempts) to sing. No wonder DCA has no glass stores like in DL...
    You do have to realize you weren't viewing/hearing it from where it was intended to be viewed/heard. I was inside Greetings from California when the rehersal was going on. I didn't see all of it, because I had work to do, but I didn't notice anybody with an "annoyingly high" voice.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    You do have to realize you weren't viewing/hearing it from where it was intended to be viewed/heard. I was inside Greetings from California when the rehersal was going on. I didn't see all of it, because I had work to do, but I didn't notice anybody with an "annoyingly high" voice.
    It may not be where it was intended to be seen, but that doesn't mean she's going to sound lower pitched or on key when we're closer. For that matter, I kinda doubt inside "Greetings from California" was where it was intended to be seen/heard as well. From closer it may look better and sound clearer, but it's not going to change her pitch / key.

I'd say take a listen to the video clip if you want to hear what we're hearing, because by the comments on the video, apparently a few others believe her to be high pitched and off-key as well.
    Julie Rei

• Banned User

Awesome!

I don't get the video. It says its private
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

Sadako - your simply amazing. I love all the personal videos and pictures you bring to MiceChat.

It makes my day that much more special. Thanks!

• Up is Down

I really had no problem with her singing even though she does hit a few wrong notes but her "Happy voice" is annoying and fake sounding.... thats just me though.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast