Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +MORE

LOOKING FOR HALLOWEENTIME? Check out my HalloweenTime thread, instead!

Well, with all of the HalloweenTime hoopla going on around the parks, its easy to forget about the rest. As we all know, Tomorrowland in the middle of a revival, and if theres any indication of where that troubled land is headed, look no further than the newly re-named Tomorrowland Terrace, and the new TomorrowLanding store- both nodding to Tomorrowland's past, while certainly looking forward, here's hoping the plussing and revival of Tomorrowland doesnt stop there... And don't forget about the former Le Bat En Rouge in New Orleans Square. The new store, called Port Roayl is now open for business, and although the remodel and merch offerings seem a bit half-a**ed compared to the Peices of Eight remodel a few months back, it's a nice little shop. Oh, and if you're in the mood for merch - then thank the Year of a Million Dreams - cause all your merch dreams are coming true this year!

Let's get to it:

GIFTS FROM OUTER AND LIQUID SPACE!
    The new TomorrowLanding store is out from behind construction walls. Although it's not open yet, all walls and tarps are down, and the storefront looks great!

The signage at night:

STAR TRADER
    The Star Trader was closed earlier this year for big rehab, but it looks like they're tweaking, adding, or changing something... they've got a wall section moving around the store...

CLUB BUZZ - TOMORROWLAND TERRACE!
    I never thought I'd ever be this happy to see this stage. Ever.

The back of the stage has the Tomorrowland Terrace logo on it in shiny blue:

Jedi Training Academy posters and ads...

My only irk is that if they really want this to be a complete transformation, they need to re-theme the ENTIRE facility. Theres still a lot of bronze and '98 colors lurking around by the food counter area and in the main dining area... Hopefully, this is gonna get out of there soon. And the menu frames - yikes. They should have never been designed like that to begin with, get them out of there!

TOMORROWLAND TERRACE STAGE AT NIGHT:
    Suburban Legends was playing. I know they have a decent following here on MiceChat, but I had never seen them before. I must say, I was rather impressed!

The back and sides of the stage have neat designs too:

...As for the rest of Tomorrowland, work continues over by the Monorail platform and old Winner's Circle area:

Speaking of Winner's Circle... the DMV photo booth for your Autopia license has been moved over to the Innoventions area by Autopia FastPass machines:

And a peek at Sub work:

YEAR OF A MILLION BILLION MERCHANDISE OPPORTUNITIES
    Aside from the otherwise typical tourist shirts that the Year of a Million Dreams machine is cranking out, loads of new retro merch (mostly in girl designs though), and some upscale designs for men and women (stuff Peoplemover1 called "for the golf club crowd") is hitting the shelves - and its really nice. An interesting note: I did not see a "Disney Parks" shirt in a single store inside either park. Granted, I didn't go to any store, but Star Trader - where the shirts were notoriously initially spotted at, no longer has them. And I didn't see any at World of Disney or in Greetings from California at DCA. Peoplemover1 asked a CM, and they claimed it must've been a misprint, and were supposed to be for Walt Disney World, since they have four parks... but in all honesty, the CM didnt seem like they knew what to say, so the first thing that came to their mind, came out. Interesting, though, that DisneyParks is no longer around, huh?

The Emporium had very little 50th merch left on Saturday, and a huge Year of a Million Dreams display was up where 50th and Pirates stuff used to be in charge:

Does anybody else think that Mickey looks like... erm, Elton John, in his sparkly new blue tux?

The back of the display has Minnie:

A light-up display... Its actually pretty nice... but such fancy lightup displays are a bit jarring in turn-of-the-century Main Street locales tough, no? Better suited for World of Disney, maybe?

New hats:

Stickers, scrapbooking stuff:

Silver is the new gold. Instead of gold ears, you'll be seeing silver:

All your dreams come true in silver ears...

New sweater, front and back:

New "retro" merch, that was first introduced during the 50th is out. All of the previous "retro" icons that were on the old retro merch are different now, except for Tink at the Castle. We've got Skull Rock and the Skyway in Fantasyland now, a mermaid and sub and the House of the Future in Tomorrowland, and the Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland... It's really nice stuff! And instead of blue retro - its now green!

New retro board games - $15/each (the Monorail and Fantasyland board games are still available as well):

All of the new Disneyland 'crest' merch is here too - or what peoplemover1 called the stuff for the "golf club crowd"

The big Castle rotating globe in the Emporium is no longer dressed up for the 50th:

The jewlery cases in the hallway through the back of the Main Street shops no longer bear the 50th logo:

And Disneyana now has a $125 men's limited edition button-down silk shirt. It's kind of ugly in my opinion, but not sure how the rest of you feel about it:

The shirt itself is made of material with Mickey designed directly into it:

PORT ROYAL
    I was hoping this store would live up to it's "curos and curiosities" slogan painted outside, but alas, it does not. Strangely, theres a mix of Billabong and Paul Frank tees mixed in with the Pirates merch. And the themeing is really nothing great, compared to the great Peices of Eight remodel that took place a few months ago:

Have these little people been ...hanged?!

Leftover display rack from Le Bat En Rouge:

THIS AND THAT:

Good-bye golden Storybook Land lighthouse:

The Golden Horseshoe is open again:

The menu isn't much different from what I remember, and still, unfortunately, isn't anything to brag about...

Disney's Vault 28 is coming along nicely:

Caught the Fireworks from coming from the Tower of Terror:

...And a final look at the 50th Castle...

...Allllrighty... that should do it.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-02-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +MORE

TOMORROWLAND TERRACE LOOKS GREAT!!!
    Great Pics. Thanks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +MORE

great photos! thanks for sharing
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Good to see work on Tomorrowland is progressing nicely!! Thanks for the update!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

And Disneyana now has a $125 men's limited edition button-down silk shirt. It's kind of ugly in my opinion, but not sure how the rest of you feel about it:
    I bought one.
    Mike

• Don't mess with the duck!

AWE-SUM pics! Tomorrowland Terrace does indeed look fantastic. Maybe they'll start on bringing back another terrace? (a guy can dream). Thanks so much for taking pics of all the new merchandise, cool stuff.

• Cast Member

Let's call it what it actually is. hehe

That "crest" looking "golf crowd" product is actually called "Upscale". Both the clothes mentioned and the souvenier stuff next to the new retro items.

There was a similar line as well when the 50th stuff came out and it was tad fancier than the usual tourist junk. It had gold seals and lots of gold in general and sold out quick or they never made enough. Whatever the case was, just glad to see the old stuff gone!

Bye.

Talking Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I have had to learn to keep my mouth shut about shirts like this. I personally don't like it but I can't be sure if my dad will or not. I opened my mouth a couple weeks ago about an ugly grumpy shirt that my wife and I had jokingly said we would get my dad for his birthday. Within seconds of me opening my mouth my mom was racing upstairs so she could show me that my dad had the shirt that we were laughing about. He told us it was his favorite shirt.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

The logo on the back of TT looks awesome. Walked right by it on Saturday.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that my mom will buy this hat. Great pics!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Oooo! The new clothing actually looks quite cool.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    I bought one.
    I thought I saw someone in the Gumball Rally pictures wearing this shirt! haha It is silk!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Silent Lucidity

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +

The menu from the Golden Horseshoe seems the same to me also! I thought they were getting an upgrade?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/30 Pt. 2: Tomorrowland, Year of a BILLION Merch Ops, Port Royal, +

Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound View Post
    The menu from the Golden Horseshoe seems the same to me also! I thought they were getting an upgrade?
    Was the ice cream on there before? The bread bowl chili? I know the rest of it was the same.
    Mike

• Can Only Wish For More!

WAIT!
    WAIT!
    WAIT!
    WAIT!
    WAIT!

Fireworks coming from ToT?!?!?!?!

Can someone explain?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast