Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lilo And Stitch Ride

Remeber when stitch'sgreatescape101 talked about this well now it's back. So the point i guess the best places are DCA Adventureland and Tommrowland would be the best places for a Lilo And Stitch Ride anyone agree with me and does any know what it could be about?

• Minion

I haven't had a chance to ride this attraction at WDW, but from all accounts it really stinks and you'd be better off getting something else.

• The one, the only...

Thumbs up I have seen Stitch Escapes

I have to say that they just tried to use as much of the Alien Encounter they could when they put this ride together. It is not as good as AE. I think a totally new ride based on the movie is a good one. It would be more attractive to kids than the WDW ride. I say bring back AE.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I DO NOT MEAN MAKING A CLONE OF THAT TERRBLIE STITCH ESCAPE RIDE OK!

if your not talking about cloning something it's ussualy best to give some sort of at least general discription of what your talking about

or suggest brainstorming

the topic itself isn't really queing people into that

I've said that I could tolerate a Stitch Hawiian show in Adventureland but I can't really see a whole attraction being based on him

there just isn't enough to it really

• Minion

Well, IF a great concept came along, and it had Stitch attached to it, I'd ask if the ride would be good without Stitch, and if so, why not just build it without?

I really don't believe in putting the cart before the horse, or in this case, putting the character tie-in before the ride.

IF Stitch were to come here, since it's not Disney's Hawaiian Adventure, I'd say he has to stay out of DCA. And contemporary aliens are not very Tomorrow. Otherwise, why not just put him in Frontierland, with the old "Space, the final frontier" quote to justify it.

IF you have an attraction based on Stitch's Adventures, then Adventureland would be fine. I've liked the notion of letting him take part in a Tahitian Terrace revival, because unlike a ride, the Stitch element could be quickly removed if it proved unpopular. Otherwise, put Stitch in the old Motorboat Cruise and call it Island Hopping with Stitch, or find some other home for him in the vast non-European portion of Fantasyland, or put the toon in Toon Town.

But I don't think every ride has to have a tie-in, and those that do have a lot of proven classics like 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, and Mary Poppins to draw from before we approach Stitch in Anaheim.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

stitch has never been very toon esque

we all know there's more to the lands theme then the supposde name

Adventureland is of course the jungle and other tropical locations which I suppose could be called "adventurest" but the true theme is tropical foreign locations

Frontierland is of course not about any old frontier but in fact the American frontier

Toontown is about saturday morning goofy style toons not movie toons

anywho I don't mind character tie ins as much if the rides good, if the character doesn't hurt or help it I won't care about the character if the character adds to it it's alright I suppose (if it's not the overwhemling factor)

if the attraction leans on the character like a crutch I'm concerned

and if the character overwhems the entire thing and the attraction stinks well then I just hate it

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    stitch has never been very toon esque

we all know there's more to the lands theme then the supposde name

Adventureland is of course the jungle and other tropical locations which I suppose could be called "adventurest" but the true theme is tropical foreign locations

Frontierland is of course not about any old frontier but in fact the American frontier

Toontown is about saturday morning goofy style toons not movie toons
    Stitch IS a Toon, AND has a Saturday morning cartoon show. And it's far more fantasy than Casey Jr., Motorboat Cruise, or the old Fantasyland Autopia. And it's just as much a toon as Roger Rabit, if not moreso...

Swiss Family Robinson takes place near New Guinea, which is about as tropical as Stitch's home in Hawaii. Besides, that plaque you see before crossing into official Disney terriroty doesn't talk about a land of jungles and the American West. The land's name actually does summarize its theme. Nothing "supposed" about it.

And, of course, if you weren't aware, I was pointing out that putting Stitch in Frontierland is as much shattering that land's theme as putting it in Tomorrowland would. Stitch IS a Fantasy Toon who has Adventures, but is neither a Tomorrow character nor on any Frontier.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    I'd love to see you guys bickering in the pre 1983 Fantasyland whether Skull Rock and the Palm Trees with Hook's Restarant worked or whether it had to go to Adventureland.

When they took it out to do the European makeover a lot of people were upset. But "gotta cling tightly to that theme". NAW...

As long as the FL ride aka Mission to the Moon - Mission to Mars - Alien Encounter - Stitch's Great Escape, isn't cloned, I'll be happy.

Everyone says it's horrible. I see why, they are trying to re use an old attraction again and again rather than gutting the building and installing a new show.

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Stitch IS a Toon, AND has a Saturday morning cartoon show. And it's far more fantasy than Casey Jr., Motorboat Cruise, or the old Fantasyland Autopia. And it's just as much a toon as Roger Rabit, if not moreso...

Swiss Family Robinson takes place near New Guinea, which is about as tropical as Stitch's home in Hawaii. Besides, that plaque you see before crossing into official Disney terriroty doesn't talk about a land of jungles and the American West. The land's name actually does summarize its theme. Nothing "supposed" about it.

And, of course, if you weren't aware, I was pointing out that putting Stitch in Frontierland is as much shattering that land's theme as putting it in Tomorrowland would. Stitch IS a Fantasy Toon who has Adventures, but is neither a Tomorrow character nor on any Frontier.
    Toon as in the style of Roger Rabbit who was a throwback to the old school saturday morning chartoons, youknow all those corny gimmicks and style such as being blown up by dynamite or having stars or birdy's floating over your head if you don't know what I mean by this then try rewatching Roger Rabbit, Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry and Disney's Bonkers the Bobcat (all of them inspired Roger Rabbit except um Rogger rabbit himself and Bonkers was more of a sequal to Roger Rabbit o_o)

Stitch isn't really a "Toon" in the toontown since (though I suppose once his syndicated show hit he became pretty close since I think he gained the ability to pull a chainsaw out of nowere but I only saw the one direct to video sequal and even then it was only for a few minutes because the plot hurt my head and the animation burned my eyes and the characters spoke so slowly I thought they might have drugged the voice actors o_o)

I'm not dissagreeing that he could fit into adventureland, I've said myself that a show featuring hawaii dancers and such and emphasizes the hawian aspects of stitch would be fine (I was just stating that it seems to me that imagineers go by visual artistic since first before they go by the exact written deffinition which is good because as a work of art Disneyland's art should come first)

a Tomorrowland ride for Sitch isn't entirely implausable if they choose to emphasize the alien technology and the futuristic aspects of the story (yes I'm aware of the contemporary setting but there isn't a todayland and the alien tech does look like it could be from the future) the problem with emphasizing the alien aspects is that there just isn't ENOUGH to it there arn't any real villians left in the story Stitch is on earth without access to alot of it there's nothing interesting or exciting about the technology

and stitch is supposed to be our friend there just isn't enough FOR a ride

a small show with hawaiin dancers and stitch playing the gitar as an animatronic would be fine and fun but otherwise Stitch just doesn't bring enough for a ride

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I'd love to see you guys bickering in the pre 1983 Fantasyland whether Skull Rock and the Palm Trees with Hook's Restarant worked or whether it had to go to Adventureland.

When they took it out to do the European makeover a lot of people were upset. But "gotta cling tightly to that theme". NAW...

As long as the FL ride aka Mission to the Moon - Mission to Mars - Alien Encounter - Stitch's Great Escape, isn't cloned, I'll be happy.

Everyone says it's horrible. I see why, they are trying to re use an old attraction again and again rather than gutting the building and installing a new show.

that was more of a throwback to Peter Pan it was very fairytale esque

I think it's kinda old though I don't care to see it again the park is very nice looking without it (well from what I can tell from pictures)

as far as building on old infulstructure goes I don't really have a major problem with it if the infulstructure is solid or if you have a good idea on reworking it

the problem is that Stitch was very uninspired it was like the dove into it without having a good list of ideas on what needed to be done to bring it up another technological level, so instead they built something that was worse then Alien Encounter (which faced varied success but overall I think it was more impressive then Stitch just from what I've heard from people who saw both, Alien Encounter's horror aspect was it's weakness but horror's always been hit and miss)

it seems that with every revision Stitch Escape comes closer to being decent (from what I hear the projection effects help alot) but in the meantime they're gaining nothing but bad word of mouth by running it like this

it seems as though they should've sat around the table for a good while writing out all the plans they could think of to make the ride drasticaly different

the projector was a great idea, why wasn't it there at the start?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer

See, that's just my point. The HALF of Fantasyland that's European isn't actually very Fantasy. But someone just posted some vintage pics of the old Fantasyland, with the whimsical canrival theme and Skull Rock in the distance, and it looked so much more fanciful. I believe the word I chose to describe it was Lush.

If it were me, I'd probably keep the toon attractions where Walt had them -- only north of the Castle. The theme isn't Europeland, or even Grimmland or Fairytaleland, it's Fantasyland, and fantasy happens all over the globe, not just in Europe. If the theme's too narrow after the 83 makeover, widen it within reason.

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Toon as in the style of Roger Rabbit who was a throwback to the old school saturday morning chartoons, youknow all those corny gimmicks and style such as being blown up by dynamite or having stars or birdy's floating over your head if you don't know what I mean by this then try rewatching Roger Rabbit, Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry and Disney's Bonkers the Bobcat (all of them inspired Roger Rabbit except um Rogger rabbit himself and Bonkers was more of a sequal to Roger Rabbit o_o)

a Tomorrowland ride for Sitch isn't entirely implausable if they choose to emphasize the alien technology and the futuristic aspects of the story (yes I'm aware of the contemporary setting but there isn't a todayland and the alien tech does look like it could be from the future)...
    Toon Town is, literally, a town full of toons, with an industrial/downtown area, and a residential area. Residential areas get new neighbors all the time. And, considering previous Stitch publicity campaigns, I could see them doing a great Dennis the Menace-style "There's a new kid on the block" campaign with him wreaking havoc with the Old Toons.

But if you don't think it fits, then it REALLY doesn't fit in Tomorrowland. Aliens equal futuristic. In fact, aliens that drive spaceships with decorative fins and flock to the music of Elvis really scream retro 50s. The kind of FANTASY that harkens back to early Roswell.

A ride really has to fit within the literal THEME of the land, and then work on blending with the existing architecture. That's what facades are for.

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Stich has been so overexposed by the company that hes just lame now and his ride sucks.

• Minion

I think that's the beauty of either a) not doing a Stitch attraction at all, or b) doing a subtle Stitch addition to another attraction. Tahitian Terrace would be fun. One of the other ideas I liked was to create a Great Toon Ride with scenes from Disney classics, but to have Stitch interrupt the way he did in the classic ads. It's not ALL about Stitch, it's just an added layer to an already good ride.

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast