What About the Subs?

so, now that all of the press confrences are gone and done, what about the newly themed submarine lagoon attraction, you guys think thay'll announce on its own sometime in the next 2-3 months? thay didnt put up any true finding nemo graphics on the construction walls either. are we sure its going to be a nemo themed ride?

p.s(if it is a nemo themed ride)- the latest article on jim hill media gives away alot of the new ride scenes for the subs (not descriptively though), but says the REAL suprise will be the end scene. it says, and i qoute :"The moment in this soon-to-be-open Tomorrowland ride that's going to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Where you're going to experience something that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before ...". sounds pretty big, right? what do you think it could be?
    it must be some kind of an effect?

• The one, the only...

I think they will announce it soon!

The fact that we see so much activity in the submarine lagoon means that they are working on something. I think they are saving this for an announcement on July 17th! I have to say, though, it seems strange that the hint would say it would have your hair stand up. I wonder how they could say a Nemo themed ride could be that scary? :confused:
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687
    ...The moment in this soon-to-be-open Tomorrowland ride that's going to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Where you're going to experience something that has never ever happened to you in a Disney theme park attraction before ...". sounds pretty big, right? what do you think it could be?
    it must be some kind of an effect?
    This sounds like a hint at the effect in the "other Nemo" concept where the sub would be crushed by a giant squid and spring small leaks of water squirting at the guests inside. The lights go out and the sub is violently shaken before miraculously escaping. Perhaps they've worked this in somehow. Perhaps we're all thinking about the wrong Nemo? Perhaps someone is confused.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I'm just taking a stab at it, but I think we may get "stung" by jellyfish. Maybe we'll get a mild zap ; )
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• Rainicorn.

I don't know whether to trust Jim Hill or not. lol.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    This sounds like a hint at the effect in the "other Nemo" concept where the sub would be crushed by a giant squid and spring small leaks of water squirting at the guests inside. The lights go out and the sub is violently shaken before miraculously escaping. Perhaps they've worked this in somehow. Perhaps we're all thinking about the wrong Nemo? Perhaps someone is confused.
    Well, wasn't part of one of CAPTAIN Nemo's sub the fact that it had an electrified hull? Maybe the ride sends a mild electric shock through its guests, making their hair stand on end? It should be as simple as those little glass lightning balls they have at Spencer gifts.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Modhatter said:
    Well, wasn't part of one of CAPTAIN Nemo's sub the fact that it had an electrified hull? Maybe the ride sends a mild electric shock through its guests, making their hair stand on end? It should be as simple as those little glass lightning balls they have at Spencer gifts.
    Can you imagine the havoc that would cause if someone riding the ride had a pacemaker...
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• That's Hawt

Ka Zap! Ba Dum Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Can you imagine the havoc that would cause if someone riding the ride had a pacemaker...
    Eh... if they can survive the security towers at their local retail chain, this should be no different.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Michael at MIboards (who is a very reliable source) said regarding the press announcement of the subs was that they made the decision not to announce it on May 5th but the subs will in fact be announced on the 17th (probably at the official opening of Space Mountain)

Michael said this before the whole other Press thing and well it's true they haven't announced the subs so we'll need to watch for them to be announced this july

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Michael at MIboards (who is a very reliable source) said regarding the press announcement of the subs was that they made the decision not to announce it on May 5th but the subs will in fact be announced on the 17th (probably at the official opening of Space Mountain)

Michael said this before the whole other Press thing and well it's true they haven't announced the subs so we'll need to watch for them to be announced this july
    Hmm, well at least they are making the 17th a bigger thing now. Wonder what other suprises are in store.

Maybe we'd get swallowed by a whale like Marlin and Dory do in the movie? The jellyfish and other suggestions sound very possible, too.

• Banned User

They heard i was comming on the 17th all the way from fla.. so they wanted to keep it untill in could see a real press conference... hehe... (I might try to ask for a pass... I am a member of a coaster/thrill/themeparks news site...)