• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Photo Update: The Disney Gallery & "First 50 Magical Years"

The Disney Gallery and The Main Street Opera House have great new exhibits for the 50th. Here are my photos from yesterday. Sorry if some of the photos are blurry. I tried my best!

I changed out the previous photo of this sign below to one I took with a flash. The big glare part is still hard to read, but readable, unlike the completely blurry non-flash one. Too bad I didnt take a flash version of the others. Sorry folks!

Main Street Opera House: Disneyland -The First 50 Magical Years

My favorite "Happiest Faces" collage is at the Main Street Opera House.

A little Disney touch: Walt walking under the castle like he does in the famous photograph:

The Opening Day Disneyland model is amazing. You really have to see it in person. It's amazing.

And at the exit to the Steve Martin/Donald Duck film, theres a wall of current and future Disneyland new attractions, etc. Monsters Inc at DCA has officially been announced now with this:

Talk with Crush is coming too!

I highly reccomend seeing both of these 50th offerings. They're not to be missed!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-06-2005 at 04:30 PM.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    WOW- Thanks for the pics- some of those from the Disney Gallery are to die for???? Are any of them for sale? Do they have lithographs you can buy- my hubby would love the star tours mural.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

I think that will probably be one of my new favorites to the Park. Sure, I miss the original Walt Disney Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show, but this looks just too rich to pass up or criticize.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Rainicorn.

Thanks MG! I really enjoyed your pics (although I was sad to see that the last spiel board on the lands was blurry, but totally not your fault.) The model looks amazing, and I love the touch with Walt.

I can't wait to see it!! Thanks again.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Newbie.

MG, thanks for the update, I feel like I was there. You make being 1000 miles away not so hard to take. Thanks again
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Thanks MG! I really enjoyed your pics (although I was sad to see that the last spiel board on the lands was blurry, but totally not your fault.) The model looks amazing, and I love the touch with Walt.

I can't wait to see it!! Thanks again.
    Yeah, I was really upset with my shots of the signage. I tried my hardest, I even took a photo of a couple with flash, but of course theres a big ol' glare smack dab in the middle. There were also so many people (you cant tell in the photos, but there were) and I wanted to take the photos as best and as quickly as I could so I wouldnt be in other people's way... Not to mention, most of these blurry photos didnt look so blury/dark/bad on the little screen on my digital camera as they do now on the computer. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos... I'm going to see about going to back to Disneyland in a couple weeks after all the hype settles and I'll see about taking some clearer shots.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    WOW- Thanks for the pics- some of those from the Disney Gallery are to die for???? Are any of them for sale? Do they have lithographs you can buy- my hubby would love the star tours mural.
    For a print of the star wars mural is only 15 bucks! For a litho it was like 50.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    sweet! That is excellent to know that some of the artwork is reasonable priced. I may be redecorating........
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Best Buds

Fantasitc photo essay, MG!

That model of the park alone is worth the price of admission. Hmmm. Will it go with my monorail setup? Let me take it home to see. I'll bring it right back. Honest.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

>>WOW- Thanks for the pics- some of those from the Disney Gallery are to die for???? Are any of them for sale?<<

Amazingly, nearly every single painting displayed on their walls is available through print-on-demand!!! There are so many prints available that for the first time they have a thick notebook of images for guests to look through so they don't tie up the ordering screens.

• My arms are tired!

Thanks You Master Gracey! This is one of the things I am most looking forward to seeing in October. I have to say, the model looks really great and some of the concept art is spectacular! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007