Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Thrilled about DCA... for the first time!

I have to say I am thrilled about the ideas for DCA's make-over that Al revealed! The period specific treatment really sounds like a park I would want to visit! I love the antique cars and trollies going around the park! I love that the entrance is going to be a real street with sidewalks! It just sounds very inviting.

I love the villain overlay for Screamin'! I think that would add the Disney touch to that popular attraction. I even love the themed hotel off of Harbor! Disneyland deserves a "magical" hotel which transports you to a different time or place just as WDW has.

As a monorail enthusiast, I also love the extension of the monorail! That is going to really connect DCA and the hotels to really make Disneyland a resort! (They have been putting that stupid word under Disneyland's logo for a few years now, but this is the first time it really would mean something!)

I think we have to thank everyone who is approving this project. I particularly am thankful for John Lassiter for his input and design! GREAT JOB!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm not really here

Re: Thrilled about DCA... for the first time!

I am to. I hope that budget gets approved. DCA is not a little thing that quick fix can solve. It needs money and hard work, but it can definitely be worked into something amazing. And it sounds like it will be.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• White and Nerdy

I agree wholeheartily. Lasseter is truly the second coming of Walt himself -- not afraid to do what's needed for the benefit of the typical family attending Disneyland -- not the suits.

• Sock Puppet

It sounds nice! But then again, I think DCA is fine to begin with, though I know I'm in the minority.

• The one, the only...

And if you think about it, if 2010 is the target date, that is a VERY short time frame to do this in. Most of 2006 is done, so they are attempting to get all this done in three years! I know that Disneyland was built faster, but DCA will have to remain open during the remodel, which causes delays. I think it would be almost a miracle if they can get it done by 2010.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• It's all nonsense

Hopefully the extension of the monorail will encompass a stop at all the hotels. Well the GCH doesn't truly need a stop, but it'd still be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    And if you think about it, if 2010 is the target date, that is a VERY short time frame to do this in. Most of 2006 is done, so they are attempting to get all this done in three years! I know that Disneyland was built faster, but DCA will have to remain open during the remodel, which causes delays. I think it would be almost a miracle if they can get it done by 2010.

650 million can make a lot of things happen in a really short amount of time.....
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I think this was full of great ideas. I hope that they follow through with them.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I will have to be a CM again and work at DCA again after all this is done! Hearing this makes me proud to say I worked at DCA!

Woo-hoo!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

....biting... my...tongue.....

take anything you read online, even from Al, with a grain of salt, people.

things change. plans change. budgets change.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by karamie View Post
    It sounds nice! But then again, I think DCA is fine to begin with, though I know I'm in the minority.
    I tend to agree with you though. DCA is always going to suffer by comparison - it is, after all, next to one of the most famous theme parks in the world - by taken on its own merits, it is still a solid little park.

However, given attendance issues and the bad rep that it now has, anything that can be done to improve the figures and the general theming, especially if that means a few more E-tickets, is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    ....biting... my...tongue.....

take anything you read online, even from Al, with a grain of salt, people.

things change. plans change. budgets change.
    Yes, I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Reporting for HKDL Source, I've learned that almost every second story we come across is the subject of rumour rather than solid fact. However, there seems to be some truth to these rumours, especially given the long-standing rumblings about DCA, and I think that many of the areas Al mentioned, at least, are ones where DCA would certainly be improved if carried out.

Indeed, if even half of those things go through - a bit more window dressing, and even one more E-ticket - then we are looking at a much improved park, and hopefully more numbers to match.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Animatronic

If DCA gets a theme, trees and curbs, it's going to loose the feel it had in Walt's day, which the current DCA so expertly maintains.

• I'm not really here

I think if this does go through it will be a good sign that Disney brass have learned the lesson that if you are going to do something, you had better do it right the first time or you'll end up paying even more later on. Hopefully this will make an end to budget cutting when it comes to enhancing/creating things for the parks.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I Hate Peter Pan

I guess I am missing something here..........while curbs, trees and a stronger theme will be nice, I still do not think the general public will pay to visit a nice looking park. If you were a family without passes, would you revisit and pay hundreds of dollars to ride the same rides again because there are curbs and cars driving around now?

DCA needs originality! No more copy Kat rides. I like the idea behind the incredibles and others mentioned, but they sound like standard rides (roller coasters) with themes. What came first, POTC or Jack Sparrow?.... $650 million can buy a lot, let's hope the plans do change and evolve, it is a nice start
    Last edited by James T Hook; 10-04-2006 at 07:56 AM.
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

I like the plans for DCA, except the hotel in the Timon lot. I always saw this as prime expansion space for DCA. However if they do carry out all these plans for DCA it could really turn the "resort" idea around. Imaginepeopleactually coming to the resort withDCA as their main Priorety...whoa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast