Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Dream at Redd Rocketts

Well after spending a great weekend at the park and meeting some great people from MiceChat, are time was limited until we had to return to the heat. Monday was going to be a half day and we would head out right after noon. So around 11 we headed over to check out Jedi Academy. Upon leaving we notice that the TomorrowLanding was now open.

Mostly hats and Jedi stuff, but I'm sure that will change with Nemo.

My girls were getting hungry, so we were going to quickly grab them something over at Redd's. It was about 11:30 and not busy yet. When we walked in, we were greeted by a CM that asked us if we had heard of the "Year of a Million Dreams?" She told us that we had been selected to receive sit down service at Redd's. We were taken to table that had a table cloth and reserved sign and were handed menus. The menu was still the same, just instead of being buffeteria style, we were served as though it was an actual restauraunt. Drink orders taken and fulfilled, then meal orders taken and finally asked if we wanted dessert. (Sorry, the pictures of the table and food is on my wife's camers. I'll post later.)

So, after this dream was to have a sit-down experience in what was other than that a fast grab place. Interesting concept, not sure how well it is going to go over with people. I was happy, because I would be able to share with everyone the experience and get to see first hand one of the dreams. However, if I was there under my original idea of grabbing the kids something quick and moving on, I would have probably felt pressure to order things that I didn't want. Oh and for those of you wanting to know, yes, we still had to pay for our meal.

There was a nice surprise though at the end. Right before we were presented our bill, our server brought us out some goodies. First we were presented with a copy of the menu that had been signed by all the CM's that were working at Redd's.

Next we were given buttons to wear.

My guess was the reason for us to wear the pins was so that we became marked and other dream givers would know to shy clear of us. If we had won ears or the fast passes, we would already be marked. And the final gift were these pins.

I'm not into the pin trading scene, so I'm not sure if these are unique or a pin that is (or will be) available.

So, it was an interesting experience. Definately something different.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

Sounds really cool but I'm still bummed this dreams thing will only happen to families.

• Neep meep beep

That's great! When you say that the dream was sit down service, I'm assuming that they also paid for the meal, right?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Thats pretty neat!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see the rest of the reports on the different experiences.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think that would be a great experience. I always wished there were more table service locations like at the Magic Kingdom. I think the menu is a pretty cool souvineer. It really shows that people care.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    That's great! When you say that the dream was sit down service, I'm assuming that they also paid for the meal, right?
    Yes, exactly, the dream was the experience and service not a free meal. However, they did honor free drink refills, which if I'm not mistaken is not an option at Redds.

And yes EagleWings you are probably right. I had to take my girls to the bathroom so my wife chatted with the server while we were gone. She asked her how we were choosen and the answer was quite simply, "I was to give out a dream and you looked like a nice family." So is there room for bias and non-random giving, I would have to say yes.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Sounds really cool but I'm still bummed this dreams thing will only happen to families.
    Gosh, it just started. You don't know this for sure. What is there to be bummed about?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Gosh, it just started. You don't know this for sure. What is there to be bummed about?
    Yep, our situation was a sit down meal, so I can understand the pick a family (or at least group) instead of just a single person walking in. However, for the ears, fastpasses, etc. this probably doesn't hold true. Like you said, it just started. Heck, the server even told us this was only the second time they had done this and weren't really sure exactly what or how they should handle everything.

• Banned User

So it was all random?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    So it was all random?
    If youve been reading some of the other dreams that have been experienced (such as sadokos where they got to watch fantasmic from a special spot..even if it wasnt that great) they were all approached at random. It doesnt come off well if you go up to people saying "wheres my prize"
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Oh my Goodness!

I think that is fun! A chance to feel special and unique. I think that is part of the Disney Magic - feeling like you are important and special in the large crowd. It's nothing huge, but still something special. Yay. Hope you enjoyed your Dream!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    It just seems like the fastpasses and the ears and other things will only go to kids or families. And yeah that makes sense it just makes me feel left out as my only family is my mom so we're not a big group when she goes. I usually go with my friends and we're all teens, I doubt they'd give teens anything we have such a bad rep.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    It just seems like the fastpasses and the ears and other things will only go to kids or families. And yeah that makes sense it just makes me feel left out as my only family is my mom so we're not a big group when she goes. I usually go with my friends and we're all teens, I doubt they'd give teens anything we have such a bad rep.
    Give it a chance. Like they said, it just started.

Oh and for those of you wanting to know, yes, we still had to pay for our meal.
    Okay. Great and fun little deal Disneyland did for your family. Super. Hats off. Really.

But jeez...doesn't anyone else find the fact that they didn't pick up the few dollars at their cost of a few hunks of dough and some soda...just a little bit...I don't know...chintzy...for a "dream" surprise?

This reminds me of the big ticket auction Disney recently had on their eBay site that went for several thousands of dollars that included several "not available to the public" elements, and one of the things the winners got was a tour of Club 33. They didn't even get to eat there...paid or comp! They just got to see it. I thought that was practically cruel. And very cheap of them.

This "Dream" sorta reminds me of that. "Wow...here's a dream come true for you...sit down and we'll bring your food to you! Now...may we have your credit card, please?"

I would give this one an overall IMHO.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 10-03-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast