Best activity for young girls

My wife and I are taking her best friend and her daughters to Disneyland next week and I just wanted some suggestions on what the girls might like to do or see. They are 6 and 8. I haven't ever really been there with kids. My son is two so we could just go from Monsters Inc. to Pooh then Buzz. He would just love to ride them over and over. I don't know if there is something special that the girls would just love.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Best activity for young girls

I have 2 little girls (4 and almost 6) and they love EVERYTHING. They are both tall enough for the coasters, and they love every single ride.
    Check this thread too:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39884
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Man O Lantern

My younger two girls are 5 and 8 and love to do pretty much everything, from Small World to the Matterhorn to Indy (for the older one). They also love Fantasyland, especially the Tea Cups.

At that age, they also really really really love Autopia (I think it's closed though) at that age. My girls also love Star Tours.

You can't go wrong at Disneyland--they'll love it all!!

Oh! My kids also love the simple things like eating an ice cream cone while watching a parade. Or resting with a Dole Whip at the Tiki Room.

Thanks for the help. I hate admiting this but I really have no clue when it comes to girls. Heaven help me if our next child is girl.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

You never know.....your daughter could just be into everything like mine are.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
    My wife and I are taking her best friend and her daughters to Disneyland next week and I just wanted some suggestions on what the girls might like to do or see. They are 6 and 8. I haven't ever really been there with kids. My son is two so we could just go from Monsters Inc. to Pooh then Buzz. He would just love to ride them over and over. I don't know if there is something special that the girls would just love. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    My suggestion is to ask the girls themselves. All girls are not the same
    Minnietoo

• I love this place!

I'm sure they will find lots to enjoy, but one of the best things you can do is meet the princesses in front of the castle. Ask at City Hall or at the Time Board when each princess will be appearing. I took my nieces (6 & 5 at the time) in 2003 and one of their favorite memories is meeting Cinderella. The pictures are priceless, too!

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    I'm sure they will find lots to enjoy, but one of the best things you can do is meet the princesses in front of the castle. Ask at City Hall or at the Time Board when each princess will be appearing. I took my nieces (6 & 5 at the time) in 2003 and one of their favorite memories is meeting Cinderella. The pictures are priceless, too!
    Thank you. I can't tell you how many times I have been to Disnayland but I have never seen this. I will make sure that we catch this.

If they are really into the princesses, there is a storytelling time in the back of the princess store in fantasyland(not sure of the name offhand). One of the princesses actually comes in and reads a disney story. The little girls in there are totally awestruck!! Check the store, I am pretty sure they either have a sign with the times on it or a CM will just let you know what times they do it.

So I actually recommend this to all ages but it only applies if you are going into California Adventure....

Go into the animation studio and go to Turtle Talk with Crush. It's a really great experience especially if your child gets chosen to talk to Crush. Another thing to do in there is in the Sorceror's workshop. There are 3 rooms, the first has you make your own cartoons, the second is made to look like the library from "Beauty and the Beast" you can take a little quiz thing and they tell you what character you are most like, the last room is Ursula's from the Little Mermaid. You act out or sing along to scenes from movies and they play it back for you! It's super cute!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

If they love the princesses, I recommend Ariel's Grotto in DCA for lunch. It's a little pricey and you need to reserve in advance, but the princesses come to your table and mingle. My 5 YO twins loved it.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?