Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November 5th

LaughingPlace.com has the following info....

http://mb.laughingplace.com/default....1003132231&C=1

I called Disney Dining to see if they were taking reservations yet for Candlelight.

She asked if I was an Annual Passholder and then said that beginning November 5th they will be taking reservations online at the AP web site. Credit card purchase in advance. They do not yet have information as to how much it will cost or if there are any restrictions on the number of tickets (past experience says probably).
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 11-08-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Neep meep beep

Re: Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November 5th

Great news, and highly anticipated - thank you!

• For old time sake

Re: Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November 5th

Blast from the past:

"listen....do you know who that is talking?' (from the rude lady behind us at Candlelight last yr to somone she was on the phone with...DURING THE PERFORMANCE!!!!! GAH!!!!)

Color me blonde, but who's the narrator this year?
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    Color me blonde, but who's the narrator this year?
    The celebrity has not yet been announced.....

• Banned User

I would hope they would announce the speaker before selling tickets.. who wants to buy tickets not knowing who the speaker is?

How much have the tickets cost in the past?

• Basking in birthday love

I'm sure they'll figure it out by then, it's still a month away. My first thought was to rush out and buy tickets, but then I remembered, oh wait, I'm performing...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I would hope they would announce the speaker before selling tickets.. who wants to buy tickets not knowing who the speaker is?

How much have the tickets cost in the past?
    The tickets are "Free" with dinner, which has a minimum purchase...

Last year, the lower end restaurants (basically Hotel restaurants like Storyteller's) had a $40 minimum purchase per adult, and $15 for kids 3 thru 9....

The higher end restaurants had a $60 minimum for adults...

But with the requirement of "Pre-Purchase" should be interesting in how they handle it, many folks orders alcohol and/or desserts to reach the minimum per person (and in the past, they just took the entire groups amount, so one person could help make up for another).

Hopefully it will be a "Gift Certificate" to apply towards the meal, versus a packaged menu, where you have to pay extra for Alcohol and that everyone has to pay the minimum...

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Good to know, thanks

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

How does all this work? If one has dinner reservations is one also getting a seat up close? Or are seats first come, first serve? Do people wait all day?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    How does all this work? If one has dinner reservations is one also getting a seat up close? Or are seats first come, first serve? Do people wait all day?
    There is reserved seating for "invited guests", which are basically VIP's from Disney, choir members get a few tickets, and the Dinner folks. The back area is for folks without tickets. They fill up fast, many folks get in line prior to Noon. Standing Room only is available on a first come, first serve basis..

When we went two years ago (Marie Osmond did the narration, she did a wonderful job) we found out talking to other people that it didn't matter where you ate it seemed that they did the seating arrignments ramdomly ( we were 3 rows back just left of the center of the stage, really good seats) so don't think that spending more will get you good seats.

• Miss Marvel

Okay. I'm completely new to the concept of events like this at Disneyland. What is this Candlelight Procession you all speak of?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Re: Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November

If you buy a ticket for the dining package, are you also required to buy a separate ticket for admission into the park?
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Re: Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    If you buy a ticket for the dining package, are you also required to buy a separate ticket for admission into the park?
    Yes. Park admission is not included.

--Tim
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

NOON? Oye.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast