View Poll Results: Tom Sawyer Island Re-Do to Pirates Theme?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrrr! A good idea it be.

96 32.65%
  • Arrrr! A bad idea it be.

114 38.78%
  • Arrrr! I don't know. We'll see.

84 28.57%
  • Arrrr! I say other and I will be explainin' below...

17 5.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Sawyer Island's Pirate Re-Theme: Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Mexicoland could have an alamo/conquistador theme that works well with pirates!
    The Alamo would belong to TexasLand, not MexicoLand!

I'm for it, it sounds great, up to the "interactive" part. I would HATE to see a video game area put in!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Well, if it does become pirate island, then I say they mix it up and make it Pirates of the Carribean vs. Peter Pan vs. Mark Twain. Johnny Depp vs. Peter Pan vs. Capt. Hook. The native americans just get a rehab to fit Peter Pan, add some cannons to the Mark Twain to battle the Columbia converted Black Pearl, bring the fire back to the cabin, give all the kiddies some sharp swords and gun powder... Yeah baby.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I would like to go on record as saying we actually LIKED the updated changes to Pirates of the Caribbean. So, here again, we are not part of the group who NEVER likes to see change. It just depends on what KIND of changes are being considered that concern us.

ORWEN: Furthermore, when they changed Swiss Family Robinson Tree House to Tarzan's Treehouse, that didn't bother us, either. It still fit the theme of the land.

ORDDU: Plus there is still a Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse to be enjoyed in Florida. But this latest idea for a change just doesn't bode well with us at all. Let's hope it doesn't happen. Long Live The Rivers of America!!!

• Basking in birthday love

Mellonballer, I am in awe. Truly, I salute you.

But I must say, I'm quite bloody sick of pirates. A friend proposed watching the movie the other night, and the thought actually gave me a headache. You hear that, overenthusiastic marketing machine? The idea of watching a movie that I rather like caused me PHYSICAL PAIN!

Ahem.

I imagine that the meeting went something like this.
    "Hey, that Tom Sawyer Island could really use some touching up."
    "Yeah, it's getting pretty natty. But what could we put there?"
    "Pirates! Everyone loves pirates!"

Hopefully they give the idea a bit more thought before actually finalizing plans.

• Popular Princess

i think it's a bad idea, but i'll reserve judgement for now. the place does need some TLC big time!

it's bad because everything is pirates lately including ride changes, at least 2 themed stores plus every store in the park carries something pirates related, and 2 (3 next year) movies. why do we need to add more to that craze? personally, i'm sick and tired of pirates! i cried foul when they closed le bat en rouge (although i was glad when i found out it opened up again down the street)! plus, what happens when the pirate fad dies out? also a pirates theme does not fit with the vehicles navigating the ROA. it also ruins the american west feel that is supposed to be going on with frontierland and critter country.

it's good because it will bring new life to the island. that place really needs some love and attention!

hmmm...i honestly think we'll have to wait and see.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Sock Puppet

What an absolutely horrible idea.

I mean sure: Pirates is great and is very "in" right now - but how far does Disney need to go to keep cramming down this Pirate stuff on its guests? Its getting ridiculous.

Plus, how does Pirates fit in with the Frontierland theme? I'm sure there were Pirates on the Mississippi way back then, but there is already a Pirates attraction, a Pirates shop (two of them!), and a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet in New Orleans Square.

Leave the island's name alone -Tom Sawyer Island - and bring it back to the way it was back in its glory days - where it was actually fun to go to and explore.

Enough Pirate crap. Disney is really starting to make me hate the whole Pirates franchise thing.

• Basking in birthday love

Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier, but does anyone else get a Mr. Skullhead vibe from the thread title?

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Arghh! ---Bring on the Pirates-

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    But I think the Caribbean theme will fit well with the French quarters theme.
    The Island is in Frontierland.

Do people forget that because you can see it from New Orleans Square?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Why is everything PIRATES?
    Probably because Walt Disney CREATED Pirates of the Caribbean. Last time I checked, Mark Twain created Tom Sawyer, not Walt Disney.

Disney owns Pirates of the Carribean, and they own Disneyland. If they truly wanted, they can shut Disneyland down for a couple of years and re-theme the whole place as Pirates. Get rid of Main Street and everything else.

Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world. Give these guys a chance.

• Banned User

I like the idea of updating Tom Sawyer's Island with a theme that is more popular with today's guests. Yes, the pirate theme will eventually grow old and stale, just as the Tom Sawyer theme is now tired and run down, and when that occurs, they can remake the island to some other theme to keep it interesting. There is just no way to justify spending large sums of money to update an area themed to an unknown and (to today's culture it appears) boring story.

I see no conflict with having pirates in Frontierland -- pirates were not confined to the Caribbean, and were plenty common along the US west coast. In fact I hope they do NOT dig out the established trees and plants and try to create a tropical island -- a little refinement to the existing foliage would work wonders for the new theme.

Obligatory pirate talk: Harr! Avast there mateys, but I be thinkin' this here isle o'pirates idea be a good un.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Change In Me View Post
    The Island is in Frontierland.

Do people forget that because you can see it from New Orleans Square?
    Yes, but if disney by chance even decides to retheme the island, then the pirate island idea would still fit in and connect Frontierland with NOS. It will easily connect the two because of Pirate/spanish roots.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Well right now...TSI is boring and dull. I just want them to make some changes to make people want to go there.
    How about some porcelain deer and flowers?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Probably because Walt Disney CREATED Pirates of the Caribbean. Last time I checked, Mark Twain created Tom Sawyer, not Walt Disney.
    Yes, but it was Walt Disney who wanted Tom Sawyer Island to go with the Mark Twain Riverboat.

I'm just honestly sick of Pirates. If they have all this money - why can't they just make the island fun again?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Yes, but if disney by chance even decides to retheme the island, then the pirate island idea would still fit in and connect Frontierland with NOS. It will easily connect the two because of Pirate/spanish roots.
    True enough. But like I said, there is already Pirates of the Caribbean, two Pirate stores, a Pirate band, and a Jack Sparrow Meet and Greet; not to mention the third film coming up in 2007 and the soon-to-be additions of Keira and Orlando to the PotC attraction.

When will they just freakin' stop?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast