• SoCal "Select" Cheapskate

How Rumors Get Started...

1. Some really cool guy from Orange County (Cacopelao!) posts on MiceChat that it would be cool if they turned RoA into a pirate-themed area.

2. Coincidently, another post is made from an even cooler guy (Al) with unverifiable sources stating that SOMEONE is POSSIBLLY thinking of MAYBE making SOME SORT of change to Tom Sawyer's Island.

3. Subsequent postings in both threads innappropriately state that it is confirmed that TSI is getting changed out for a pirate island.

4. A poll thread is started which provides an even greater opportunity for misunderstandings.

5. And......BAM!!!! It's definitive that TSI is getting the wrecking ball right after closing tonight...pirate ships are being assembled and shipped over as we speak...call backs for face actor pirates have already taken place and the "year of a million 'arrrrs'" is starting November 1...And threads, avatars, and signatures referencing the above abound.

Let's all calm down a minute...take a deep breath....everything will be o.k...nothing is for sure....Just remember: whatever happens, Disneyland will always be the best them p"arrrrrrr"k in the universe.

• It's all nonsense

Re: How Rumors Get Started...

The thing is, is that Al has a really good track record when it comes to these things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The thing is, is that Al has a really good track record when it comes to these things.
    I totally know and realize that....I didn't want to discredit Al, but it a lot of people's eyes, TSI is already gone...and we simply don't know anything yet. But it is sure fun to talk about

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Don't forget that some of the ideas al has gotten from others where Disneyland is concerned have also been scratched off the list and never got a green light .

• Hooterville, USA

I'm so confused....................

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    I totally know and realize that....I didn't want to discredit Al, but it a lot of people's eyes, TSI is already gone...and we simply don't know anything yet. But it is sure fun to talk about
    Dear Lord, READING COMPREHENSION PEOPLE. Al took an entire paragraph to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    Now before you storm the MiceChat boards, just try to keep in mind that this still hasn't received the formal green light and funding from Burbank. But it's a project that is moving so quickly and with so much political muscle that it was important to bring to light now. It's also something that needs to be ready to open in just seven short months and there's plenty of work to do, so the formal decision will need to be made quickly, if it hasn't already been decided by the time you read this. We'll of course keep you informed if this gets the green light and we'll keep you in the loop as the endless details of the project get ironed out through the fall. (And yes I'm also wondering what'll happen to the Indian village out back, not to mention the itchy bear and every other river-side tableau.)
    It has NOT BEEN GREENLIT. If it is not greenlit, then Al is not "wrong" that it is being discussed. Jesus H. Christ. I should post that paragraph in every thread discussing this topic.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Psst...I heard that they were turning Main Street into a Super Highway. Shhh. It's a secret.

Oh wait, you said COOL guy posts.

And I'm not from Orange County.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to spreading slander about the Seven Dwarfs.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to spreading slander about the Seven Dwarfs
    like Sneezy making an interesting appearance in the Dustin Diamond sex video?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cacopelao! View Post
    1. Some really cool guy from Orange County (Cacopelao!) posts on MiceChat that it would be cool if they turned RoA into a pirate-themed area.

2. Coincidently, another post is made from an even cooler guy (Al) with unverifiable sources stating that SOMEONE is POSSIBLLY thinking of MAYBE making SOME SORT of change to Tom Sawyer's Island.

3. Subsequent postings in both threads innappropriately state that it is confirmed that TSI is getting changed out for a pirate island.

4. A poll thread is started which provides an even greater opportunity for misunderstandings.

5. And......BAM!!!! It's definitive that TSI is getting the wrecking ball right after closing tonight...pirate ships are being assembled and shipped over as we speak...call backs for face actor pirates have already taken place and the "year of a million 'arrrrs'" is starting November 1...And threads, avatars, and signatures referencing the above abound.

Let's all calm down a minute...take a deep breath....everything will be o.k...nothing is for sure....Just remember: whatever happens, Disneyland will always be the best them p"arrrrrrr"k in the universe.
    We just want a chance to tell the world how SUCKY the idea is.

But "year of a million arrrrrrrrr's" has a nice ring to it.

(The calming down part happens when you post another story that you heard in which a TDA manager was beaten about the head and neck with a Johnny Depp plush toy for suggesting such a thing in the first place.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Dear Lord, READING COMPREHENSION PEOPLE. Al took an entire paragraph to say:
    That is the whole premise of my thread...nothing is for sure.

Reading Comprehension?